MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

RobCrezz

Re: MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Post by RobCrezz »

johnp wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:
johnp wrote:Referring to the Honda Integra side of this discussion,there is another Honda...more refined and comfortable than a Teg,200hp v-tec engine with more torque,handling excellent for a fwd machine.
However it's mostly forgotten now,considered very uncool and fairly rare, so hard to find a good one.
THE HONDA PRELUDE 2.2 V-TEC MONTEGI.
This looks a good low mileage example,shame about the colour :shock: .
If it was red with black leather I'd be keen.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/771845.htm

Its "Motegi" there is no N. And all the Motegi part was the bodykit.

I had a 2.2 VTEC prelude, it was a good car, more of a GT than the Integra though.

Thank you for correcting my spelling,but I think you will find that the Motegi also had the 17'' wheels standard and the engine produced more power (although the higher power engine IIRC was standardised on the later ordinary V-tec) and ,to further confuse things, the standard car could have the wheels and bodykit as extras.

No the engine was exactly the same as the 5th gen vtec from which it was based on.
johnp

Post by johnp »

RobCrezz wrote:
johnp wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:

Its "Motegi" there is no N. And all the Motegi part was the bodykit.

I had a 2.2 VTEC prelude, it was a good car, more of a GT than the Integra though.

Thank you for correcting my spelling,but I think you will find that the Motegi also had the 17'' wheels standard and the engine produced more power (although the higher power engine IIRC was standardised on the later ordinary V-tec) and ,to further confuse things, the standard car could have the wheels and bodykit as extras.

No the engine was exactly the same as the 5th gen vtec from which it was based on.

Wikipedia shows the following:
2.2 VTI VTEC,European market,type H22A.
Engine power----185ps,97-99,chassis BB6
200ps,00-01,chassis BB8
IIRC all the Montegi models had the higher power engine from introduction while they sold off the last of the lower power models,then all the 2.2's got the higher power engine
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Who cares :roll:
johnp

Post by johnp »

mr2nut123 wrote:Who cares :roll:

Just mind your own business while me and my friend share our nerdy knowledge....merry christmas :) .
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

johnp wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:Who cares :roll:

Just mind your own business while me and my friend share our nerdy knowledge....merry christmas :) .

lol, and you 8). I was really interested in this thread to begin with, but now its just getting silly "no, i SWEAR that model had a modified ashtray with 2 LEDs in it" "no you must be mistaken, it only had 1!!" *shock horror* :lol:

Return to “Driving Experiences”