Genuine TRD Rev2 MR2 (No. 21 of 35)

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tinydanceruk

Genuine TRD Rev2 MR2 (No. 21 of 35)

Post by tinydanceruk »

I’m selling my ultra rare 1992 TRD MR2 of which only 35 were ever built by Toyota (this is number 21) - of that, there are only three or four in Europe. This is a Rev2 T-Bar Model. I’ve attached a link to Wikipedia to confirm the background and scarceness of this car. There is a plaque in the front boot also confirming this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr2#SW20_TRD2000GT

I’m selling due to wanting a few more seats.

The car has done a genuine 39611 miles and is in fantastic condition. The paintwork is gleaming red and only has some minor stone chips which are easily sorted. The car also comes with six months MOT and six months tax. I also have the V5.

Any work carried out on this car has been by either Owen Developments or Toyota Garages and no expense has been spared in keeping it maintained (I have all the receipts for work since it was imported in April 2004).

The car is currently running at 261bhp at the flywheel and 248 lbf-ft of torque with the following modifications:

F-CON SZ type A ECU & Harness
Aussie Downpipe
Piper Cross Viper Kit

Although I’m sure there are other modifications, these are the only ones I have receipts to confirm. Also, the brake pads, discs, rear calipers have been changed recently.

The car also comes with a Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm which I have the installation certificate for.

The interior is also spotless an comes with the following:

Defi Turbo & Oil Tamp Gauges and Control Unit
Kenwood Double Din Monitor with DVD (Model Number DDX7025) and remote control.
Momo Corse Steering Wheel
TRD Gear Knob
Recaro Interior (unmarked)
Original MR2 Floor mats

The only work required is that the wheels will need refurbished in the future, but this can be done for little cost - these split rim, deep dish alloys are also original and highly sought after. The tyres are all Goodyear Eagle F1’s and are in good condition.
I’m selling my ultra rare 1992 TRD MR2 of which only 35 were ever built by Toyota (this is number 21) - of that, there are only three or four in Europe. This is a Rev2 T-Bar Model. I’ve attached a link to Wikipedia to confirm the background and scarceness of this car. There is a plaque in the front boot also confirming this.

I’m selling due to wanting a few more seats.

The car has done a genuine 39611 miles and is in fantastic condition. The paintwork is gleaming red and only has some minor stone chips which are easily sorted. The car also comes with six months MOT and six months tax. I also have the V5.

Any work carried out on this car has been by either Owen Developments or Toyota Garages and no expense has been spared in keeping it maintained (I have all the receipts for work since it was imported in April 2004).

The car is currently running at 261bhp at the flywheel and 248 lbf-ft of torque with the following modifications:

F-CON SZ type A ECU & Harness
Aussie Downpipe
Piper Cross Viper Kit

Although I’m sure there are other modifications, these are the only ones I have receipts to confirm. Also, the brake pads, discs, rear calipers have been changed recently.

The car also comes with a Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm which I have the installation certificate for.

The interior is also spotless an comes with the following:

Defi Turbo & Oil Tamp Gauges and Control Unit
Kenwood Double Din Monitor with DVD (Model Number DDX7025) and remote control.
Momo Corse Steering Wheel
TRD Gear Knob
Recaro Interior (unmarked)
Original MR2 Floor mats

The only work required is that the wheels will need refurbished in the future, but this can be done for little cost - these split rim, deep dish alloys are also original and highly sought after. The tyres are all Goodyear Eagle F1’s and are in good condition.

Although I couldn't come up with a price, I've spoken to a few folk on here and will be looking for £12000 ovno as this car is a collectors item and is worth every penny - to produce a replica of this car would cost more money, would be more hassle and doesn’t have the perfect lines this genuine TRD does. This is the ultimate JDM car and turns heads wherever it goes.

I am happy to answer any questions and am happy for any picture requests or visits, so feel free to contact me via PM or on 07920060286.

I will be in on holiday from 6pm Saturday until Monday evening and will be unable to answer my phone, but feel free to leave a message and I’ll get back to you on Tuesday.

simmo490

Re: Genuine TRD Rev2 MR2 (No. 21 of 35)

Post by simmo490 »

i know its origional and all that but 12K :shock: :shock:

i really hope you get what you want, looks a stunner

dave
tinydanceruk

Post by tinydanceruk »

simmo490 wrote:i know its origional and all that but 12K :shock: :shock:

i really hope you get what you want, looks a stunner

dave

Cheers mate, I'll see what offers come in, but the car's not going to lose it's new buyer any money 8)
shafster

Post by shafster »

looks mint dude, good luck with the sale

ps have you let topgun know its for sale, think he might be interested :mrgreen:
tinydanceruk

Post by tinydanceruk »

shafster wrote:looks mint dude, good luck with the sale

ps have you let topgun know its for sale, think he might be interested :mrgreen:

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

I'm sure he'll be made aware dude :D
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

good luck with sale neil...........life is all about timing......
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

i've seen this in the flesh and it's stunning!

I've also driven it and it boosts very smoothly with no smoke etc, the gearbox is slick with no crunchs and there is no rattles etc from the suspension et.

