xxxx - BEWARE (spamming)

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

luthor1

Re: xxxx - BEWARE (spamming)

Post by luthor1 »

tonigmr2 wrote:
luthor1 wrote:Unfortunately Toni, Garrick is definitely *not* reporting the rude behaviour, since the topic title regards "spamming" and nowhere in the first post does he mention rude behaviour.

It was only in his 3rd reply that he mention rude emails

so this post is DEFINITELY about spamming, let's not get confused

I do agree with you it is about spamming, but it's the subsequent of how his complaint was dealt with that led to the post. I did also say we have had threads complaining about spamming before (first sentence), so either is justified IMHO.

/Not wanting to argue! Not commenting on TB, only validity of post.

T

Ok fair point - still don't think it's in the spirit of this section...
DMC Paul

Post by DMC Paul »

Agreed

But reporting to authorities is a little narrow minded in todays world...

I can't believe thats the ONLY so called spam email that account has ever recieved.

If it is I'd love to have the same ISP and anti spam software.

Paul
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

Firstly can I just say that is really funny that the IMOC committee is getting involved with this?

The email has nothing to do with IMOC yet Lauren has been in direct contact with Garrick and Jo to view all of the emails sent back and forth.

Yet when Tim was having problems with other Traders and had email evidence to back it all up the IMOC Committee was not interested at all.

Emails can be edited and sent to different people or posted up on the public forum hence can only be said to be hearsay and is against the rules of this very section of the forum.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

DMC Paul wrote:Agreed

I can't believe thats the ONLY so called spam email that account has ever recieved.

If it is I'd love to have the same ISP and anti spam software.

Paul

I have email addresses registered to other forums I don't use anywhere else. I never get spam on them, as they don't go anywhere else. So if something does pop up, it tends to point the finger somewhat. :shock:
T
anna

Post by anna »

RichLee wrote:Firstly can I just say that is really funny that the IMOC committee is getting involved with this?

PMSL

It's a conspiracy! :lol:

Top notch Richlee - top notch :thumleft:

I think i'm going to have to search google for an image for occasions such as this :)

Garrick - i'd be peed off too - especially if it's obvious where it has been coming from. I've tried to stop the marketing phonecalls and unsolicted post, and it seems to work for a month or two and then reverts back #-o

I've been lucky enough not to receive this email though.
Last edited by anna on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RichLee wrote:Firstly can I just say that is really funny that the IMOC committee is getting involved with this?

The email has nothing to do with IMOC yet Lauren has been in direct contact with Garrick and Jo to view all of the emails sent back and forth.

Yet when Tim was having problems with other Traders and had email evidence to back it all up the IMOC Committee was not interested at all.

Emails can be edited and sent to different people or posted up on the public forum hence can only be said to be hearsay and is against the rules of this very section of the forum.

It might well have something to do with IMOC given that Jo is very careful about who she gives her email address to. That is the point. Tim's issues with other traders are nothing to do with this. I have dealt extensively with disputes between Tim and other traders of which there have been many. So that is not true. However, we are not a support service for affiliates nor are we a support service for ex-affiliates. Of course emails can be edited. Not the case though in this instance.

FWIW, my other half complains to ISPs everytime he gets spam as a matter of course. So its not that uncommon. What was the problem that started it in this case was the unprofessional response Jo received which was wholly unnecessary.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

Lauren wrote:
FWIW, my other half complains to ISPs everytime he gets spam as a matter of course. So its not that uncommon. What was the problem that started it in this case was the unprofessional response Jo received which was wholly unnecessary.

Funny how the first post Garrick made didnt mention it, purely about the spam and nothing more!
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

Lauren wrote:Of course emails can be edited. Not the case though in this instance.

And hows that then? What you say goes then as usual?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RichLee wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Funny how the first post Garrick made didnt mention it, purely about the spam and nothing more!

Well its a bit more than that. I am sure Garrick would not have been minded to post it if Tim hadn't insulted his girlfriend in the first place.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RichLee wrote:
Lauren wrote:Of course emails can be edited. Not the case though in this instance.

And hows that then? What you say goes then as usual?

Why, would they lie about something like this? What is the point? Do you think that Tim is beyond criticism? Are you really that much of a sycophant?

I guess we should remember that you are the site admin on Tim's site, so your bias is obvious.
RichLee

Post by RichLee »

Lauren wrote:
Well its a bit more than that. I am sure Garrick would not have been minded to post it if Tim hadn't insulted his girlfriend in the first place.

But still he didnt mention it thus could have been fabricated to turn this into a different situation.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

RichLee wrote:But still he didnt mention it thus could have been fabricated to turn this into a different situation.

Are you paranoid? I mentioned it for balance as i have already stated, because of the sycophants who for some reason believe 'their Tim' is beyond criticism. Is it the case that you only believe what comes from the mouth of Tim?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Rather than go round and round in circles perhaps admin could consider locking this, most people will have a view of what happened by now.

T
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

I have not been on IMOC for a few weeks now, now I remember why.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Tim wrote: Although i didn't have time to go through all 8000 odd members on imoc sending them all emails. This was done through a mail list my website had collect.

*like i said i'm not sure how it actually collects those names but i've removed address from that list at peoples request, so i see no reason to continue this futher by posting it all over this forum when imoc has nothing to do with this what so ever.

* I suggest you check out how your website collect peoples email addys, as unless it is by their request you can't use them!

As I understand it, unless I subscribe to a mailing list you have no right to spam me. I never subscribe to any mailing as I have a pet hate for crap spam. This is why i knew it was unsolicited spam.

I wondered how your website got my email? Weird!

I have never visited your site or bought from your shop. (and never will now either LOL)

tim wrote:What by sending a newsletter out to people subscribed to my website...........I can't be held responsible if they forgot visiting

There email address were removed at there request, so i don't see the problem. I also apologised, let’s just drop it yeah.

I've told you where there email address came from, but if you don't believe me why not tell me where I got it from because I’d also like to know? I guess *anyone could have used your email address seeing you've displayed it all over each post.

Tim

*'anyone' is not allowed to use email in this way - this is exactly what spamming is for goodness sake!

I really don’t believe you as to how you got my email

Besides – I meet so many people at shows you obviously didn’t make an impression as I don’t remember the pleasure.

I haven’t said anything wrong in my emails to you.

Unlike others, I never get any spam at all, no junk mail, and no unwanted phone calls.

What Garrick says and does is up to him, but leave me out of this Tim. Next time, make sure you get a valid email list not one made up.

Its because of the actions you have taken on here, I thought your latest scam should be publicised.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

As the points on all sides have been made and responded to, I'm now going to lock this topic as otherwise we will be only going to be covering old ground once again and not make any headway.

If people have any further concerns, please drop me a PM.

Return to “Trader Feedback”