3S service

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy F

3S service

Post by Andy F »

We arranged to drive down and collect some panels from here, we called him to say we would be a bit late and he said no worries!
When we arrived in CROOK and rang again for directions, he had gone home to his "family" 500 mile round trip 2 x people day off work and he will not hang around for an extra 15 mins...nice man!!
3S Service Centre

Re: 3S service

Post by 3S Service Centre »

here we go again, we are not responsible for your lateness and will not be blamed for having a closing time ](*,) so i can go home to my wife and 2 children.

perhaps aiming for the right town (Hook) not crook would have got you to the workshop before the doors closed at 5.30, 30 minutes later than advertised.

:eye:
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

If i was giving you somthing and you had travelled all that way, i would have waited for you, its just decent.

I must have been thinking about somthing else when i put CROOK

This is the feedback section..good or bad??
3S Service Centre

feedback is good, no worries, staying later than our advertised closing time is at our discretion just like any other business on the planet, the additonal 30 minutes is normal for us and at good will, the panels you were coming to collect still required removing from the car as you knew at the time, so being as you still hadnt found us at 5.00pm meant you would never have gotten everything you wanted before 6.30- 7.00 which simply was not going to be acceptable.

Its a total inconvienience it worked out like that but sometimes things dont go according to plan, doesnt make anyone a bad man!

James
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

3S Service Centre wrote:feedback is good, no worries, staying later than our advertised closing time is at our discretion just like any other business on the planet, the additonal 30 minutes is normal for us and at good will, the panels you were coming to collect still required removing from the car as you knew at the time, so being as you still hadnt found us at 5.00pm meant you would never have gotten everything you wanted before 6.30- 7.00 which simply was not going to be acceptable.

Its a total inconvienience it worked out like that but sometimes things dont go according to plan, doesnt make anyone a bad man!

James

Send me the parts as a good will gesture and then you will be a nice man!
3S Service Centre

Last edited by 3S Service Centre on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I say this post should be removed as Andy F has already posted all this up before. This is not trader feedback, this is someone who got lost and turned up after business hours. You cant complain if you were there when the business was closed, that is ridiculous.

This post is in no way representative of the GREAT service offered by James and the 3S team.

Bad form in my opinion Andy F.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I don't want to side, but I disagree. I think if someone has travelled 200 miles and is a bit late, most businesses would try to help out. Not a personal criticism James, and I don't agree with the slightly aggressive stance to it all, but it is fair feedback on a failing 'in this instance' IMHO.
T
3S Service Centre

Thanks Toni.

Waiting 30 minutes is fine, but that was not the end of the story as already explained, the parts still had to be removed, our trading estate closes at 6 and the gates locked, my family and I had plans, and you think i should be held to ransom because of a customers lateness [-X simply wrong.

You dont plan to fail you fail to plan!

Tescos wouldnt remain open a additonal second let alone 2 hours, being a small company we tyry to assist where possible, this whole disscussion is simply passing blame.

So please Toni explain how you think we failed ](*,)
michael

Post by michael »

Ollie @ Skyinsurance wrote:I say this post should be removed as Andy F has already posted all this up before. This is not trader feedback, this is someone who got lost and turned up after business hours. You cant complain if you were there when the business was closed, that is ridiculous.

This post is in no way representative of the GREAT service offered by James and the 3S team.

Bad form in my opinion Andy F.

It's trader feedback from the point of view of a potential customer, it states facts, why would it be removed? If someone else has to drive to the company this tale serves as a warning to them to get there in business hours as clearly they aren't too flexible in this respect.

Clearly your experiences with them have been more favourable, nobody will complain when your post goes up to say this.

If you know someone is travelling a fair old distance and has called in advance to arrange the collection of parts and called on the way there to say they might be a little late you do your best to accomodate them, you call them to see where they are and if you need to disappear home you tell them. If when they call to say they are running late you decide they will be *too* late then you tell them so they can turn around instead of wasting their time as well as yours.

Personally I would have spent the time hanging around (or the day before) to remove the parts from the car, had I needed to go home for some reason I would have ensured those parts were made available for collection (this is an IMOC member not an "unknown") and taken a payment online the next day. Worst case I would have taken them home and asked the buyer to drive even further to collect them at their inconvenience.

Maybe I'm just a nice chap...
michael

Post by michael »

3S Service Centre wrote:
Waiting 30 minutes is fine, but that was not the end of the story as already explained, the parts still had to be removed, our trading estate closes at 6 and the gates locked, my family and I had plans, and you think i should be held to ransom because of a customers lateness [-X simply wrong.

Was the customer made aware of these factors prior to them setting off?
3S Service Centre

And what if the price quoted was for the customer to remove the parts?
3S Service Centre

michael wrote:
3S Service Centre wrote:

Was i made aware when the customer set off he would be late - no, did the customer ask what happens if im late - no, did i even know how far the cutsomer was coming, no.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

michael wrote:why would it be removed?

Hi Michael, it should be removed becuase AndyF has already posted about this exact scenario.... I remember reading the post a week or so ago, and i thought it was a load of tosh then as well.

Yes my experiences with 3S have been very positive. I dont want potential 3S customers to be put of by these negative comments.

Enough from me, I've made my point.

Ollie out
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
michael

Post by michael »

3S Service Centre wrote:And what if the price quoted was for the customer to remove the parts?

Charge them more or manage their expectations better in the first place so that they arrive at a time that's convenient to you and allows them enough time to do the work.

Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying they were right to be late, I'm just not convinced that they were told of the consequences for this in advance...

I would have been there at opening time but that's just me :)
3S Service Centre

michael wrote:
3S Service Centre wrote:

We advertsie a closing time of 5.00 pm, we do not advertise that if customers cant get here on time we will close 6. This is bonkers.
3S Service Centre

michael wrote:
3S Service Centre wrote:And what if the price quoted was for the customer to remove the parts?

Charge them more or manage their expectations better in the first place so that they arrive at a time that's convenient to you and allows them enough time to do the work.

Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying they were right to be late, I'm just not convinced that they were told of the consequences for this in advance...

I would have been there at opening time but that's just me :)

Damn i wish i could live in your perfect world Michael.

We can please most people most of the time not everyone all of the time, its a simple fact of business that some peoples expectations are a little lets stay misslead sometimes.

Just for the record for every potential costomer:

We close at 5.00pm weekdays 4.00pm saturdays as advertised.
We will try where possible to help if you are late but cannot garuntee you will get everything the way you want at the price you want when you want it, how you want it and with who, why - because that is simply not possible.

](*,)
Last edited by 3S Service Centre on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

3S Service Centre wrote:

So please Toni explain how you think we failed ](*,)

Sorry James I didn't make myself clear. I don't think you failed as such. Perhaps you could've made the situation a little clearer to the late arrivee.

Ollie - yes the post was here before but was removed as it got argumentative.

Either way it is feedback on a situation someone is clearly unhappy about, that is why I think it should stand. James has explained it from his side, there's no more to add really.
T
3S Service Centre

Cheers Toni.

I dont want this removed because its a clear insite into how easy someone can attempt to tarnish your name because they got the hump.

James
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

I'm going to lock this as I think the two parties concerned have both said their bit. If anyone has anything more to say, please PM me.

*edited for impartiality - newbie mod...please bear with me!*

Return to “Trader Feedback”