It's a very straight car and if i had the cash it'd be outside my pad as we speak!

ps i've bought a car from Neil before and found him to very honest to the point that put a mate in touch with him for another tubby he had for sale!
BST

Post by BST »

WOW :shock:

Great car!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

its a nice car,but not that nice that you have to tell us about it twice in your advert! :clown:

good luck with the sale :thumleft:
murf

Post by murf »

What about the Ka in the background, is that for sale :wink:

Seriously though, someone buy this! It drives amazing and feels much more planted than the stock mk2 due to the extra track width.
Gorgeous car!
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Hi Neil.

a genuinely rare car, best of luck with the sale. One of the few that has the TRD Alumi-k wheels that are not in production anymore, and impossible to get hold of (i tried for a while :wink: ).

These cars cannot be compared to replicas, not only is the fit of these second to none, perfect lines, etc, but you have got a genuine piece of heritage, and indeed a collectors car!

Best of luck with the sale and if the buyer is happy to be known to me privately, please let me know by PM as i am working on a TRD website (all be it slowly!)

Cheers
Stu.

Post by Stu. »

Genuine offer sent via PM 8)
BST

Post by BST »

Stu. wrote:Genuine offer sent via PM 8)

My genuine offer was sent yesterday already, hope he sees it first :D
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

It was only a matter of time before someone with a 'real' one posted how replicas cannot be compared. Well I beg to differ, the lines on my car are just as good. Its all about how much care you take.

I have in person seen a 'genuine' TRD that was fairly shabby. The fit of the kit was good but the settlement that had occured over time was pretty telling.

If people are willing to pay £6k extra for a little metal plate then......... :-#

I would sell mine for near to £12k with less miles on, a brand spanking rebuild, loads of suspension mods and it looks better :D

I've seen cars advertised on here in the £10k bracket with an awesome amount of money and very rare parts invested into them and people are not interested?

Out of interest (and this is a genuine question) how can you tell it is authentic? I guess you have a certificate of authenticity? Lets face it the little vin plate would hardly be a MI5 job to copy.

Good luck with the sale :wink:
peterc

Post by peterc »

Hi asked tis q on the other site evidently read that these were made by TRD as a one off in 1998.

This one appears to be a 1993 is there something ive missed.
Great looking car by the way.
edit evidently owner of this car took it to trd who fitted the kit one of 35 when five years old .Thought it was just a one off production thing like special edition.
Last edited by peterc on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Don't think thats how it worked mate

Technocraft it seems did 35 cars which may well have been younger or older than 1998. So you take in a 1993 and they add the bits. Had a look on the net and apparently a 1993 in red was imported.

Alternatively you buy the kit (you can even buy a 'real' kit) and get a reputable bodyshop to fit it, without a silver badge......................and so the debate over genuine and replica burns on :wink:

That's why I built a replica. No one has ever asked me yet 'is it real?' Maybe its that bad :cry:
tinydanceruk

Post by tinydanceruk »

Jimbob wrote:It was only a matter of time before someone with a 'real' one posted how replicas cannot be compared. Well I beg to differ, the lines on my car are just as good. Its all about how much care you take.

I have in person seen a 'genuine' TRD that was fairly shabby. The fit of the kit was good but the settlement that had occured over time was pretty telling.

If people are willing to pay £6k extra for a little metal plate then......... :-#

I would sell mine for near to £12k with less miles on, a brand spanking rebuild, loads of suspension mods and it looks better :D

I've seen cars advertised on here in the £10k bracket with an awesome amount of money and very rare parts invested into them and people are not interested?

Out of interest (and this is a genuine question) how can you tell it is authentic? I guess you have a certificate of authenticity? Lets face it the little vin plate would hardly be a MI5 job to copy.

Good luck with the sale :wink:

Thanks mate, I appreciate your thoughts on this, however I've never seen a decent kitted version personally - however I'm well aware there will be good replicas out there and I wasn't saying it in anyway to offend.

For the price, the buyer is getting a very rare piece of JDM history, that in turn will appreciate in value through time.

As for looking better, let's be serious for a minute! 8)

Just kidding dude, thanks for the input :)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

The deal is guys that Toyota Technicraft built up any year of Mk2, so there is no problem with the dates.

Jimbob no need to be so defensive, there are good replicas and genuine ones who've had a facelift :wink: but it really is about provenance - that is why fairly shabby racecars go for daft money if they once won a race with some famous driver. :) Only the buyer can decide if they value that or not!

Good luck with the sale mate, make your offers guys, decide whether you want it or not, but give the guy a break on his for sale thread!
T
p.s. you can't buy the original kit from TRD and haven't been able to for some time, it's been out of production for years.
tinydanceruk

Post by tinydanceruk »

Cheers Toni, nice to see a bit of positive feedback!

Sold anyway, pending payment! :D
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I wasn't having a dig at the seller, he seems like a nice enough guy :thumleft:

It was someone else who started the replica poke :oldtongue:

No offence mean't mate, and I do understand that there is a difference between 'real' and 'fake'. I actually almost bought a genuine TRD kit when building mine, but the price was ridiculous at the time. So I took my chances.

What about whifbitz? They have the genuine kit advertised as genuine? £3800 yoiiik!

All that car needs now is a decent engine :wink:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”