BMW M5

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

matt_mr2t

BMW M5

Post by matt_mr2t »

I was plodding along the M25 on Saturday driving quite conservatively. I was low on petrol and had a 70 mile round trip you see.

Any way, out of no where a new shaped M5 came past at what must have been about 120mph or more. It absolutely ploughed it's way through the "traffic" by "traffic" I mean the not particularly dense spread of cars over all three lanes.

The guy was driving it like a maniac and I didnt bite and take chase. But I did have to admire how a car that big and heavy is just SO fast.

It looked ultra cool in black as well, very menacing :thumleft:

I'm sure a tubby owner will come here and say "yeah but mines faster blah blah blah"

But it wont be worth £60k, seat 5 in comfort and be a nice comfortable daily driver!
Blue_5

Re: BMW M5

Post by Blue_5 »

Will keep an eye out for him, i'll remind myself to check out whats left of his car as i'm cutting him out of it after he runs out of talent. And to the people he will inevitably take with him

Matt, have you noticed how much this is going on nowadays on the local roads? People just seem to be using the M25/A13 as a private racetrack. Seriously, they are driving like there in NFS or something.

On the way home today (ok was near home so not near those roads) theres a single carrigeway A road thats almost wide enough to be a dual. You can overtake quite safely, if the car being overtaken is near the NS line you dont even cross onto the other line. Hovever, today, I had someone overtake me, WITH SOMEONE OVERTAKE HIM AT THE SAME TIME! But considering the other car (a Seat) was overtaking a line of cars, the Volvo was like this for the best part of the road, about 1/2 mile. Seriously, people on the opposite carrageway were having to pull to their left to let him past. Was crusing at about 60mph with the rest of the traffic, his speed had to be over 90.

Beggars belief sometimes. Wish these people could see exactly what happens to people when you get it wrong at those sort of speeds.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Appart from the actual speed of the M5 he wasnt really being a nob. There was plenty of space between cars. It's not how I would drive personally, especially not in a £60k car.

The bit that was very bad was when he cameo off the M25 (junction 26 IIRC) I think it was just one lane but he went round the outside of some one to get past them.
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

I had a new M5 (also black) right up my ass down some flowing country lanes last summer. No matter what I did, I couldn't even begin to shake him off. But then he did have 507bhp :whistle:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

These cars are VERY fast for the size / weight of them (Im guessing they wont be that light). If you get the chance to drive one do!! Press the M Button, Set the SMG Box to fast gear change, Put it in 2nd, plant your foot and it just shoots off then bang through the gears with the flappy paddles on the steering wheel while watching your speedo / revs on the Heads up display on the windscreen :mrgreen: :mrgreen:. Plus the auto seat restraints kick ass!! Go around a corner fast / sharp and the side of the seats move out to hold you in :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The sound is unbeleivable as well!!

Definatly one of the best cars made :clap: :clap:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i agree, great cars and they do look awesome...
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

Return to “Driving Experiences”