MR2 Vs MR2?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Had a play with another MR2 or Other car on the road

Poll ended at Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:30 pm

Other
100%

Total votes: 3

Mark Edwards

Re: MR2 Vs MR2?

Post by Mark Edwards »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:
best MR2 Versus has to be us lot leaving the witham RR day to go to the halfway house meet, lots of MR2 turbo's playing taking it turns overtaking each other + a veilside supra ;)
even more funny was they were all following me there in my MK1! :lol:

That was a good day wasn't it. The only reason we were following you though chris was we couldn't see past the smog you were producing. :lol: :lol:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Gazboy

Post by Gazboy »

I've had a go against only two others, the first was on a D/C, the car was a uk car (rev2), and toasted him, the other was a black M reg turbo targa, on another D/C, and suprisingly was a bit quicker to 1.45 leptons...

On track (bruntingthorpe) i've had a go against a few cars (964 shape 911turbo, Griff 500, Chimaera 4.0, TVR SEAC 4.2, 2.5 Noble, Fez 456GT, M3 e46, M3CSL, M5, 360M, 360S, 550M, and gave up against a 575M after 3 seconds because he cut me up and pelted me with stones).

I usually held my own to 80-90, then got slaughtered. (except for the TVR's which were of similar pace).
craig

Post by craig »

Sweet Mark! What else ya done to the '2 since last time at the pod? :twisted:
waelwulfas

Post by waelwulfas »

My humble FE auto likes to wind up local GT's, whilst it won't get past them they don't shake it off (won't even bother with tubbies!) lower weight and longer gear ranges seem to help, I only use 3 gears to 110mph so I suspect the manual FE is harder work.[/code]
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Not a lot Really Craig, just know i can do better with more runs. I only had 3 runs last time coz of the crowds and i bogged down all 3 times off the line, so i know for sure i can knock at least 2 10th's off of my time to start with. 12.5's would be nice but 12.6's should be acheivable without too much probs.

Fingers crossed for feb.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Rhys-

Post by Rhys- »

Sounds good Chris, let me know when the RR is on and I shall be there, I want to see if/what difference the re-circ valve has made on my car.

And yeah you lost me on the twisty's on the way to the RR, but in my defence I didn't know the roads! :wink: Was fun taking a hill on a bend at nearly 100mph though, brown trousers time or what!

Return to “Driving Experiences”