JAE 2008?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: JAE 2008?

Post by michael »

redmk1 wrote:so i nice little fishing village is going to be over run with jap cars? is it a big place?

One road in, one road out... oh and the road floods due to the tide... should be fun in combination with the usual tourist traffic a place like that must get :)
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

bloody hell its gonna be packed if its hot then :shock:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I don't mind the venue as much as the date - August bank holiday is the busiest time of year on the roads, it will be a living nightmare to get there I think.

I am pretty undecided, and I've been to all JAEs since Billing!
T
michael

Post by michael »

Isn't the bank holiday the weekend before this year?
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Bank Holiday is on the 25TH.
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

All i can say it's great for me this year as it's not far from me but i will miss all all of the Nourthen crew if you can't make it :cry:
It won't be the same without you all! I know it's along way but i'm sure it will be worth it :D
Maybe next year, to make up for it, we need to get something organised nearer you!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Leakie Tbar wrote:Bank Holiday is on the 25TH.

Ah! Doh!!

Still not convinced mind. :)
T
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

tonigmr2 wrote:

Ah! Doh!!

T

Toni, you know you want to be there!!! We need you, wouldn't be the same without you!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Mk1Supercharger SE Steve wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:

Ah! Doh!!

T

Toni, you know you want to be there!!! We need you, wouldn't be the same without you!

It's usually when I go on holiday though, or very near. :o
T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I must admit, I can't see the big issue with how far it is. I live near Manchester, so its a long drive, but i'll just book a day off as usual and leave earlier.

I quite like driving and enjoy long trips as a rule, so i'm not overly bothered by the distance. I drive to the Ring and Spa on a yearly and to London reasonably frequently so don't see the difference. Sure its nice when a show is local to you (Tatton for us) but it can't be near everyone can it?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

I'm not so worried about the distance to drive as the location. I work in Colchester from time to time and the machines I work on don't like the corrosion down there. That corner of the world seems to suffer from the exposure to the north winds and the salt carried by them. I don't fancy exposing the two to a long weekend of corrosion, it's bad enough when they salt the roads in winter, without driving on sea water flooded roads on purpose. How many MKIs will make it back??
michael

Post by michael »

High tide:

Thursday 10:51 then 23:29
Friday 11:54 then 24:00
Saturday 12:46
Sunday 01:17 then 13:31

Apparently..
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

Mmmm.....nice....
whoozy

Post by whoozy »

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

You lot are drama queens. :-:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Anyone who is interested and has a Facebook account.
JAE has its own.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8464168494
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

coverco wrote:I am also disappointed with the choice of venue, the fact that they had to find somewhere at short notice must have limited the choice, but by booking it for 3 years they are in my opinion showing contempt for the Northern people.

They have secured it for three years, am sure they can cancel if they find a better venue. But they have to look to the longevity of the show and not just a quick replacement.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
coverco

Post by coverco »

Tiamat wrote:
coverco wrote:I am also disappointed with the choice of venue, the fact that they had to find somewhere at short notice must have limited the choice, but by booking it for 3 years they are in my opinion showing contempt for the Northern people.

They have secured it for three years, am sure they can cancel if they find a better venue. But they have to look to the longevity of the show and not just a quick replacement.

If they were concerned with the longevity of the show then surely a central location would have been the most important consideration.

Also if they can cancel the venue if they find a better location then this must be a "quick replacement", if they do cancel the venue do you think the new venue will trust them to honour any agreement made? In my opinion it smacks of desperation, would it not have been better to cancel this years event rather than choose a poor location, if this years show is poorly attended it may end the event for good anyway :(
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

coverco wrote:If they were concerned with the longevity of the show then surely a central location would have been the most important consideration.

Also if they can cancel the venue if they find a better location then this must be a "quick replacement", if they do cancel the venue do you think the new venue will trust them to honour any agreement made? In my opinion it smacks of desperation, would it not have been better to cancel this years event rather than choose a poor location, if this years show is poorly attended it may end the event for good anyway :(

Again it comes down - is there a central location big enough to accomodate the show? JAE is not a case of getting a playing field in a village, there is the need for lots of car space, tent space, facilities, amenities etc which only certain places will be able to accomodate.

I appreciate for the Scottish members and the Northern members its a long way to travel, its further for me too - certainyl in the amount of time I will spend driving if not distance.

But to cancel the show for one year is more likely to kill it off then a poorly attended show for one year. Its not the level of attendance that makes JAE its the people who are there. Admitedly there will be less and its sad its not in a centra location, but I imagine tryign to find the right venue for the right price on what is essentially 6 months notice is very hard.

Summer months mean the showgrounds are heavily booked out.

I am just presentign one view, which is mine, and that is that I'd rather have JAE this year in a venue further away for a longer period of time (four days) then to have no JAE at all. The organisers have done what they needed to do - protect the show.

Maybe next year we may be back somewhere more central or even further away from us Southern people.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Lauren wrote:

You lot are drama queens. :-:

Yep agree with Lauren, that looks fun :mrgreen: :shock:
Even if we do get caught one side im sure we can all natter until the tide goes back out, besides ive heard Malc walks on water anyway so he can give us all a piggy back :lol: :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Return to “Events Discussion”