group buy ? ferodo fcp308 performance brake pads

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

group buy ? ferodo fcp308 performance brake pads

Post by crazylegs »

I have found a supplier who can get hold of FRONT performance pads at VERY good prices. these have an old number fcp308 but are equivalent to these. http://www.elcome.ltd.uk/DSPerf/index.asp. they use the Ferodo 3466 fast road / track day compound . they use the fcp308 number on the continent and are also listed as FRP 308. in the uk they are now listed as FDS308 . I should depending on numbers be able to get them at around £12 per set. they are old stock but are boxed and undamaged. do pads go off ?... No. I have bought a set to check and they are fine.
Anyone interested then PM me with your request and how many sets you want.
Jim-SR

Re: group buy ? ferodo fcp308 performance brake pads

Post by Jim-SR »

if you can sort out a group buy on DS2000, DS2500 and DS3000 pads il be interested. i need AW11 rears, but my fronts are ST185 Celica's

if this is only possible on the FDS308's then apologies for hijacking your thread, but thought it was worth an ask if youve found a supplier willing to co-operate :)
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

i can ask. trouble is no one looks here so the chances of getting a decent number is slim.
MarkySan

Post by MarkySan »

Hi mate,

I'd be interested in a set.

Cheers,
Marky

PS - I have to admit I forget about the other forum folder like this, and head for the MR2MK1 all the time. I think it would have served better in there, than here.
Dan Norton

Post by Dan Norton »

Jim-SR wrote:if you can sort out a group buy on DS2000, DS2500 and DS3000 pads il be interested. i need AW11 rears, but my fronts are ST185 Celica's

if this is only possible on the FDS308's then apologies for hijacking your thread, but thought it was worth an ask if youve found a supplier willing to co-operate :)

They are all race compounds......the cold bite properties and dusting is not so good for the average road user.
These are great compounds for track work (although i wouldnt reccomend the ds3000's at all, they are VERY agressive on discs).

If these £12 jobbies were for sw20 NA cars, then i will be up for a set for sure! :(
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Put me down for a couple of sets Kev.
ChavMR2

Post by ChavMR2 »

I have noticed that there is a heavy bias already on the front brakes of my car (even though the rear brakes were described as excellent by the MOT tester last week). Will these more aggressive fronts make the difference between front and rear bigger? I can already lock up the front wheels easily, so is it worth getting "better" pads?
Is there anything I can do to improve braking at the rear?
Are the £12 a wheel or £12 for both wheels?
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

Dan Norton wrote:
Jim-SR wrote:if you can sort out a group buy on DS2000, DS2500 and DS3000 pads il be interested. i need AW11 rears, but my fronts are ST185 Celica's

They are all race compounds......the cold bite properties and dusting is not so good for the average road user.
These are great compounds for track work (although i wouldnt reccomend the ds3000's at all, they are VERY agressive on discs).

yup, i know. although i wouldnt even CONSIDER dusting in my choice of brake pads. they produce what they produce, id rather have black wheels than no braking performance lol. theyll be fine for what im looking to use them for :)
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

this is for the front set 4 pads.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

this is what you will get Image
Image[/img]
ChavMR2

Post by ChavMR2 »

"Will these more aggressive fronts make the difference between front and rear bigger? I can already lock up the front wheels easily, so is it worth getting "better" pads?
Is there anything I can do to improve braking at the rear?"
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

i will be finalising the price soon when i get the postage prices. i will pm everyone individually. still a chance to put your names down.
ChavMR2

Post by ChavMR2 »

I am interested depending on if they will be any good for road use only, and not mak ethe fronts more harsh than already are. id love something grippier on the back though, as even though they were described as excellentat the MOT, they still dont stop very well.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

Hi, as the numbers stayed quite low it is £12 per set. Postage will be £5 for 1, £8.50 for 2 or 3, £9.50 for 4.
Payment to [email protected] please and dont forget to add your address for delivery also put how many you are after. Many thanks Kev

Anyone else interested then send your payment and i can get them off to you. i ordered a few more just in case.
System-G

Post by System-G »

I would be interested in DS2500 or DS3000 (all round?) for our track car. Price dependant :wink:
I doubt very much the 308's will stand the abuse I give my brakes on track as other "Fast Road/Track pads last me less than 10 minutes on track before completely cooking :whistle:
Currently running EBC Yellowstuff which hold up fairly well (£60-odd per axle) and can't justify the Carbotech's yet (over £100 per axle).
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

thanks to those who have paid. the brakes are already on the way. if anyone else is interested i still have some left.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Picked mine up this afternoon from the post room. Cheers Kev!
silentk

Post by silentk »

I'll have a set, how do you want paying? Paypal?

Also can you recommend some discs to go with them?
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

your pads are on the way should be with you monday RM willing.
silentk

Post by silentk »

Thanks they arrived this morning, Royal Mail actually delivered on time!

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”