Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

why do i always do this?

Post by mikee66 »

Ok i have a ps3 and a 360 elite.

I bought a 360 to play pgr3, played it then sold it
bought another to play gow, played it then sold it
bought another for forza 2, played it then sold it
bought another for bioshock! played it and haven't touched it in nearly 2 months!

I always tell myself i'm keeping it! I play my ps3 almost daily so why am i letting my 360 waste away :(
H3RB

Re: why do i always do this?

Post by H3RB »

thats one problem with ms... almost every game they release is THE "killer app" a must buy because its gonna be the best game ur ever gonna play and then you play it.... and go " well that was poo... all that hype for nothing"
sony say oh btw we're this game, then its released and they just say "tell us if you like it"

ps3>360 for me only reason i play my 360 a little more then my ps3 is because none of my friends have ps3s :(
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

none of the games he has listed have been crap and none of MS killer apps this year have failed so i dont kno how you figured that one out.

PS3 hasnt had any killer apps yet as there all scheduled for next year. thats why you havent heard them say anything.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

SamUK wrote:none of the games he has listed have been crap and none of MS killer apps this year have failed so i dont kno how you figured that one out.

PS3 hasnt had any killer apps yet as there all scheduled for next year. thats why you havent heard them say anything.

Agreed.

H3RB mate you really do talk some rubbish! :lol: :clown:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

nope.... bioshock was boring... gears of war is boring and forza 2 seemed like a step down from forza one.
nobody i no likes any of the above games and nobody on my full friends list are ever playing them.
the ps3 has great games announced, killzone 2, little big planet, metal gear 4, drakes uncharted fortune yet you hardley hear about any of those games sure theres little articles every now and again but not on the scale of ms's marketing.
assasins creed was one of the most anticipated titles and ign rated it one of the top 5 most dissapointing games of 2007, mass effect was just released and thats now also one of the most dissapointing over hyped games.
microsoft like to think they're the best and some people get brought into the tat the make/release
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:nope.... bioshock was boring... gears of war is boring and forza 2 seemed like a step down from forza one.

See!! My point proven again!

Bioshock is a fantastic game and damn original...FAR from boring..EVERYONE I know whos played it (bar you) has loved it. Including all the mags and reviewers.

Gears in still one of the most played games online over a year after its released. Enough said.

Not into Forza, but most people say its an improvement over the 1st.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

SamUK

Post by SamUK »

nobody plays bioshock or gears anymore because other good games come out and people move on.

nowhere has it been said that they have been dissapointing. thats jus your own twisted little view :shock:

as for marketing campaigns, alls that means is MS have spent more here in the UK than sony have at the moment.

it doesnt mean they overhype anything.

truth is like i said before. sony doesnt have much to advertise till next year anyway and your telling me GT doesnt overhype itself?
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Sorry but if you buy a console "just" to play 1 game then your kidding yourself lad. Nothing wrong with the console, you just have to realise that no game is good enough to justify such a purchase, regardless of platform! [-X

This isnt a PS3 / 360 argument. I suspect this will be the case with GT5 or whatever its called is released. Certainly not worth buying a PS3 over.

I think the problem here is people are missing the point of a games console, its there for entertainment. People seem to get so hyped up about a game its unreal and then get upset when it dosnt fit with their vision of gaming nirvana.

Stop being ghey and just xxxxxx play! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Bender Unit on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:

Stop being ghey and just 'kin play! :mrgreen:

:lol: :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Hell yeah!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:nope.... bioshock was boring... gears of war is boring and forza 2 seemed like a step down from forza one.

Bioshock is a fantastic game and damn original...FAR from boring..EVERYONE I know whos played it (bar you) has loved it. Including all the mags and reviewers.

Gears in still one of the most played games online over a year after its released. Enough said.

Not into Forza, but most people say its an improvement over the 1st.

ghost recon is 1 of xbox's most played online game ever and compared to halo/gears it had no hype, just goes to prove its the game play that counts to me gears game play is dire you run into an area press against a wall shoot then move on its like that ALL the way through the game (yes i did it on the hardest dificulty)
its just so repetative its untrue so that too me is very poor game play
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Bender Unit wrote:Sorry but if you buy a console "just" to play 1 game then your kidding yourself lad. Nothing wrong with the console, you just have to realise that no game is good enough to justify such a purchase, regardless of platform! [-X

This isnt a PS3 / 360 argument. I suspect this will be the case with GT5 or whatever its called is released. Certainly not worth buying a PS3 over.

I think the problem here is people are missing the point of a games console, its there for entertainment. People seem to get so hyped up about a game its unreal and then get upset when it dosnt fit with their vision of gaming nirvana.

Stop being ghey and just 'kin play! :mrgreen:

you are clearly missing the point. I did say in the post that i play my ps3 almost daily and use it to stream movies from my pc etc. So the question is why don't i use my 360?
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

thai boxer wrote:

I actually didnt like Bioshock that much, it was good but not stunning. Had a great storyline but i found the gameplay a bit lacking. I ended up equipping loads of Wrench Melee Tonics with the Armour ones and went around bashing everything over the head except Big Daddys. I lost less hp and saved a truck load of bullets for the diving suited ones and the final boss :?

Altho right now i wish i wasnt at work and instead killing things in GoW :rambo:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I only play a game to completion once. Doesnt mean I didnt enjoy that game imensely.

I loved FEAR, Prey, Condemned, GOW, COD 4, Darkness. Havent played once since I finished but I still loved them.

H3RB, you are entitled to your opinion but you really really really are on your own with it 99.9999% of the time buddy #-o

I'm in the middle of Bioshock now and it's bloody imense, loving it.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB, you are entitled to your opinion but you really really really are on your own with it 99.9999% of the time buddy #-o

I'm in the middle of Bioshock now and it's bloody imense, loving it.

Yep!! :lol: :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”