Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattcambs

MR2C - Snetterton - PICS!!!!!

Post by mattcambs »

Hmmm :-k :D "Stuff it, I'll go round which ever way I want to......."

racing23mr2

Re: MR2C - Snetterton - PICS!!!!!

Post by racing23mr2 »

thanks for posting them, however i can still physically feel the last one [-X :eye: but i did have a fight back and i think the culprit was sorted on other issues anyway.
good pics :clap:
----------------------------------
www.sarahwherryracing.com
System-G

Post by System-G »

racing23mr2 wrote:thanks for posting them, however i can still physically feel the last one [-X :eye: but i did have a fight back and i think the culprit was sorted on other issues anyway.
good pics :clap:

Was gutting to see you get punted out the way :(
I also think you did extremely well not to see the red mist and go storming back in, but choosing to sit tight until the road was clear :clap: True sportsmanship (or should that be sportswomanship???) :clap: 8)

Are you going to be able to get the rear quarter pulled straight or just cut it out and replace it?

My favourite moment was the grey MK1 lossing it through the same complex followed by a white MKII (with pinky-purpley diamond decals) coming to a standstill. The grey MK1 then proceeded to do donuts around it :mrgreen: (not intentional... Honest gov :wink: ) :lol:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

checking out the car today and i will post the out come, but more concerning is now an oil leakage from the rear some where :shock: :pale:

i will be out at Mallory no question though, i was told about the doughnut thing has anyone caught it on cam ??? would love to see it :wink:
Last edited by racing23mr2 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thanks for the pics Matt, I did later thank Sarah for avoiding me facing backwards!
What a day!
My car seemed to pick up several areas of damage yesterday, plenty of green paint also...

:whistle:

Sounds like there were several calls to the clerk of the course regarding numerous incidents. Can anyone elaborate?
I felt sorry for Rich and Karen having worked all hours to repair Mallorys damage only to receive a needless punt off the start line...

:evil:
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

well 8-[ so far.......

this is what we got as a result of the racing incidents :(

and this is the damage....

and the really worrying one ! :silent: :silent: :pale: :pale: :pale:

so the cosmetics are gonna get a back seat and an engine inspection is priority hear, don`t panic the car will be put back to former glory for the sale of it with all cosmetic issues taken care of for any buyers (just had to say that as it`s sods law we advertise the car for sale and it gets battered!) :roll:
Last edited by racing23mr2 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Rowland wrote:Thanks for the pics Matt, I did later thank Sarah for avoiding me facing backwards!
What a day!
My car seemed to pick up several areas of damage yesterday, plenty of green paint also...

Sounds like there were several calls to the clerk of the course regarding numerous incidents. Can anyone elaborate?
I felt sorry for Rich and Karen having worked all hours to repair Mallorys damage only to receive a needless punt off the start line...

:evil:

I'd like to know what went on :shock:

Sorry to everyone who got damage, its never nice to get that.

sarah, check the engine, it may be the source of the oil leak :wink: :lol:,

sounds carnage. I wonder how many karters were out there :-k

any final results around?
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

sorry Tim but....
d'oh no .... not the engine surly :shock: sense of humour can be a dangerous thing you know(slight smile through the pain).

and your comment on drivers from other forms of motorsport Tim, well one of them got summoned in the cotc office on driving standards :?
through a complaint from a competitor i believe.

i think lots of peoples driving standards need checking as one driver had three complaints & a stewards complaint, a driver got black flagged through driving standards, and two more had other drivers go to the cotc to report them, not funny and not a good day.
as for the final results because of all the drivers under investigation no results were finalised at the end of the meeting for the second race but
(1) Neil (2) Aurther G (3 ) me! (4) Bradley mk1s were the first race results
mk2`s first race results (1) Mark J (2) Steve L (3) David L (4) Alan H .,

Second race provisionally mk1s (1)Arthur G(2) Neil G (3) Bradley (4) J Grimes.
MK2`S (1) Steve L (2) Mark J (3) Rowland.

Last edited by racing23mr2 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

Aye up. :?

Thanks for the comment, Rowland. :wink:

Karen's car is in the garage and I'll look at it tomorrow. Just a bit of front end damage. Nothing too serious. Bit of bending and some black tape will suffice for Mallory. Same perpetrator as caused the previous damage, but in this instance I simply cannot see any grounds whatsoever for the incident. To the point were I simply can't rule out intent! :shock:

I've created a video clip, but need to wait until my broadband is working again before I can post it up. (Probably after 10pm this evening).

