Aerial won't go down!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dawolf

Aerial won't go down!

Post by dawolf »

Hey all. Had a problem with my radio aerial for a few months and I want to sort it now. Basically it's constantly stuck up and won't come down. You can hear it whirring away when the radio is turned on/off but the aerial doesn't move. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Alistair

Re: Aerial won't go down!

Post by Alistair »

Its knackered. Buy new one.
pete h

Post by pete h »

dawolf wrote:Hey all. Had a problem with my radio aerial for a few months and I want to sort it now. Basically it's constantly stuck up and won't come down. You can hear it whirring away when the radio is turned on/off but the aerial doesn't move. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

i had the same problem, as long as you can still hear the motor turning it should only be the mast cable thingy that has snapped. cost me about £30 for a new mast, thats on a rev3, think there a little more expensive on a rev1 and rev2. sorry didnt have a look what rev you were driving before i started writing... :oops:

hope that helps :D
jasona

Post by jasona »

this happens to mine too but if I jump out of the car fast enough and give it a slight tap on top it goes down all by itself :)
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

jasona wrote:this happens to mine too but if I jump out of the car fast enough and give it a slight tap on top it goes down all by itself :)

Well then add some grease and you won't have to anymore :lol:

:roll:

Actually, maybe your aerial motor is on its way out?

:wink:

Aerial

Post by 0001 »

I had the same problem, just took mine apart a week ago, the mast was broken into about 5 parts. but you can get the mast seperatly from toyota. Iain.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

My aerial has been down for a year, hope it doesnt come up either
smack :P
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Return to “Mechanical”