Issues with Assasins Creed on the PS3 freezing.

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Issues with Assasins Creed on the PS3 freezing.

Post by SamUK »

GamerNode.com wrote:Recent posts over on the Ubisoft forums have gamers all fired up over reported freezing issues with the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed.

Some gamers are indicating that the bug is occurring with the new 2.00 firmware release while others have reported that their AC game froze up with firmware version 1.94.

One forum member, harvard114, expressed his anger over the problem by saying:

"This is just uncalled for-

When games are selling at 60 dollars (or more) - I want a finished product. Now, I understand that AC just shipped, but all I'm asking for is a response from Ubi that the problems us PS3 users are having, will be fixed.

Judging from this topic, they're totally ambivalent to what's going on - or just ignoring the problem. All I want is a guarantee that what's going on will be fixed, and I'll be happy."

Neurotoxin was even more blunt, "Upon looking at the 360 version i`m actually ashamed and embarrassed (sic) for your team, the hardware isn`t lacking on the PS3, You could, and should have addressed ALL of the problems, that you knew existed BEFORE you released this game...

"You could have made this game a classic, The potential is right there when you play it, Its completely dwarfed though by the complete lack of customer satisfaction in relation to the Awful Screen Tearing and Iffy framerates, bugs, freezes... glitches.... its a waste.... and i`ve wasted my money on your game."

Ubisoft responded in the forums by saying, "***update*** we are officially looking into this and hope to have it resolved shortly."

The issues of releasing unfinished or buggy software on PCs have always been common because some game companies feel that a patch can always be released later...to the consternation of gamers.

Console gamers, until now, have been relatively safe and secure with the knowledge that released games were as perfect as they could be. However, with game machines now having hard disk drives and online capability, it would seem that the "curse of the patch" is now upon the game console world as well.

Welcome to the 21st century, console gaming fans...

id expect better from Ubi.

hope that last bits not true aswell!
ENSMR2

Re: Issues with Assasins Creed on the PS3 freezing.

Post by ENSMR2 »

Seems the way it's going.

Look what Konami did with PES2008! Online is terrible apparently. There is some slow down in single play too (mine isn't too bad though).

Console gamers are not used to this, so they will kick up a big stink.

Personally I'll hold off getting AC now. Shame as it looks like it has big potential.

Looks like it's COD4 only for me tomorrow. Oh well, Haze is out soon, as is GTA :)
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Bought Assassins Creed for the PS 3 over the weekend (unaware of the freezing issues :oops: )

However i am happy to report 4 hrs into the game and upto now no freezing :thumleft:

Really good game also btw... 8)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

it freezes the same on the 360 also, there are a fair few bugs in it too eg. i jumped from a roof to a wall and grabbed the window ledge, for some reason it made me go through the walla and grab the ledge on the inside of the building leaving me no way to get out so i had to fall through the invisible floor to a watery grave...
on 1 mission i was being chased by some guards so i jumped into a hay bail once my marker said it was clear to get out i tried to get out but altiar decided he just wanted to lie there so i had to restart the entier mission :evil:
just walking around the town some women was sitting on a bench bouncing up and down fast as hell.
my brothers version kept crashing on the loading screens and my friends version randomly froze during game play and crashed 2 or 3 times an hour.

all of the above were on the 360 version
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

ENSMR2 wrote:Seems the way it's going.

:thumleft:

WE are the playtesters now, Throw out an unfinished product to meet a deadline and update later on if there's enough complaints [-X ..... unless your EA :roll:
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(

Return to “Games Consoles”