Forum member ages etc. (split from Saw 4 thread in OT)

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nitric4k

Re: splatterfilms saw4

Post by nitric4k »

Leeroy wrote:
wes wrote:this will probebly get taken of anyway

You guessed right :wink:

Please consider that the age range of our users can be as young as 13.

just a quick question where did the age 13 come from?

17s the driving age so really there shouldnt be users under this age obviously its public forum so anyone can access it but u see where im comin from with the 17 age i just dont see where 13 comes into it
Leon.

Re: Forum member ages etc. (split from Saw 4 thread in OT)

Post by Leon. »

That's what the stats tell us.

17 is still too young to see that anyway :wink:
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Leeroy wrote:That's what the stats tell us.

So's 29..... :pale:

:mrgreen:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

Leeroy wrote:That's what the stats tell us.

is 13 the default age though when you sign up?

and then its upto users to change it? cause users are bone idle lol

i cant remember that far back lol

yes 17s too young

but most 17s these days are snorting drugs up the nose going round shaggin n spreding stds not to mention criminal damage on poor mr2s

i say let them see a bit of gore it might put them off from touch an mr2 cause the owner is sick and twisted lol
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

There isn't really a default age, but we do have members whos kids use the site (and who have paid for premium membership for them etc), just something to bear in mind :thumleft:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

Speedy wrote:

There isn't really a default age, but we do have members whos kids use the site (and who have paid for premium membership for them etc), just something to bear in mind :thumleft:

well surely a 13year old should be looking at the half naked birds in the prem section then? or is this ok im guessing?
so we can post half naked pictures up of females but we cant poist up anything that isnt rude but people could think its rude depending on there adult mind

so confusing the rules of imoc are you guys must make stuff up as you go along
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Of course we do ](*,)

Put it this way, there are a lot of people who look at the site and never post. We know that there are a lot of children who look at the site. We also know that there are some kids who are premium members. If we get a complaint about something, then we look carefully at it before/if we moderate it.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

Speedy wrote:

Of course we do ](*,)

Put it this way, there are a lot of people who look at the site and never post. We know that there are a lot of children who look at the site. We also know that there are some kids who are premium members. If we get a complaint about something, then we look carefully at it before/if we moderate it.

well all of you guys best keep working as hard as you do, and of course keep up the good work wont you all.

:salut: :cheers:

and just to state this is not a perssonal attack or anything. i just think the whole team of imoc need to sit back and restructure or at least they rethink on whats going wrong with the site, and how they can improve it

not sure if its just the imoc meeting that i have gone to or not but a hell of a lot of people aint happy and the wish the committe would sort themselfes out.

as alot seem to be suffering fom a really bad work related injury

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Thanks a lot for such a super-helpful, well reasoned and thought out reply. We moderated a link which was not suitable for general use (IIRC it was reported to the moderation team) and was dealt with.

If you have some other axe to grind, I suggest the thread is split, rather than hijacking this one.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

nope said everything i needed too :)
BenF
Premium Member

Re: splatterfilms saw4

Post by BenF »

robbrookes5 wrote:
just a quick question where did the age 13 come from?

Its from the signup page - if you say you're under 13, you get taken to a separate page which requires the parent/ guardian to sign and return to us. Its been like that since the site opened in December 2004.

As Alex and others have already said, we do have a number of under-13s registered here who have been through this process.

We have to be mindful of this when moderating content on the site.

Also - if you've got ideas as to how to improve the Site - make them, this is what this forum is for - we do listen and make changes.

General grumbling doesn't help to move anything forwards - so if you've got good ideas, post here or PM me.
dude541

Post by dude541 »

robbrookes5 wrote:
Speedy wrote:

Of course we do ](*,)

well all of you guys best keep working as hard as you do, and of course keep up the good work wont you all.

:salut: :cheers:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.antiquark.com/entropyzone/wa ... llshit.jpg

and just to state this is not a perssonal attack or anything. i just think the whole team of imoc need to sit back and restructure or at least they rethink on whats going wrong with the site, and how they can improve it

not sure if its just the imoc meeting that i have gone to or not but a hell of a lot of people aint happy and the wish the committe would sort themselfes out.

as alot seem to be suffering fom a really bad work related injury

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.teivovo.com/jokes/cartoons/head_up_ar$e.jpg

quality! :clap:

i agree,certain people do suffer from the "work related injury"
but what happens when you complain? nothing!

so what do you think would happen when you make suggestions on how to make the site better! :whistle:

the only changes i have seen been made have been what comittee wanted,not members................
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

dude541 wrote:

so what do you think would happen when you make suggestions on how to make the site better! :whistle:

the only changes i have seen been made have been what comittee wanted,not members................

