[Mk2] [Turbo] phew!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

zebidi

[Mk2] [Turbo] phew!

Post by zebidi »

phew! dont need all the head work afterall, the timing was off and when it went back to idling it was fine and no tapping.

so i think i need new ignition components, any idea why the ignition timing would stick?

its supposed to idle at 10-14 but it was stuck at 40 and jumps back down to 10 but takes a bit longer than it used to, maybe its just been sat for too long.
dawolf

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] phew!

Post by dawolf »

Is it me or does this post hardly make any sense at all? Please could you explain it properly then maybe we can help. Cheers :thumleft: .
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

dawolf wrote:Is it me or does this post hardly make any sense at all? Please could you explain it properly then maybe we can help. Cheers :thumleft: .

agree, im a bit lost too :-k
zebidi

Post by zebidi »

lol realy sorry guys,

ok, i start the car and the ignition timing on the power fc reads 40 and there is lots of tapping from the engine.

i let it idle for a few minutes and the timing drops back down to 10 and the tapping disappears.

what component would i have to replace to stop this from occurring
daveparf

Post by daveparf »

throttle position sensor?
mine was a bit erratic on idle, jumping from 9 btdc up to 15 then back down, i tryed turning the throttle position sensor about 1 degree anticlock wise and all was fine.
BUT DONT DO THIS UNLESS ONE OF THE GURUS CONFIRM IT AS IM JUST A BUILDER [-X
zebidi

Post by zebidi »

throttle position sensor, i'll go check as i have the AVCR it tells you how many % its at, maybe that will tell me something :D

Return to “Mechanical”