TRACKDAY and ACTIVITY WEEKEND! *Rockingham 22nd/23rd Sept*

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

anna

TRACKDAY and ACTIVITY WEEKEND! *Rockingham 22nd/23rd Sept*

Post by anna »

So what's it all about?
MR2ontrack are organising full on weekend for MR2 owners - that you can take part in as much or as little as you like! Based in Northamptonshire near to Rockingham.

Activities
Saturday 22nd September
Activity day, LE16 9UJ.
Depending on uptake, they have available 4x4 off roading (in their vehicles, not your '2 ;)), quad bikes, amphibious vehicles, off road race buggies, clay pidgeon shooting, paintballing). Prices dependent on activity, but an afternoon's worth will be approx £80, or a single activity is approx £40 (again dependent on activity)

Sunday 23rd September
Trackday at Rockingham, NN17 5AF, using the international circuit:
You may have already driven part of the circuit as part of the World Record Attempt earlier this year. Suitable for drivers of all abilities.

Prices:
Full day trackday: £199
Half a day trackday (am or pm): £105
Half day wet grip handling circuit: £129 (full details tbc)
Book with http://www.bookatrack.com (see Rockingham, 23rd Sept). It's not an exclusive event, but I reckon we should be able to take half the day at least with 30 cars ;) details for half days and wet grip to be uploaded on to bookatrack next week

New to trackdays? Instruction is £20 for 20 minutes on circuit, and £30 for 30 minutes on the wet grip. An exclusive ARDS instructor for the whole day is £235.

Not driving? Bring a helmet and you can get passenger rides for free with fellow MR2 owners, and anyone else you can blag a ride with (check bookatracks site for the whole listing of cars that are going to be there).

Support your club
If you are going to make a booking with http://www.bookatrack.com, pm or email me to let me know, and you'll earn your club money! Just tell me you name, bookatrack username, what you are booking (full/half, wet grip)

Grub
Saturday evening
Fully catered BBQ at the accomodation, LE16 9UJ (see further down) £10 per head including some beers (please bring your own to top that up). Vegetarian catered for.

Accomodation
Just 14 miles from the track. If you like your creature comforts, book ASAP! Places in the log cabins and B&B are limited, so are first come first served.
All accomodation is located at the same site, LE16 9UJ.

Prices:
B&B: Choice of double or single, £25 per person per night
Log cabins: Choice of doubles and singles, £50 per person for the whole weekend (arrive earliest Friday afternoon, leave latest Monday morning)
Camping: Unlimited camping, £9 per tent per night, or £11 per tent per night with electric.

Book now to avoid disappointment!
Contact http://www.bookatrack.com to book events in blue
Contact anna (mr2ontrack) for events in green

Who's coming? - full day trackday
1. anna & speedy
2. Tomiam
3. Simarshy
4. Ziggy
5. SystemG & mr2mk1chick
Last edited by anna on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com
mosguido

Re: TRACKDAY and ACTIVITY WEEKEND! *Rockingham 22nd/23rd Sept*

Post by mosguido »

Word. this looks like it will rock pretty hard! very interested in the wet grip facility, let me just ask again, using our own cars right?> :mrgreen: rock on..

have to book this up with mr2s, that'd be awesome
lower

Post by lower »

you do use your own car on the wetgrip.

If bookatrack are still offering the 30 minute options, i'd go for that. Having been on the wetgrip, its good fun. But 30 minutes is more than enough.
Tomiam

Post by Tomiam »

Both myself and my friend (both MR2 owners) have signed up and paid. So yes.. count me +1 in for Sunday please.

AWESOME! :D
anna

Post by anna »

Yep - using your MR2!

Jonny @ Bookatrack wants to try a bit more of a structured thing with the wet grip - hence the half day. Details are tbc, but would involve several sessions out on the wet stuff, and classroom based stuff AFAIK
mosguido

Post by mosguido »

awesome, sounds like lotsa fun, can't beat sliding around in a car in the wet

i've provisionally booked this also, how much will accom be do ya know anna? or is it still being arranged?

Guy
anna

Post by anna »

see above guy ;)

If you are coming for the whole weekend, then the log cabin @ £50 for the whole weekend, B&B for £25 per night, or camping for £9 per night per tent.
I'm taking provisional bookings for this, but am not taking payment yet. Blokey has already bagsied a room :)
System-G

Post by System-G »

Replied in thread on TBP :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

System-G wrote:TBP

glol :mrgreen: :thumleft:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
lower

Post by lower »

anna wrote:Jonny @ Bookatrack wants to try a bit more of a structured thing with the wet grip - hence the half day. Details are tbc, but would involve several sessions out on the wet stuff, and classroom based stuff AFAIK

that might be better. The s2ki club day was the first time bookatrack used the wet grip in anger. It was good fun but the novelty wore off after a while.

