in-line filter/jet on air/vaccum snesor hose? how important?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

greeny

Post by greeny »

Just rebuilding my rev 1 tubbie, and sods law i couldn't get through it without breaking summuts! theres an in-line filter/jet that sits in a small hose which comes from a pipe from the inlet manifold(not the cambelt side) then to a small hard metal pipe(near the engine hanger) then a small piece piece of rubber of hose then the filter, then to the charcoal cannister i think? can anyone tell me how important this is? (if u can understand any of this) is it just a filter or it a jet as the ends seem squashed? and where could i get one from? any help appreciated again lads, thanks Michael
cantfindausername

Re: in-line filter/jet on air/vaccum snesor hose? how important?

Post by cantfindausername »

picture could help with that awesome description :lol: I got lost somoewhere after the metal pipe on the left after the right turn.

If its what I am thinking of, I think its just a oneway valve, not sure on the importance of it though.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Sorry mate no camera, im useless with computers, its a yellowish disc(which houses the filter) with two tubes off each side which sit inside the hoses. tried blowing through it both ways and it lets me, it just seems like a filter, but whats worrying me is the bits that sit inside the hoses were squashed, which makes me think there squashed to give a specified pressure/resistance? anyone got any clue wat im on about? ](*,)
greeny

Post by greeny »

Can anyone help? :?:
James_Ward

Post by James_Ward »

It's probably the one-way valve for the carbon cannister, stops stuff getting blown from the manifold back into the carbon cannister - if oil mist goes in it will contaminate the charcoal.

If the valve is broken, if it's a turbo it might mean it will leak your boost pressure out through the cannister. I suppose the actual worst thing that could happen is that it pressurises your cannister so mutch it bursts spreading lovely petrol soaked carbon about your pride and joy. IMO - get a new valve :D

HTH

Jim
Jim :)
greeny

Post by greeny »

thats scaring me then! don't suppose anyone got a digi camera to post a photo have they? just so i can make sure its the right valve/filter? thanks Michael
greeny

Post by greeny »

UPDATE,
Got the engine all in and running, :) (never thought id get there!!!) the in-line filter doesn't go to the charcoal cannister :oops: :oops: , it goes to the blow off valve, anyone know y its there and how important it is? and where i can get one from?
Thanks Michael.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Anyone? :?: :?: :?:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Just a filter, buy one from toyota or Apexi do them as they go in the pressure feed to there pressure sensor

Return to “Modifications”