[Mk2] [Turbo] central locking

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

doeboy

[Mk2] [Turbo] central locking

Post by doeboy »

i have a problem on my central locking on the rev 3 turbo that has been bugging me since i had the yoad alarm installed about 4 years ago!

i know should have sorted it by now!!!!

anyway.............the issue is that the alarm when armed locks the car and sets the alarm, however when going to get back into the car the alarm is disarmed but the doors remain locked, so what i have to do is unlock the doors with the button on the toyota key first and then disarm the alarm.

my question is this..... why does the central locking lock the car with the alarm button but not unlock?

how do i fix it, i spoke to a auto electrician ages ago and he said that there is a box under the steering column that controls the centrl locking and that there is a wire in there that needs cutting and it will all work fine, however he wanted to charge me £40 for the priviledge of snipping a wire, he claimed he'd done it on others before!

does anyone know anymore about this wire?

cheers in advance for the help ya'll!!

steve
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] central locking

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

Needs to have wiring adapted for import
you need to split unlock wire with diode to connect to 2 wires to have this work

Engineer should have done this on the day

Ian
doeboy

Post by doeboy »

the said engineer is a mate of mine and doesn't really work that much on imports, however i will inform him on this !

thanks matey!!

steve
doeboy

Post by doeboy »

done exactly as you said mate as per advice on the mr2oc aswell and it hasnt worked!

ant other suggestions??

cheers

steve

Return to “Electrical”