MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Munnsy

MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Post by Munnsy »

On the way to silverstone yesterday, he obviously thought he would murder my stock rev2, i was on his ass all the way, actually so close i nearly had a collision, ( such an idiot wont ever do it again)(
But was impressed with their performance and the awsome sound of the v-tech,
Anyone know what bhp these run, was quick and although i was with him all the way it did give me a run for my money :mrgreen:
JohnnyC

Re: MR2 Turbo VS Honda Integra Type R???

Post by JohnnyC »

DC2 (up to 2000) is a 1.8 litre, 180-190bhp.

DC5 (2001 onwards) is a 2 litre, 215bhp.

Both will have you in the corners, and both are lighter than the mk2 MR2.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

It was a newer one without a doubt, looked very nice and like i said sounded awesome,
Are these the same engine as the civic type r????
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

has anyone else had any experiences with one,??
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Same engines as the CTR. K20a block i believe. Great motor. Stunning to look at and rare.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

i totally agree, fantastic looking car, very well built like many if not all jap cars and like you said not many about,
what sort of money do these cars fetch??
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

I think about 10-12k for an early DC5. Not entirely sure tho.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

nakamura wrote:I think about 10-12k for an early DC5. Not entirely sure tho.

That's about right, incredible really when you consider it's only reached half it's 'list price' after 6 years. Most cars are about half their original value after only 3 years.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Again its down to the lacked of a UK model. BIG mistake by Honda. Prob one of the most sexy coupes around.
helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

I've been in both a DC2 and a DC5 and whilst they're great cars they just lack that little something extra provided by a turbo, in my opinion :thumleft:

Agreed that the DC5 is a lovely looking car, but if anything it's a bit too 'saloon' for my liking and I'd probably go for a JDM DC2, in black 8)

I think the DC2 is a little more boisterous and less refined - or maybe that was down to the driver 8-[ :lol:

Helen
Mike

Post by Mike »

Was it a white DC2 'S' reg? A lad from work said he had a play with a MR2, reckons he left it at a roundabout. He lives in the Northampton area.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

funny enough it was a white one, not sure about the reg though, and funny enopugh he did leave me on the roundabout as i had real bad brake fade and it frightened the life out of me, nearly hit him, swerved to miss then nearly ploughed in to a horsebox, then thought to myself i could of died lol
had female in the back, quick car indeed was well impressed, had a black lip on front bumper too.
Let me know would be interesting :thumleft:
OH AND I DONT CONDONE RACING!!!!!!!!! :whistle:
zak_godsell

Post by zak_godsell »

nice looking cars.it is a good thing there are not that many of them about as the do go well once moving.through the gears they are not much slower than my tubby.just play with them of the line .just to show them what a proper car can do :)
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

yeah but bearing in mind you have a rev3 and im only running a stock rev 2, stock boost with few breathing mods so i think she held up well for an old girl, :mrgreen:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

A DC2 is simillar in performance to an NA. But amazing handling even with a fwd chassis. The DC5 is quicker, still handles really well. Sound great too. I had a play with a DC2 in my car when was NA and was equal. He ended up bottling it.

Great cars both. Tho I dont like the UK front DC2. The JDM spec front is nicer.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

the dc2 i raced seemed very quick for an 1800 lol,
im surprised you managed to beat him as the stock rev 2 isnt that much quicker, plus as someone said it is alot lighter tthan the tubby
eRATic

Post by eRATic »

nakamura wrote:A DC2 is simillar in performance to an NA.

dream on. a DC2 is quicker than an NA MR2. just cos you had a play with one doesnt mean he was giving it everything. A stock uk DC2 makes 187hp, with a manifold, decat and full system makes about 210-211 hp.

a turbo MR2 will be a bit quicker in a straight line but chuck in some corners and the DC2 will just pull away.

the DC2 does lack the midrange of a tubby but when you keep it screaming it is very quick. It is the drivers car it is billed as.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

And? There isnt much difference between them, how fast do u think they are? Plus the NA makes more torque certainly in rev1-2 form, is mid engine/rear wheel drive so more grip for acceleration.

Besides i said similar, never mention which is faster. Integras are quick and awesome but NA mr2s are not that slow. There are plenty on here that put out close to 180bhp and 160ft lbs. Thats plenty of power.
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

i totally agree, i think from my own personal experience the dc2 is definately faster than the n/a, however i dont know if the dc2 i am talking about is stock, all i know is that they are fantastic to look at and fantastic as far as performance ven for my stock rev2 which was dyno'd at 223 few weeks ago 8-[
:neutral: :shock:
Rev2_mike

Post by Rev2_mike »

Question is - would you take one over your current MR2? :-k I'd be tempted with either a DC2 or a DC5 tbh - went out in a DC5 and was impressd.

Return to “Driving Experiences”