ps3 getting online help

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

black2

ps3 getting online help

Post by black2 »

i need some help getting online with the ps3, i have not got internet at home so first i went round my mates and used his connection and was fine, updated the system and was fine.
tryed it again on wed round another mates house and it found the wireless connection but it would not connect to it! :evil: it kept on saying "check security of lan network" or something of that nature.

i tryed setting up a new profile on it no joy.

anyone out there shine any light my way would be good :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
rev1 tubo being broken for bits......get while the cookies are hott

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100222
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: ps3 getting online help

Post by Lauren »

Ahh i've had this problem when i took the PS3 round the sailors ship/house. It connected fine on his wireless connection, but when i got home it wouldn't log on on my LAN/ethernet connection.

What you need to do is go into the settings menu and select 'Network settings'. Then its just a matter of selecting LAN over Wireless if i remember correctly. Normal service should be resumed after that.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Is it not to do with the wireless router your trying to connect to?
My home one has a code on the actual router I had to key into my PC so it would connect to it.

It's to stop people high jacking others wireless internet.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:Is it not to do with the wireless router your trying to connect to?
My home one has a code on the actual router I had to key into my PC so it would connect to it.

It's to stop people high jacking others wireless internet.

When i was round the sailors, because we were using his wireless we had to put in a password, but that comes up on the screen prompts on the PS3.
black2

Post by black2 »

yeah we got the password right on it, we know this because he disconnected the laptop and connected again. so the password was right.

so insted of going wireless pick the eithernet? surly if the laptop is connected the ps shuuld connect? could they both have the same ip address????
rev1 tubo being broken for bits......get while the cookies are hott

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100222
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

black2 wrote:yeah we got the password right on it, we know this because he disconnected the laptop and connected again. so the password was right.

so insted of going wireless pick the eithernet? surly if the laptop is connected the ps shuuld connect? could they both have the same ip address????

It should work on the wireless connection fine. I must admit i use ethernet only because the cable was there from my old PS2.

Return to “Games Consoles”