Tradgic accident...any help would be amazing

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

eatdrinkfeck

Re: Tradgic accident...any help would be amazing

Post by eatdrinkfeck »

..just to add my 2penneth, i've been on the motorway in torrential rain (you couldn't even see the road markings there was so much standing water) and i was probably doing about 30mph -hated every minute of it! To go any faster in extreme conditions is just moronic.
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

eatdrinkfeck wrote:..just to add my 2penneth, i've been on the motorway in torrential rain (you couldn't even see the road markings there was so much standing water) and i was probably doing about 30mph -hated every minute of it! To go any faster in extreme conditions is just moronic.

been there before, not very nice.... :-k
spud_edwards

Post by spud_edwards »

nakamura wrote:

Anything else you wish to say? Or are you gonna carry on being a c$ck for no reason/
Reported to moderators
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

spud_edwards wrote:
nakamura wrote:

Anything else you wish to say? Or are you gonna carry on being a c$ck for no reason/
Reported to moderators

Good man! :thumleft:

Anyway my apologies to everyone else for the language. Those who know me know i never usually do that.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

mrtee wrote:
eatdrinkfeck wrote:..just to add my 2penneth, i've been on the motorway in torrential rain (you couldn't even see the road markings there was so much standing water) and i was probably doing about 30mph -hated every minute of it! To go any faster in extreme conditions is just moronic.

been there before, not very nice.... :-k

Thanks both of you btw. :D
spud_edwards

Post by spud_edwards »

nakamura wrote:

Anyway my apologies to everyone else for the language. Those who know me know i never usually do that.

Are you only rude to people you don't know? How brave :clap:
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

^^^^^ Are you only annoying on threads by picking pathetic arguments on regular premium members like Martin????

This thread is about a tragic car accident resulting in a friend of mine seeing 15 months in prison and a driving ban.......not for you to tell people how they should drive!

I too have been on the motorway and been forced to do 30mph if not less!!

Anyone that went to JAE last year and left on the Friday will know that only seriously low speeds were possible!!

And what are you talking about???? In what worls would you be the only car doing 30mph on a dual carriageway?!?!?!?! If Martin was forced to do 30mph then how is it possible that under such bad conditions that other cars and lorries would be doing 70 up his ar$e??? If the visibility is that bad then its wreckless for a truck driver to be doing 70mph coming up behind any car doing 30mph. Oh not to mention that most trucks are electronically limited to 50 or 60mph :lol:
Martin F

Post by Martin F »

2Crooky wrote:^^^^^ Are you only annoying on threads by picking pathetic arguments on regular premium members like Martin????

This thread is about a tragic car accident resulting in a friend of mine seeing 15 months in prison and a driving ban.......not for you to tell people how they should drive!

I too have been on the motorway and been forced to do 30mph if not less!!

Anyone that went to JAE last year and left on the Friday will know that only seriously low speeds were possible!!

And what are you talking about???? In what worls would you be the only car doing 30mph on a dual carriageway?!?!?!?! If Martin was forced to do 30mph then how is it possible that under such bad conditions that other cars and lorries would be doing 70 up his ar$e??? If the visibility is that bad then its wreckless for a truck driver to be doing 70mph coming up behind any car doing 30mph. Oh not to mention that most trucks are electronically limited to 50 or 60mph :lol:

well said :clap: :clap:
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Let's keep things civil and please no baiting.

Ta very much :thumleft:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Just like to say thanks to Alex there. He realised i wasnt having a go at his friend or saying he was a bad person for what happened. In fact i feel for him so bad, the mistake he made he must live with and it must be crushing for him. I know id struggle to recover from his situation and im a very strong person.

Ill reiterate, yes 15 months may seem harsh, but this mistake cost a life.
Its sad but true. In 15 months or less Alexs friend can start again and rebuild his life. The guy who died cant, so its fair punishment IMO.

Thanks again Alex. Please give your friend my regards and i wish him well with everything. :thumleft:
spud_edwards

Post by spud_edwards »

Read my original post... I have a lot of sympathy for your friend. I didn't look to pick an argument or tell anyone how to drive, merely suggested my opinion, which I don't consider any less valid just because I'm not a premium member.

Oh, I think you'll find most trucks are limited to 56mph. I doubt you'll find many limited to "50 or 60"
Ry_B

Post by Ry_B »

Firstly sorry to hear of your loss :(

secondly "My friend stated from the moment of the crash he was in 3rd gear"

how did he say that if he is no longerwith us? 8-[

sorry to hear it again mate
Ry_B

Post by Ry_B »

Firstly, sorry to hear about your loss, makes you respect the car more :(

Thailand84 wrote:resulting in him losing his life.

My friend stated from the moment of the crash he was in 3rd gear..

But am i the only one that that didnt make sense to?
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

It was the passenger that was killed.

Return to “Driving Experiences”