The instructors were getting dizzy and sick too from all the spinning.
Turbo-G

Post by Turbo-G »

Looks quite good, may be up for this... show some interest people :thumleft:
mosguido

Post by mosguido »

damn i should have actually read your post eh anna.. cool its looking good tho!
mosguido

Post by mosguido »

bagsie me a room too if you can please! forgot to rear your post again :oops: #-o ](*,)
hicks

Post by hicks »

interested in this

might go for the full weekend.

will speak too lee see about getting in that log cabin
Squizz

Post by Squizz »

D'oh! #-o

We'll be racing in the MR2 Challenge at Silverstone on the Saturday. :roll:

We're also racing the following weekend at Snetterton, so using the car and travelling to/from Rockingham is a bit much to ask... :(

Sorry folks, we won't be joining you. :cry:
anna

Post by anna »

bobbins! you'll have to come to the next one ;)

hicks - you wanna do some 4x4'ing etc? I need minimum numbers and i wanna go play in the mud :twisted:
hicks

Post by hicks »

i like the sound of it all

ill deff go on the full track day on sunday and do at least one activity on the saturday
hicks

Post by hicks »

right,

both me and lee (spittinflames) are up for this but have a few questions.

you say the log cabins are £50 ..... is that for the saturday night? is that per person? how many people can fit in one log cabin?

if you go for the £80 activity day on the saturday what do you get. i deff fancy abit of offroading and paintbaling could be cool..... not too mention the quads.

ill be going for the full track day but lee isnt sure on whether hes doing half or full yet.... is it open pitlane? when is the wet track session on? whats the noise regs at the track and how strict are they? if your black flagged for being too loud do you lose your money?

how much deposit is needed and how do we book?

sorry for all the questions.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Yeah what he said ^^
anna

Post by anna »

hicks wrote:right,

both me and lee (spittinflames) are up for this but have a few questions.

you say the log cabins are £50 ..... is that for the saturday night? is that per person? how many people can fit in one log cabin?

£50 is per person, and for the whole weekend (i.e. 3 nights). This is because the shortest let is 3 days.
I have booked two log cabins. The first has a double room, a room with adult bunks (e.g. two singles), and the lounge has two single sofa beds. The second cabin has one large room with a double and single, and the lounge has a single sofa bed (although the lounge/sofa bed has been reserved in this one).
If you only want to stay one night, it might be worth considering the B&B, or camping options, as they'll be loads cheaper!

if you go for the £80 activity day on the saturday what do you get. i deff fancy abit of offroading and paintbaling could be cool..... not too mention the quads.

£80 is based on the pricing they have sent over to me for three activities (quad biking for 1 hour, blindfold driving 1 hour, and clay pidgeon shooting x 25 clays).

If we get enough people to do an afternoon - then we'd all need to do the same activities (hence activity dependent on price) - if we did quad biking for an hour, 4x4 offroading for an hour, and digger driving, then it'd be approximately £80 per person as well. Although if I can convince someone to bring a 4x4 that we can use, then it'd be cheaper :)
Paintballing is a bit different - i need to find out what the minimum numbers are, but it's a 3.5hour thing for £40! :shock: but i'll have to check that.

ill be going for the full track day but lee isnt sure on whether hes doing half or full yet.... is it open pitlane? when is the wet track session on? whats the noise regs at the track and how strict are they? if your black flagged for being too loud do you lose your money?

It's open pitlane. Wet grip is available am or pm, so you could do half day on track (am), then wet grip in the afternoon (pm) if you wanted.

Noise regs is 105dB. Usually it's up to the circuit how they test and if they test, but if you do get pulled up for it, you can fit a supertrap and they might let you back out. They may black flag you and that will be it though.

how much deposit is needed and how do we book?

sorry for all the questions.

Book your trackday space now on the www.bookatrack.co.uk site - Jonny should have half day and wet grip up there soon (or i'll badger him to death :mrgreen: ), if you pay 50% then you will be booked in, and you'll have to pay the remainder just prior to the day.

For accomodation - i'm not taking payment just yet - but you can bagsie a room if you want. I'll be getting payments about 1 month prior

BBQ and activities- just register your interest now - as we need minimum numbers on the activities, and its the activities people doing the BBQ! If we get enough interest, then i'll book it with them

Return to “Past Events”