New Games Out (Coming Out)

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: New Games Out (Coming Out)

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:It was the hysteria surrounding the games that put me off.

People queuing in Asda at midnight to get it and booking days off work.
Then plaguing internet forums like IMOC with thread after thread after thread talking about it.

TBh, I dont want to be associated with that.

Thats a bit daft though isn't it?

I loved GTA, such a brilliant game. Played it for months. :+:

The reason why people were so excited about it is because it was simply brilliant.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

I liked all the GTAs too, finished 3, Vice City and San Andreas!

VC=Was all about cruising around to Billie Jean 8)

SA=Another level all together, was pretty dammn complex and id like to see the next GTA beat it! Unfortunately extended play gave me a taste for its gangsta rap soundtrack :roll:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Negativvv wrote:
SA=Another level all together, was pretty dammn complex and id like to see the next GTA beat it! Unfortunately extended play gave me a taste for its gangsta rap soundtrack :roll:

You must have been listening to the wrong radio station then. :tongue:

We always used to sing to 'all my ex's live in texas'..

I loved the radio station with fools gold on it. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Oh dont worry, i listend to alot of "KAY-ROSE" too :oldtongue:
I quite liked Crazy and that Dear John! one too hehe

Fools Gold station, you mean Radio X :twisted: Was my fav too but the sheer amount i played it meant i had to cycle some other stations, hence the accidental liking of gangsta rap, i just left it on and suddenly i found myself trying to rap along with it :?

All those radio stations really enriched the game! :D
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Negativvv wrote:VC=Was all about cruising around to Billie Jean 8)

VC had the best soundtrack for me

Negativvv wrote:All those radio stations really enriched the game!

It would be nice if the PS3 version of GTAIV had a larger music catalogue on the stations due to the bluray storage capabilties
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Yeah the GTA games are brilliant! Matty mate you're missing out due to a really stooopid reason!

Just get the cheap Xbox versions and play em on your 360! Job done! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Lauren wrote:The reason why people were so excited about it is because it was simply brilliant.

:thumleft:

If the 360 version of GTAIV hadn't been held back because of the PS3 problems (bluray not fast enought? :-k) that was the one game that would have sold the machine and i would now have a 360 sat under my TV.

The reason they're so damn good IMO is they used the new generation hardware to take a completely new direction with the series (creating a whole new genre in the process and changing the future of gaming just like Doom did in the 90's) instead of the usual update the game engine, improve the a.i, better graphics, new tracks/courses etc, etc, etc. I can't think of another game that started life on the PS1 and made such a huge leap forward when it made a reappearance on the PS2. Many have copied it now but so far it hasn't been beaten.

Even the very long awaited Driv3r followed suite and it was pap compaired to the original PS1 games.

I'm playing Killzone at the moment to try and get into FPS a bit more and it's very impressive but i'm already getting slightly bored of repeating the same thing over and over when i die near the end of a level, You restart take exactly the same path on a fixed route and all the enemies pop up in the same places *yawn* GTA's complete freedom of movement and avalability of many forms of transport at your disposal makes sure it never gets repetative even when you die in a mission and have to start over, If you need to get from one side of the map to the other you can go via plane and do it in a minute or so or you can do it in 10-15 minutes using a BMX and you will probably take a route you've never been before and might spot hidden weapons/secrets along the way :thumleft:

For me GTA 3,VC & SA are firmly in the PS2's top 10 games. Would have to have a good think about the others but ICO would be in there and possibly Dropship and the original Jak & Daxter.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

If the latest GTA follows the previous GTA's and significantly builds on whats gone before it will be mind blowing. I dont rush out and buy games, but a new GTA game usually see's me in the shop the days its released.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I didnt say I wasnt going to buy it. Just said I was in two minds.

I got so so so sick of hearing about GTA from every one though. I had brokers coming to see me at work and asking if I had it yet. I didnt even know these people. It drove me bloody nuts. ALL my mates spent all their time either playing it or going on about it. I saw a bit, it was alright but nothing to get in such a frenzy about.

Thats just not the life for me.

I may wait for the intial hysteria to dumb down and then pick a cheap copy up on ebay when the aftermath clears.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

matt_mr2t wrote:I got so so so sick of hearing about GTA from every one though

And look what you've done on here now :mrgreen: seriously though as Thai said, Pick up an older version for a couple of quid off ebay and see what you think, I think you'll find it hard not to get drawn into it.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Can i play old Xbox games on the 360 - all this talk has got me wanting to play San Andreas again - never did finish it!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i remember the first time i ever played gta 3 (the first 3d 1)
my brother was really annoyed because i traded in one of our fave games to get it.
"i dont want gta the first one was crap"
"you wont get me to play it cause it looks boring"

but i made him take the first go, if u can remember the start your in a crash while being transported in the police van and you gotta get 8-ball to the hide out.
the first cut scene ends and my brother runs to a car rips out the drive and jumps in, hes getting chased chased by loads of police cars, he slides his car round a corner and rolls it the car sets on fire and he scrambled out beats up a cop infront of him and the car explodes setting of a chain reaction of exploding cars. his jaw just dropped and he said "woooooooow this game is amazing :shock: "
since then he's brought ever gta game to date. they just keep getting better and better!
there u go matt a game i do like even if it is surrounded by a ton of hype \:D/
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bender Unit wrote:Can i play old Xbox games on the 360 - all this talk has got me wanting to play San Andreas again - never did finish it!

Yeah of course mate! :thumleft: Check online for the huge list of backwards compatable Xbox games. 8) :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

Return to “Games Consoles”