DAM U boy racers!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

race or not to race?:

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

dragoonlordz

DAM U boy racers!

Post by dragoonlordz »

lol i'm tired of people up my butt... ... ... on the road :lol:
im a chicken so i dont want to floor it in my beloved mr2, tonight same as normal come off roundabout and straight away i see in my mirror a chav up my ar$e like couple of feet away from my bumper so i try to put some distance between us by going up too 70 on a 50 road thinking only a dildo would stay on my ass at that speed, me not being insane i didnt push it any further cuase it wasnt duel carraigeway or motorway and my brake discs need replacing and rear pads too lol plus i didnt want to end up in a ditch... but looked in mirror still chav was few feet from my bumper! so i gave up trying to put a lil distance between me and the chav-mobile and figured if the guy crashes into me its best he does it at slow speeds so i slowed down to about 45 and ignored them hoping they wouldnt smack into back of me on way home.
i hate chavs.... the idiot was so close to my car that i couldnt even see the emblem or even grill on the chaviemobile to make out what kind of car it was :pale:
every single dam day some idiot is flashing their lights and/or practically rear ending me on the drive home. :cry:
was i right to slow down or should i have raced the punk?
monkeymax

Re: DAM U boy racers!

Post by monkeymax »

Definitely right to slow down. You're not alone at hating this kind of driving, but as you said, you're putting yourself at even greater risk if you sped up - accident at higher speed isn't good! Not to mention risk of speeding fine etc etc. All for nothing (as in - he probably wouldn't have learnt any lesson from it...).
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Its actually worse in non-cooking cars ive found :roll:
I get more tailgaters in the diesel Fiesta i knock around in!!
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Speaking of chavs, had one in a Seicento Sporting with a blowing exhaust trying to race me tonight :lol: Didn't even bother wasting the petrol!

Just waved at him as he went past, why do they even bother? I have more power lost in my transmission than he has to start with!
michael

Post by michael »

Is your shift key broken?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

dragoonlordz wrote:
was i right to slow down or should i have raced the punk?

If anyone comes close to me like that, i simply indicate to pull over and slow right down to let them past.

Totally not worth it.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
ryan

Post by ryan »

That is V annoying, though these days I indicate and let them past of put my foot down for a second and leave them to inhale a big black cloud of diesel smoke. Let me guess, was it the road between abertillery and brynmawr? I used to get very little of this when I had my red MR2, except for the odd nobend in a clapped out scooby. #-o
steve b

Post by steve b »

Negativvv wrote:Its actually worse in non-cooking cars ive found :roll:

Its because overtaking has some how become a crime in the last couple of years, in the past they would have just booted it past you without a 2nd thought, not they sit behind tailgating. Whichever car i'm in on my B road commute I usually overtake 2 or 3 cars, every other as i'm going past will flash lights and wave fists. People now expect to tailgate and get wound up, they believe its more of a crime just to overtake.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

steve b wrote:
Negativvv wrote:Its actually worse in non-cooking cars ive found :roll:

Its because overtaking has some how become a crime in the last couple of years, in the past they would have just booted it past you without a 2nd thought, not they sit behind tailgating. Whichever car i'm in on my B road commute I usually overtake 2 or 3 cars, every other as i'm going past will flash lights and wave fists. People now expect to tailgate and get wound up, they believe its more of a crime just to overtake.

I get annoyed when ppl overtake me quite often, not because i dont like it being done to me as i dont have anything to prove (esp not atm in a Diesel Ford). But the fact that the majority of fools out there simply cant over take properly in a safe way! They pull out once right up your @ss then they cut in really early :cry:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Depends what sort of mood I'm in to be honest, sometimes I'll be followed into a set of roundabouts I know by someone and really give it the beans, sometimes I'll just do as Lauren says and indicate and brake - they soon get the idea if you steer to the kurb at the same time they'll pass you and you just pull back out again.

I think an important point is this; if you're not 'in the mood' or you aren't having that ZEN moment then don't be wound up into a race. If you're feeling good and 'on it' as in feeling at one with the vehicle that's when I tend to have a bit of fun, but sometimes I'm thinking about work/bank balance/anything else and just think "not worth it" because I know I'll miss a gear or get on the gas wrong and there's nothing worse.

