Drift Day - Oulton Park, Friday 26th October

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

brgbrm

Drift Day - Oulton Park, Friday 26th October

Post by brgbrm »

There's a full day of drifting in your own car available at Oulton Park.

I did this course earlier in the year and it was really great fun, and
good value I think. There are instructors available, and the basics to
get the back end out and the power slides starting doesn't take long!

The basic cost is £125 (plus helmet hire if necessary, extra passengers etc). I have arranged a 10% discount if we can get 10 or more people. If you want to join us, please do *not* book through the website or your booking won't count towards the 10; contact the company direct as follows:

Say it's the IMOC group booking
Phone Nick direct on 01474 875218

Please also say in here if you'll be booking.

Details of the event are here:
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/track ... uctID=3582

Marc
Flat Pack

Re: Drift Day - Oulton Park, Friday 26th October

Post by Flat Pack »

I did this earlier in the year too, great fun. The instructors were brilliant, funny and approachable. Oh and you can get them to drive your car too which was eye opening.

Pretty much anything RWD can take part, NORLOG had their N/A Mk1 MR2 track car there they day that I went and got it working pretty well after some slightly interesting tyre pressure choices. Couple of guys I got chatting to were there in Elises and having a right laugh so just being mid-engined is no excuse :)

The infield rally stages they use at Oulton are a specially prepared tarmac and tyre wear was virtually nill on my car, much easier on the car than a track day too as there's so little grip you're not really loading the engine or transmission hard. Went round and round all day and didn't even use a full tank of fuel.

Well worth doing just for the learning, but it's great fun too... Tempted to have another go now ;) Only downer is I'm sure it's got a bit more expensive, but it's still good value imo especially as the instruction is included (some compulsory instruction at the start and then basically just grab an instructor whenever you want if they're standing about and they'll do a few laps with you).
RoadsterBoy

Re: Drift Day - Oulton Park, Friday 26th October

Post by RoadsterBoy »

that does sound good, shame that oulton is so far away from me, oh that and the fact that i can't afford it right now... :mad:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”