WRA No 2

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TOPGUN

WRA No 2

Post by TOPGUN »

WRA No2 is on its way see this link for more info
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=72026.html
Get your names down here if you are intrested.
anna

Re: WRA No 2

Post by anna »

What happened to the first one?

Also - I think there is a Jag rolling convoy attempt sometime soon that is going to try and break the 312 (?) mark
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

the first one was held earlier in the year at rockingham and although i didn't go i gather from reading mr2 only that thye were successfull in getting 293 officially counted!
anna

Post by anna »

It's official then? - still the longest convoy of MR2's (sorry - toyotas!)

:thumleft:

Where do I look it up in the guiness book? :D
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I guess it would be here :
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/rec ... fault.aspx

but it isn't
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

We have officially not got the record due to Steve Cope failing to send us an important document signed as proof by officials that they witnessed the attempt.I feel the whole thing was cocked up by there staff numbering cars wrong and not geting us on the track in lines of 3.Hence the new attempt which hopefully will be bigger and better so what are you waiting for get your names down,on the MR2OC we have 67 names down already.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I don't want to dampen the spirits, but all of that could have been predicted and sorted out beforehand (and not getting things signed does sound a bit slack really). A lot of people spent their £15 or whatever to get in to participate, only to then be locked outside and have to complain to get back in etc, and then to find out (only now) that the record attempt officially failed is a bit much.

If I was being very unkind, you could almost make the argument that it was a bit of a con on behalf of earning somebody 293x£15, with no record and nothing to show at the end of it all (other than a single lap around the rockingham circuit).

I really hope that if/when this goes ahead again, that all of those problems will be sorted out - would also be nice to give a little more heads-up and information to the people running the seperate clubs, just so we can help keep people up to date on what's going on and what the arrangements are going to be.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Speedy wrote:I don't want to dampen the spirits, but all of that could have been predicted and sorted out beforehand (and not getting things signed does sound a bit slack really). A lot of people spent their £15 or whatever to get in to participate, only to then be locked outside and have to complain to get back in etc, and then to find out (only now) that the record attempt officially failed is a bit much.

If I was being very unkind, you could almost make the argument that it was a bit of a con on behalf of earning somebody 293x£15, with no record and nothing to show at the end of it all (other than a single lap around the rockingham circuit).

I really hope that if/when this goes ahead again, that all of those problems will be sorted out - would also be nice to give a little more heads-up and information to the people running the seperate clubs, just so we can help keep people up to date on what's going on and what the arrangements are going to be.

:clap:
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

:shock:
Have to say sounds like a c0ck up of the first order.

If you'd approached the club and got us organisers involved you might get more people rather than just posting a thread with a link too. :-k

T
EarL

Post by EarL »

Not again... ](*,)

It was a total c0ck up from start to finish. Why the hell was everyone kept waiting so long to get on the damn track? Why was there not the three cars abreast as stated? Why was there no damn organisation during the run - cars were going everywhere?

Count me out of that mess. =;
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

TOPGUN wrote:We have officially not got the record due to Steve Cope failing to send us an important document signed as proof by officials that they witnessed the attempt.I feel the whole thing was cocked up by there staff numbering cars wrong and not geting us on the track in lines of 3.Hence the new attempt which hopefully will be bigger and better so what are you waiting for get your names down,on the MR2OC we have 67 names down already.

:shock: :roll: :roll:
I can't believe that all this was not sorted out in the first place.
TBH if its all the same organisers, how are we assured that its all in place this time.
I personally feel let down (esp due the money made by the venue)
You'd have tought that the first thing to ensure you had got right was the official side of things :shock:

Can you please make sure you liase with the organisers of each club better next time, as all of my mk1 club pms and emails seemed to be ignored and the mk1 club were missed of the website links etc which was most annoying, despite me putting in efforts to promote this to ur club

my feeling is that overall its a bit late to try again now.
maybe leave till next year or so....
kirsty

Post by kirsty »

I'm not fussed on trying again this year. It wasn't the cheapest of weekends when you through in the fuel, camping and alcohol.

Will probably be keen on it next year, but only if it's organised well.
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

Hmmm, we took two lots of cars up, two lots of fuel, quite a pricey weekend. Kinda feel we did our bit. To find out now that we didn't get it is well, a tads annoying. #-o

I'll take some persuading to do it again, I think others will too.

Woud the effort not be better spent getting this Steve Cope to get his finger out and organise the document. They can't have failed to notice the number of cars on the track, hell there's enough photographic and video evidence? Are Guiness actually going to deny nearly 300 people becouse somebody cocked up a bit of paper? Can't it be done now?

Karl_T
Red ones go faster......
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Karl_T wrote:Hmmm, we took two lots of cars up, two lots of fuel, quite a pricey weekend. Kinda feel we did our bit. To find out now that we didn't get it is well, a tads annoying. #-o

Yup - totally agree. The most irritating part is that presumably, you have known that the attempt was unsucessful for some time, but didn't tell anybody about it?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I can understand the negative comments. totally understandable, the whole organisation was shockingly bad.
BUT: I had a fantastic day out, the track action was great... hell it was worth the £15 to accelerate through the exhaust appreciation tunnel..

I'll be there for the next attempt :thumleft:

Ollie
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Yeh, would have been nice to know we were unsuccessful earlier, sums up the whole event :lol:

I'll wait until there are more details before I commit, can't say I'm overly bothered though after the last one - not that I didn't have a good time :thumleft:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Leeroy wrote:not that I didn't have a good time :thumleft:

You were impressed my the mk3 and the hat weren't you.. It's ok - you can tell me :tongue:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Only as impressed as you were with my exhaust :whistle: :lol: :eye:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Leeroy wrote:Only as impressed as you were with my exhaust :whistle: :lol: :eye:

glol !

( \:D/ 8-[ )
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Karl_T wrote:Hmmm, we took two lots of cars up, two lots of fuel, quite a pricey weekend. Kinda feel we did our bit. To find out now that we didn't get it is well, a tads annoying. #-o

I'll take some persuading to do it again, I think others will too.

Woud the effort not be better spent getting this Steve Cope to get his finger out and organise the document. They can't have failed to notice the number of cars on the track, hell there's enough photographic and video evidence? Are Guiness actually going to deny nearly 300 people becouse somebody cocked up a bit of paper? Can't it be done now?

Karl_T

Your more than welcome to contact him,i have tried and given up, this event has taking a lot of my time and own expense to set up due to the incompetance of Steve Cope and his staff we are at the moment not official GWR holders.Next time more people will be involved and staffing of the event will be by ourselves.

Return to “Past Events”