So basically don't get SUCKED IN to a race, that's my point really.
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

Yeah that's true. Whenever I overtake I get flashed or people stick their fingers up even if I'm not breaking the speed limit. Not that I overtake on single cariageways very often, only when I'm behind a dawdler. Remember that some people love to harass other drivers and purposely drive right up behind. Makes them feel good about themselves and makes them believe they can really keep up with you.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

dawolf wrote:Yeah that's true. Whenever I overtake I get flashed or people stick their fingers up even if I'm not breaking the speed limit. Not that I overtake on single cariageways very often, only when I'm behind a dawdler. Remember that some people love to harass other drivers and purposely drive right up behind. Makes them feel good about themselves and makes them believe they can really keep up with you.

Mark says i don't suffer from road rage, he says i'm just a road terrorist. Yes, if someone is slightly holding me up then i'll be glued to their bumper as a subtle hint for them to know that i am going to overtake asap. If they feel intimidated and pull over, then its a result and i thank them for it of course.

The point is though i don't sit close to another car to feel good about myself, all i want is for them to stop holding me up. Of course I experience the idiots who plant it which is fine, i just let them drive off into the distance. Then as always come the first corner i seem to be sitting right on their ar$e again. I don't like to vary my speed.
dragoonlordz

Post by dragoonlordz »

ryan wrote:That is V annoying, though these days I indicate and let them past of put my foot down for a second and leave them to inhale a big black cloud of diesel smoke. Let me guess, was it the road between abertillery and brynmawr? I used to get very little of this when I had my red MR2, except for the odd nobend in a clapped out scooby. #-o

yep it is that road, its always that road lol
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

Dear god Lauren... read that to yourself(what you put)... and please just have a sit down, a valium maybe, and contemplate for a while.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Azzazzel wrote:Dear god Lauren... read that to yourself(what you put)... and please just have a sit down, a valium maybe, and contemplate for a while.

Well i don't worry about it. If i'm in traffic i just chill. Its the dawdlers that I come across when traffic is light that prove a hinderance.
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

but intimidating people? maybe that dawdler has just passed their test and they dont attend to the front as theyre too busy looking behind.... resulting in an accident? granted technical responsibility may lie with them but ethically speaking the person driving too close behind them would have contributed substantially.

theres no real reason to drive really close to someone unless its to intimidate... it may even leave you vulnerable to injury, penalties etc

there have been times I've been very tempted to stick the anchors on really hard in the 2 series when people have done this to me. That towball on the back would make a savage mess of anything going into it.... somehow I reckon I'd be getting the giggle out of that one.
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Driving too close behind someone is aggressive driving in my books too :( It makes it down right dangerous for all involved! Say if the person infront gets startled by something or is just feeling psycho and just slams on the brakes? Your sh@fted then!

The person infront could be elderly or just not very good at driving? I just chill out or overtake with plenty of space. Altho the ppl who drive at a constant 40 mph through varied speed limits (like 30 in a village, 60 in the country) are somewhat annoying :eye: and it shows they lack observation!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Negativvv wrote:
Altho the ppl who drive at a constant 40 mph through varied speed limits (like 30 in a village, 60 in the country) are somewhat annoying :eye: and it shows they lack observation!

This happens to me almost every time on the road where Chase farm hospital is that leads out to the M25/Potters bar. Sections are a national speed limit road and i'll overtake people on the bits where it's legal to overtake, but then I get people sitting on my ar$e when I enter the 30mph sections and then they dissapear again once I see the national speed limit signs.

Also it's funny watching dawdlers tackling the corners on that road, woo i'm going 30mph in a 50 zone OH CRAP A SLIGHT BEND IN THE ROAD *slows down to 20*
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

Race Idiot wrote:
Negativvv wrote:
Altho the ppl who drive at a constant 40 mph through varied speed limits (like 30 in a village, 60 in the country) are somewhat annoying :eye: and it shows they lack observation!

This happens to me almost every time on the road where Chase farm hospital is that leads out to the M25/Potters bar. Sections are a national speed limit road and i'll overtake people on the bits where it's legal to overtake, but then I get people sitting on my ar$e when I enter the 30mph sections and then they dissapear again once I see the national speed limit signs.

Also it's funny watching dawdlers tackling the corners on that road, woo i'm going 30mph in a 50 zone OH CRAP A SLIGHT BEND IN THE ROAD *slows down to 20*

Ah you'll be local to me, i know that road well :)

Its a bit sad when you see people who brake and slow down for every corner yeah :(
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Negativvv wrote:
Ah you'll be local to me, i know that road well :)

Its a bit sad when you see people who brake and slow down for every corner yeah :(

You don't own a white MKI with a massive green 16V sticker on the side do you? As there is one always parked a bit further down that road nearer the roundabout which leads back to enfield town.

Return to “Driving Experiences”