Rogue Motorsport

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Rogue Motorsport

Post by tonigmr2 »

OK a bit obvious. :) But just incase anyone is wondering...

I think it is worth saying this - I have had more MR2s in the last 12 years than I care to add up... :oops: and in my time have dealt with more traders and dealers than is sensible. Many of which have ripped me off in various guises or have left me very unhappy with the result.

There is a reason I have entrusted my TRD and now my twincharger to Rogue - and that is quite simply that in over 15 months of dealings I have always found them to be 110% honest and fair, and we've always discussed my route and the result I want without just trying to flog me products or rack up the bill. To me that's worth more money than even I have. :wink: As a result I wouldn't go anywhere else. :thumleft:

Oh yeah, they can also tune a bit. :D They've turned their hand to machining custom parts for my cars and putting together the TC won't be a walk in the park - MR2? Any project not a problem. :thumleft: You should hear some of the stuff we've discussed. :mrgreen:
T
dawolf

Re: Rogue Motorsport

Post by dawolf »

Yeah, Rogue are very good and always happy to answer any queries over the phone. I'll be booking my new turbo in with them soon for the once over and to sort a couple of issues.
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

tonigmr2 wrote:110% honest and fair

Spot on :thumleft: And superb customer service, ALL the time. A great setup they now have :clap:
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Totally agreed the team at Rogue are excellent, I had my MR2 serviced and repaired there and even took my dads Roadster along to them last time, its a 3 hour round trip for us, but well worth it for the service and a great waiting room! :thumleft:

They've been featured in two magazines now, so that must say something :wink:

I'd of really liked my turbo engine rebuild to be done there, but having not long bought a house and been absolutely skint Ive had to take a cheaper option on a budget which has left me doing a lot of the work myself :( Hope it doesnt bit me in the backside!
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

I rang them today with a technical enquiry that wasn't going to earn them a brass farthing :-

I've got a Rev 2 tubby with a sweet engine and shagged bodywork - can I fit the engine in a rev 3 with a shagged engine and sweet bodywork ?

Half expectin to be told, "You'll have to bring it in and let us have a look mate ...."

Not a bit of it !!!

What I got was - free advice - honest advice. Result - I sing their praises on here, and first time I need any work I can't do myself- guess where I'm headed ??

Thanks Rogues !!!
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

There is simply no question at all that all at Rogue are genuine and decent folk who just want to give the best customer service possible.

They deliver more than is expected and I wouldn't dream of taking my 2 anywhere else.

Because of their reputation I hear that they are now getting a lot of business from Celica GT4 owners too

It's all good :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
alias

Post by alias »

Yep, I was up there last week for a few jobs. Over 6 hours travelling there and back, but it's not the first time I have been there and won't be the last, that's for sure.
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Odd, I sent them a pm about something over a month ago, and to date I still have not had a reply (there are specific reasons why I pm'd rather than called before anyone asks!) even if it was a curtious "Sorry, but that's not within our scope of work" or some such. Really felt let down :(
alias

Post by alias »

Hi Mate,

I know what you are saying. In the past I have sent them several emails, and they did take a very long time to answer - bu that is emails for you - they need to be read.

Saying that, I have left GTSChris emails, and answer messages and such, and I am yet to hear back from him in over a month. Tim is also hard to get in touch with, no phone number on the website, but he does respond to emails, and his delivery of products is excellent I can say from first hand......

At least Rogue let you speak straight to Matt in the workshop, who - at the end of the day, along with Ryan and Lyndon - really know their stuff. Try phoning them and asking to speak to Patrick or Matt...

When I was there last week, Patrick was hardly off the phone long enough to say Hi, which was a shame as I sorted of wanted a chat about routes to bigger power (thanks Craig/Lyndon)... but Rogue are in high demand, and at the end of the day....and rightly so I suppose, as they have an excellent reputation, and I would recommend their work any day of the week, no problem...

Have heard good things about 3S as well though, have you tried them or are they too far?

HTH

Cheers
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

alias wrote: Hi Mate,
Have heard good things about 3S as well though, have you tried them or are they too far?

Sorry to go O/T...

No, as yet I haven't tried 3S, although I am now going to. I can fully appreciate business's being busy, which is why I gave it a while before saying anything. A month is, frankly, beyond reasonable doubt though.

I was actually planning on going to Rogue for a Link ECU, but to be honest they've just shot themselves in the foot by not replying to my pm (as said, a simple "no thanks" would have sufficied) so I shall take my trade elsewhere.

While I can appreciate this probably won't hurt their pockets to much, if to many people encounter this lack of reply, maybe it will then......?
dude541

Post by dude541 »

ive pm`d a few times without reply......

but i have found its best to phone them,always get a prompt reply,and they are always very helpfull,would never fob you of if they thought there wasnt a sale out of it!

great guys!

give them a call bud :thumleft:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for the feedback - both positive and negative - we appreciate it all.

Apologies to those of you who have sent me PMs that haven't got a reply. The problem is in the fact that I'm unable to forward messages recieved via PM through email to the relevant person with Rogue Motorsport who would deal with that particular query. Most of the time I'll request an email address from the sender and then cut 'n' paste the message into an email but some get missed, and with some PM's containing embedded pictures it gets quite difficult.

In order of priority - the phone always gets answered first, then email, then PMs from forums. If anyone wrote us a snailmail letter it would probably get punted to the top of the pile just for the novelty value!

We also don't regard "being too busy" as a valid reason for not communicating - that's what we're supposed to be busy doing! We're having a new all-singing-and-dancing telephone system installed shortly that will allow you to route your own calls rather than requiring an operator in the office to do it. This should help streamline things and give us more time to do the important stuff.

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

Return to “Trader Feedback”