golf GTI

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

spit051261

golf GTI

Post by spit051261 »

Hi all,
I used to own one of these and knew they were pants(speed wise anyway) and that's why I got rid of it and got my tubby 2.
Anyway....guy with his bird in a GTI.....at the lights and there is roadworks about 300 meters in front on his side.They were both looking over...I was on my way to work and not really in the mood,but,I thought what's better than showing his GF what a slow car she is in.
Lights go amber and he is off....I f**ked up the start and he is about 3 car lengths in front....nevermind,change to 2nd......foot full down and I passed him as if he was stood still....honestly.
I know it was Not a fair race but he did really deserve it.
The tubby is so fast.....wow!
Paul
Negativvv

Re: golf GTI

Post by Negativvv »

No Golf GTi is "that" quick, even the new one doesnt look inspiring, about 200bhp but modern hatches are a bit on the heavy side :?

Would still love a mk5 Golf tho but way too expensive for what it is, £20k and not even into the options list =;
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

i used to have a mk1 1800cc GTi - got really upset when i found a rav4 pulling away from me !

(it was still a great car though ! i liked it)
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

Everyone goes boobs about them up here,

Oh gotta be Dubbin Yo!

Or the origional Gti, its da bomb Yo!

Nah they are an insult to the Gti name. Its disgusting.

Nick
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

I took on a mk4 GTI the other day on a dual carriageway, beat it fairly comfortably.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

shibby! wrote:Everyone goes boobs about them up here,

Oh gotta be Dubbin Yo!

Nick

The Golf GTi is the original GTi so how can it be an insult to it's own name lol.

Or do you mean Mk4's and 5's are an insult to originals?

As for the race, hopefully he was a jockey who needed showing up. For all you know he might have been saying to his mrs "Check this 2 out, they're seriously fast" lol
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

matt_mr2t wrote:
shibby! wrote:Everyone goes boobs about them up here,

Oh gotta be Dubbin Yo!

Nick

The Golf GTi is the original GTi so how can it be an insult to it's own name lol.

Or do you mean Mk4's and 5's are an insult to originals?

As for the race, hopefully he was a jockey who needed showing up. For all you know he might have been saying to his mrs "Check this 2 out, they're seriously fast" lol

Everything since the Mk1 has been an insult to the Gti name. LOL :)

The Mk2 was actually quite quick though.

It was the origionally have the Gti name, but not the origional Gti car, those honors go to Vauxhaull and a Lotus Talbot.

nick
eatdrinkfeck

Post by eatdrinkfeck »

my sisters got a mk4 gti and well basically its pants, god only knows what vw where thinking when they gave it 115bhp.

although on the other hand im a big fan of the new mk5's...
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

mate has just sold hes r32 {new shape} had aftermarket cams and full exhaust with the padel shift and a box to split the diff from 4wd to rwd ect was loverly car went nice but at nearly 2ton u need alot of power to make it go, hes was around 310bhp i think but would be nothing on a 300bhp rev3 tubby
Azz

Post by Azz »

Everything since the Mk1 has been an insult to the Gti name. LOL :D

Wow there buddy, I had the MKII Golf GTi 16v KR, That was the best Golf GTi ever made, absolute cracking car, best mix of handling, power & weight, I would have more confidence putting that into a corner than my Rex, shame i didn't take a pic of it...

It looked exactly like this except in Midnight Blue
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Azz wrote:

Wow there buddy, I had the MKII Golf GTi 16v KR, That was the best Golf GTi ever made, absolute cracking car, best mix of handling, power & weight, I would have more confidence putting that into a corner than my Rex, shame i didn't take a pic of it...

in the older days i luved the 16v golf....my wee uno turbo used to pick them off and i remember how chuffed i felt.... :-k ...because in there day they were to be respected as a hot hatch...

still like them now....

the funny thing is that if that golf had 300 or 400 bhp under its bonnet would you have been gutted or inspired.... :-k
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

mrtee wrote:
Azz wrote:

in the older days i luved the 16v golf....my wee uno turbo used to pick them off and i remember how chuffed i felt.... :-k ...because in there day they were to be respected as a hot hatch...

still like them now....

the funny thing is that if that golf had 300 or 400 bhp under its bonnet would you have been gutted or inspired.... :-k

the above is referring to the thread title and spit....just adding to avoid confusion... :thumleft:

Return to “Driving Experiences”