It will contain swearing. [-( 8-[ [-X

Commiserations to Sarah, Rowland and the others that received damage. :cry:

A big hello and thankyou to all the spectators that came along and said hello to the #14 crew. Garrick, Jo, Phil, Vix, Matt, Paul, Michelle, etc. Sorry we couldn't give you more to smile about. :roll: :mrgreen:

Rich.
(The OTHER ginger)
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Squizz wrote:Aye up. :?

Thanks for the comment, Rowland. :wink:

Karen's car is in the garage and I'll look at it tomorrow. Just a bit of front end damage. Nothing too serious. Bit of bending and some black tape will suffice for Mallory. Same perpetrator as caused the previous damage, but in this instance I simply cannot see any grounds whatsoever for the incident. To the point were I simply can't rule out intent! :shock:

I've created a video clip, but need to wait until my broadband is working again before I can post it up. (Probably after 10pm this evening).

It will contain swearing. [-( 8-[ [-X

Commiserations to Sarah, Rowland and the others that received damage. :cry:

A big hello and thankyou to all the spectators that came along and said hello to the #14 crew. Garrick, Jo, Phil, Vix, Matt, Paul, Michelle, etc. Sorry we couldn't give you more to smile about. :roll: :mrgreen:

Rich.
(The OTHER ginger)

Im sorry to hear that rich. I'll await the video. Did you report to the clerk of the course? Did the other person get points/slapped wrists?
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

Karen was a visitor to the CofC for both races, and both times was the plaintiff.

Each time it was a different member of the same family found to be at fault.

ALL of the damage inflicted on her this season (and thus poor results) has been by these guys...

Someone's getting a phonecall tomorrow... :shock:

:mad: [-( [-X
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Squizz wrote:Karen was a visitor to the CofC for both races, and both times was the plaintiff.

Each time it was a different member of the same family found to be at fault.

ALL of the damage inflicted on her this season (and thus poor results) has been by these guys...

Someone's getting a phonecall tomorrow... :shock:

:mad: [-( [-X

Thats bad news.

At least they wont be in the nippon, wich is something to look forward to
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

:shock: sounds like carnage! [-X

Sarah, Rowland, Rich, really sorry to hear your cars were all damaged :(
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Icsunonove wrote::shock: sounds like carnage! [-X

Sarah, Rowland, Rich, really sorry to hear your cars were all damaged :(

Narrr, it's not too bad at a glance. More like several areas of light'ish damage. I'll post some pics up tomorrow.

:cyclops:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Rowland, Patrick and I were out trying out my crazy close ratio gearbox in my mk2 at the time, but my wife, Hannah, was with Lynn when one of the other drivers had just had a go at you. Can't believe that there is so much unsporting behaivour on and off the track.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

I dont remember Robert Howes mentioning he'd ever been a karter :-k

racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

cartledge_uk wrote:Image

I dont remember Robert Howes mentioning he'd ever been a karter :-k

with respect i was not referring to Mr Howes myself in my comment back to you, and did not want to mention names of drivers as i am sure the cotc would deal enough damage out with out a further public tribunal.
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

racing23mr2 wrote:...did not want to mention names of drivers as i am sure the cotc would deal enough damage out with out a further public tribunal.

WARNING: Contains swearing! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uu-meVgsvY

Ooops, I think Karen just let the cat out of the bag... :roll:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

:shock: What on earth was that all about????? :evil:

(Unless he was tagged by someone else first :-k )
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Doh - now work have banned youtube as well as facebook (i could access both last week) :(

Tom- IIRC Karen and t'other car were on thier own - the only 2 involved in that particular incident.

The racing was great from a specator perspective - some great overtaking - esp the ongoing battle for last and second last with the grey mk1 and the white mk2 :thumleft:
Also the last race with the battle for 1-5 places with the mk2's, plus neil and bradley in the 2nd race.

However, spectators were dissapointed to see some shoddy moves by some, without yielding position again etc when cutting corners.

However, mostly we cheered you all on :thumleft:

Hope all the cars get sorted in time for mallory :pray:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”