JUST REBUILT REV 1 TUBBIE, NOW FOR POWER FC? WHAT WIL I NEED

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

greeny

JUST REBUILT REV 1 TUBBIE, NOW FOR POWER FC? WHAT WIL I NEED

Post by greeny »

Just rebuilt the engine, all good at the minute! :) Going to get a power fc and commander for her. what exactly will i need? Going to let Thor racing set her up for me as they've been highly reccomended to me. Few questions..............
Will the power fc control my boost and fuel cut?
Does it remove the air flow meter?
And has anyone had experience with thor racing? and whats your thoughts about them?
Thanks again for the info lads,
Michael.
KrisB

Re: JUST REBUILT REV 1 TUBBIE, NOW FOR POWER FC? WHAT WIL I NEED

Post by KrisB »

the pfc will not control the boost unless you buy the boost module with it
thor dogs nuts
greeny

power fc

Post by greeny »

So deos it remove the airflow meter and fuel cut? What additional sensors will i be needing then, if it removes the airflow meter? also what sort of price should i be paying for the power fc, commander, boost module and any additional sensors? Thanks Michael.
Quigonjay

Re: JUST REBUILT REV 1 TUBBIE, NOW FOR POWER FC? WHAT WIL I

Post by Quigonjay »

greeny wrote:Just rebuilt the engine, all good at the minute! :) Going to get a power fc and commander for her. what exactly will i need? Going to let Thor racing set her up for me as they've been highly reccomended to me. Few questions..............
Will the power fc control my boost and fuel cut?
Does it remove the air flow meter?
And has anyone had experience with thor racing? and whats your thoughts about them?
Thanks again for the info lads,
Michael.

thor is a member on here mate, comes highly reccomended from anyone that uses them, check the following thread from the affiliates section, results using rev 1 tubby but not a pfc, a new ecu - the link xlem
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8978
hth
Jay
gmtc

Re: JUST REBUILT REV 1 TUBBIE, NOW FOR POWER FC? WHAT WIL I NEED

Post by gmtc »

Thor will convert your rev1 engine loom to a rev3 one for £300. This includes supply of all necessary sensors (see the affiliates section - there was a posting a few weeks back).
Then you can plug in the power fc for a rev3 engine and away you go (after some re-tuning).

I have my rev1 booked in with thor.
greeny

power fc

Post by greeny »

gmtc wrote:Thor will convert your rev1 engine loom to a rev3 one for £300. This includes supply of all necessary sensors (see the affiliates section - there was a posting a few weeks back).
Then you can plug in the power fc for a rev3 engine and away you go (after some re-tuning).

I have my rev1 booked in with thor.

Let us know how you get on mate, when you got her booked in? and how much is it costing you if u don't mind me asking? send pm.
Cheers Michael.

Return to “Modifications”