Post by thai boxer »

KrisMoyse wrote:Gears Of War...on PC

What he said. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Negativvv

Re: Its here.......

Post by Negativvv »

I cant browse that at work either

But GoW PC seems to be especially converted for it. It isnt a lazy port like some games.

Besides it runs in a higher resolution (if you have a good PC :oldtongue: ) and has some additional content not seen in Xbox360 :oldtongue:

Will have to watch it later and see what theyve got to say tho!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

is there a demo out or anything?

would mind seeing what it looks like running on my PC.

aiming should be 10x easier with a mouse too.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

SamUK wrote:

aiming should be 10x easier with a mouse too.

Nope! Never liked the mouse/keyboard set up. Works for some games, not for others. Gears is one of them.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Works fine for Gears :whistle:

Besides you probably havent played GoW PC and i havent played 360 :oldtongue:

Still, one of the better games out there whatever control method you choose to shoot things with :hug:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Negativvv wrote:
Still, one of the better games out there whatever control method you choose to shoot things with :hug:

F**k yeah! :twisted:
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Parts of the 1p are pretty tough! :shock: And im only playing it on Meduim difficulty!!

My prefered guns are the sniper rifle, the lancer and the magnum pistol :twisted:
Altho i might swap the lancer for the Loctus rifle as altho the Lancer chainsaw is pretty, id rather be in control for my melee strikes! :eye:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

"This game is worse than anything ever" H3RB on many occasions.

I beg to differ - great fun :thumleft:

Any one with a PC should buy it.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

thai boxer wrote:Nope! Never liked the mouse/keyboard set up. Works for some games, not for others.

:shock:

The mouse/keyboard vs joypad on a FPS is a current argument in work, I myself prefer the m/k way but i can play them on a joypad but just find them "fiddlier"

The "console generation" have spent more time playing this way and are used to it more where i have played more hours playing FPS games on home computers. I like the accuracy/speed and simplicity of aiming with a mouse but the younger folk in work say joypads require more skill and for that reason i am old and lazy and shouldn't be playing games anymore :lol:

The only other reason i will not play some FPS on consoles is when you can't configure the button layout to the way you want, Very lazy not to include button configs in games nowadays [-X

I HAVE to play with run/turn on the left ananlogue and look/strafe on the right analogue or it doesn't get played
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

This mouse struggles to click on submit so sod playing fast paced shooters with it.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Andy Jones wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Nope! Never liked the mouse/keyboard set up. Works for some games, not for others.

:shock:

The mouse/keyboard vs joypad on a FPS is a current argument in work, I myself prefer the m/k way but i can play them on a joypad but just find them "fiddlier"

The "console generation" have spent more time playing this way and are used to it more where i have played more hours playing FPS games on home computers. I like the accuracy/speed and simplicity of aiming with a mouse but the younger folk in work say joypads require more skill and for that reason i am old and lazy and shouldn't be playing games anymore :lol:

The only other reason i will not play some FPS on consoles is when you can't configure the button layout to the way you want, Very lazy not to include button configs in games nowadays [-X

I HAVE to play with run/turn on the left ananlogue and look/strafe on the right analogue or it doesn't get played

console generation!? Im a die hard mouse and kb user but im not even old :oldtongue: But ive realised ive played fps on the PC since the age of about 15 and im 25 now... :silent:

If you ask me, joypads need unnessesary skill for something that would be easy on a mouse and keyboard :twisted:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

to be honest i play a bit of both and i dont even think about it when i swap.

both suit me fine. i guess since everyone on a console plays with a pad then you dont notice any difference cos everyones the same.

if i was picking which format to play a game on it would always be 360 for the sheer comfort of things.

yea ive got my PC hooked up to my HDTV but consoles are hassle free (for the most part) and sitting back with a pad is loads easier than a kb + mouse.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

PC's are too expensive and too fiddly.
My CRAP (as in basic) Dell PC cost £400 and probably wouldnt even play any decent games.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

matt_mr2t wrote:PC's are too expensive and too fiddly.
My CRAP (as in basic) Dell PC cost £400 and probably wouldnt even play any decent games.

I gotta object to that one!!

I paid £550 for a PC thats not quite top spec but will run the latest game in a higher resolution and detail than the current consoles! The price included, cpu, motherboard, ram, gfx card and a psu to run it all. Already had hardrives, case, dvd drives etc.

Mind you i build my own and have been doing so for years.

Oh and PC games tend to be cheaper than console ones, swings and roundabouts :wink:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

For mr Average Joe who cant build their own it's hard work though.
I just want something that comes in a box, ready built, reasonable price and every game thats made for it works on it without fart arsing around.

I wanna turn it on, play a game turn it off and not have to think about whats inside, what spec it is, what software I need, do I need to update it, is some one trying to hack into my back accounts etc.

I use my home PC for the net and thats it, nothing else.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Totally, i agree! Consoles are far better for people who just want plug and play! Id actually use the analogy of take a car to a garage vs servicing it urself, you get a bit more involvement out the latter. If it floats ur boat that is :eye:

Running and maintaining a PC properly and for a decent price is quite indepth. Altho you should worry about PC security aslong as your connected to the internet! Esp things like shopping and your bank acc.

Aslong as you have a decent firewall, virus scanner (i use a spyware scanner also that trawls up all the nasty cookies on a webrowser too just for good measure.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I gave up with anit virus and stuff, people speak to me in a strange language and just assume I speak it.

So I dont do any shopping or banking at home any more.

Return to “Games Consoles”