passed mot!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

blueninja66

passed mot!

Post by blueninja66 »

2nd year running, no advisories!

tester did however advise me to carry on whatever ive been doing to it, as its obviously working lol.

another year down, however the mk1 will be under-cover soon in my new garage so hopefully even less to worry about!

lovin my car again at the mo \:D/
cartledge_uk

Re: passed mot!

Post by cartledge_uk »

Glad it all was plain sailing. Saddly more and more mk1's are meeting the scrappy.
blueninja66

Post by blueninja66 »

cartledge_uk wrote:Glad it all was plain sailing. Saddly more and more mk1's are meeting the scrappy.

not mine, no sir'eeeee!
spent too much time and money on it to let it go to waste. hopefully a 2nd car is on its way so the mk1 wont ever have to endure the GREAT british weather again, mwha ha ha ha
lffuller

Post by lffuller »

Yep, mine's just passed with no advisories also! The garage were impressed with the overall condition of my '88 t-bar. Another year done
blueninja66

Post by blueninja66 »

lffuller wrote:Yep, mine's just passed with no advisories also! The garage were impressed with the overall condition of my '88 t-bar. Another year done

i think everyone should be impressed that they are still on the road. never-mind passing mot's with flying colours lol.

feels good though eh mate!
shepz

Post by shepz »

cartledge_uk wrote:Glad it all was plain sailing. Saddly more and more mk1's are meeting the scrappy.

Tell me about it :( Hopefully someone will buy mine as it is as its way too good too scrap!

Nice one blueninja mate, easily one of the most stressful days off the year!
silentk

Post by silentk »

Mine passed this week as well, needed some welding on the sills but other than that passed with no advisories.

It's now kept in a garage and is only used in dry weather (apart from track days!) so it shouldn't rust too much anymore...
Last edited by silentk on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartG

Post by MartG »

Good to hear it passed mate :thumleft:
010on1986

Post by 010on1986 »

my 1986 na passed last week, although it did need a number plate lamp bulb!
blueninja66

Post by blueninja66 »

010on1986 wrote:my 1986 na passed last week, although it did need a number plate lamp bulb!

thought mine did aswell, gave it a thwack outside the test station to get it up n runnin again lol
blueninja66

Post by blueninja66 »

shepz wrote:

Nice one blueninja mate, easily one of the most stressful days off the year!

without a shadow shepz, without a shadow
Knightkiller

Post by Knightkiller »

Mine's in next thursday.... im absolutely dreading it :pale:
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

It's one of those things... I was dreading mine as I'd sorted out the rear caliper on it (the first time I'd done that job by myself... ;) ) specifically for the MOT. As the car was 50 miles from me I was in the office and my Dad drove it to the MOT station for me.
That morning was really heart in mouth morning... has it passed... hasn't it passed... it was supposed to have gone in from the test at 9...

1pm arrives and I haven't heard anything. By this time I'm sweating. Either it had been pushed back later in the day as they knew my Dad couldn't pick it up until the afternoon... or it had needed some work at some silly cost and Dad had forgotten my instructions to call me if any work needed doing rather than just give the go ahead - what on Earth had happened...?

2pm and I couldn't take it anymore... Get on the phone to Dad...
Dad: "Hello?"
Me: "Dad, Please tell me you've heard something?"
Dad: "Oh - hiya... yeah it passed..."
He seemed so nonchalant about it I was a bit taken aback...
Me: "It passed? Really?"
Dad: "Why are you surprised... of course it passed! You always worry over nothing - the MOT inspector was actually impressed with the condition..."
Me: "Ah wow - that's a huge relief! So......... WTF didn't you phone me to tell me?!"
Dad: "I figured you'd probably guessed it by now..."
Me: :roll:

Now, I don't drink... but that evening I opened a few cans of beer for my housemates so they could celebrate on my behalf... ;)

Then a month later I had to go through it all again with the daily driver... :roll:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”