Offer some constructive criticism then, rather than serving your own agenda. Think of the members rather than grinding your own axe, because you are still upset about something altogether different.

Honestly.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
dude541

Post by dude541 »

Lauren wrote:
dude541 wrote:

Offer some constructive criticism then, rather than serving your own agenda. Think of the members rather than grinding your own axe, because you are still upset about something altogether different.

Honestly.

now heres the person with the biggest "works related injury" :lol:

so what am i upset about know it all?
if its the same rubbish i normally get from you then im afraid your barking up the wrong tree!
this has got nothing at all to do with an ex affiliate (as this is all i ever get from you!)
try reading the above posts,seems like im not the only person who feels this way................ :whistle:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

dude541 wrote:

if its the same rubbish i normally get from you then im afraid your barking up the wrong tree!
this has got nothing at all to do with an ex affiliate (as this is all i ever get from you!)
try reading the above posts,seems like im not the only person who feels this way................ :whistle:

In your opinion. It being your opinion, then it must be right, following your logic.

Why argue the toss about something that clearly contravenes the rules? You and your mates seem to keep saying "something in the air has changed, its not good, do something". Is it possible to be more vacuous?

I've read the above posts, what is there to be upset about?
dude541

Post by dude541 »

Lauren wrote:
dude541 wrote:

In your opinion. It being your opinion, then it must be right, following your logic.

Why argue the toss about something that clearly contravenes the rules? You and your mates seem to keep saying "something in the air has changed, its not good, do something". Is it possible to be more vacuous?

I've read the above posts, what is there to be upset about?

i wasnt argueing about anything to do with the rules!
i dont care how old people are that view the site!
i just agreed with someones comment that was made about the "work related accident!"

and for your info i dont know rob or have ever met him! so couldnt really call him a friend.

of course i must be wrong........because the high and mighty lauren is always right!

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

dude541 wrote:
i wasnt argueing about anything to do with the rules!
i dont care how old people are that view the site!
i just agreed with someones comment that was made about the "work related accident!"

and for your info i dont know rob or have ever met him! so couldnt really call him a friend.

of course i must be wrong........because the high and mighty lauren is always right!

Ah so because you think i've got my head stuck up my ar$e, that is your problem essentially? Maybe you just need to get a life. It'd be a start certainly. Can you not see the desperate flaws in your own logic? Are you blind?

So you've never met Rob, are you denying you know him?

Oh well CBA to get into a debate that is utterly pointless. Like i said before why not write something constructive. BTW its 'arguing'.
dude541

Post by dude541 »

Lauren wrote:

Ah so because you think i've got my head stuck up my ar$e, that is your problem essentially?
yep! at last you get it! you attitude on this forum stinks!
Maybe you just need to get a life.
ditto!
It'd be a start certainly. Can you not see the desperate flaws in your own logic? Are you blind?

ii must be,as lauren is always right! :tongue:

So you've never met Rob, are you denying you know him?
correct! :thumleft:

Oh well CBA to get into a debate that is utterly pointless. Like i said before why not write something constructive. BTW its 'arguing'.

perhaps you should take a new job as an english teacher,and do us all a favour! :D
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

yep! at last you get it! you attitude on this forum stinks!

Examples, linkage?

TBH, I have to say that your attitude seems to be just to constantly do the moderators and admin staff down, without any explanation as to why other than just 'it doesn't feel right'. A lot of people put a lot of their own time into the club to keep it running, and it would be nice if you could be honest enough to tell us what you think these 'problems' are, without just resorting to being abusive and unfair.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

robbrookes5 wrote:and just to state this is not a perssonal attack or anything. i just think the whole team of imoc need to sit back and restructure or at least they rethink on whats going wrong with the site, and how they can improve it

Why does the responsibility always fall to us?
We are constantly reminded that the club is for the members yet everyone sees it as the Admin / Mods job to constantly improve the site.
Why not make a suggestion on how you'd like to see the site improved?
We can't think of everything and therefore we need the members to tell us what they want.
If its possible then it will get done, within time / work restrictions.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!

Return to “Club News and Announcements”