Awesome nights driving with 2 porsches

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Awesome nights driving with 2 porsches

Post by Chr15py »

You know how it is, sunny day, new boost controller and lots of clear road. There I was, fiddling away when I caught two sets of light turning right out of needingworth behind me - unmistakeably porsche! So, boost to "high" setting (between 1 and 1.05 bar) and off I tootled slightly off the pace hoping that they would be up for humoring a little white Mr2.
Sure enough they caught up REALLY quickly and kept a suitable distance behind me through the next two villages onto lots of country roads :D .

Coming out of Earith, before I could ready myself for the inevitable, they both screamed past me onto my favorite road and I set out in 'hot' persuit. The roads between Earith and Willingham are fairly straight with a few corners and nice cambers - a little bumpy depending on the speeds you are travalling at (obviously circa 60mph...) but they couldnt't shake me. I put this down to the fact that maybe I knew the road better than the two drivers. Anyhoo, with speeds approaching 60mph, I overtook the back boxter and he flashed to let me in as I passed. I'm now in a pork sandwich and I'm looking on the backend of a caeman (sp - sorry :roll: ).
Unfortunatel, the next village approached far too quickly and we all slowed and tootled through - I thought they might continue so I deceided to go up towards Sutton instead and make my way home (the long way :clap: ). To my pleasure they indicated the same way and I followed the Caemen - boxter in tow through sutton and towards Ramsey. Cue LOTS of 55 - 60mph overtaking between us all with the lead being graciously passed between each of us. Did enjoy leaving a prelude and golf that joined for a few miles behind though :thumleft: .
They indicated and we stopped in Ramsey for a chat. They were both surprised with generally how quick the Mr2 is (to 60mph :wink:) and happy that it wasn't a N/A :lol:
Really good evening and well worth the 1/3 of a tank used playing :thumleft:

Bit long winded but thought I'd share.
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
Kongaroo

Re: Awesome nights driving with 2 porsches

Post by Kongaroo »

Chr15py wrote:I'm now in a pork sandwich and I'm looking on the backend of a caeman (sp - sorry :roll: )

I like your powers of description! :lol:
Sounds like you had a great time - nice one :thumleft:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Kongaroo wrote:
Chr15py wrote:I'm now in a pork sandwich and I'm looking on the backend of a caeman (sp - sorry :roll: )

I like your powers of description! :lol:
Sounds like you had a great time - nice one :thumleft:

Nice story.
Again I love the descritpion, as resisting the urge to change your text to:

Chr15py wrote:I'm now in a pork sandwich and I'm looking in the backend of a caveman (sp - sorry :roll: )

I know, I'm childish LOL
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

I have always taken great pleasure in keeping Porsche driver's feet on the ground - I love that the Turbo holds its own against pretty much anything bar exotica...

My favourite the other week was owning a gangstaaaa in a black AMG CL Mercedes. He thought he was the man at the lights and was glaring at me out of the open window with his garage music (if you can call it music) rattling my windows.

Lights went to green and within a very short space of time he found himself three car lengths behind with a great view of my big HKS twin exhaust ha ha. I slowed down after that an he went blasting on at about 10,000mph, through a red light and I imagine back in time judging from how fast he was going! I think he was a tad upset! RUUUUDE BWOOOIIIII!

Sounds like you had a good blast with those two Porsches - I love goo natured fun like that. I like the sense of comeraderie amongst enthusiasts!
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Sounds like you had a good blast with those two Porsches - I love goo natured fun like that. I like the sense of comeraderie amongst enthusiasts!

Plus those Porker owners had the good fortune to meet the down to earth and friendly Chr15py! :mrgreen: 8) If I'm ever out with Chris for a bit of a spirited drive he always keeps a safe distance and never drives like a d1ck. This is what it's all about :thumleft:
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

mattcambs wrote:

Plus those Porker owners had the good fortune to meet the down to earth and friendly Chr15py! :mrgreen: 8) If I'm ever out with Chris for a bit of a spirited drive he always keeps a safe distance and never drives like a d1ck. This is what it's all about :thumleft:

I concur - no tailgating or stupid overtaking... Makes for good fun.

The amount of times that I've been having some spirited fun with someone and they have done something stupid - really scares me.

I was following a TT over Woodhead pass one day (well I wasn't anyway) driving fairly quickly. We soon get stuck behind a little convoy of 4 cars so I eased off. He was swerving from left to right behind the last car in the convoy and then without warning just lurches out and overtakes all four through a sequence of totally blind bends. I couldn't believe it - he was so lucky he didn't kill anyone. What a tw*t.
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

there are some decent porche owners out there, i was cruising around our local bypass when a black 07 plate 966 cerera s gave me a flash as if to say come on then mate, i pottled upto the next roundabout then unleashed full boost on hes ar$e, after the 3rd rd about he was well quite a way away, he followed me into town and pulled me over he got out laughing saying i thought it was just a kit car with no go but when u went i wasnt catching u at all what the feps in that thing lmao he was a real nice guy and was genuinly shocked at how well the mr2 handeled and went.... we chatted for about 15 mins in the end he asked the purchase price which i told him to hes reply was well seems iv just waisted £70k lol real down to eather nice chap :thumleft:
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

Chr15py wrote:There I was, fiddling away when....

Hmmmm..... :-k

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Good story :thumleft:

I had a little play with a 911 a while back. A very modern one, didnt look like a turbo though. Speed wasnt an issue, I matched it for that. But the level of grip those things have is outstanding.

Oh and by the way - it's Caymen ;)

Much nicer than the Boxters, dont you think?
steve b

Post by steve b »

I met I nice chap today in a 996 turbo at Goodwood, very, very fast through the bends in the damp matched by nothing else at the trackday. He did come and enquire about my mx5 though as he said he's used to catching people out of bends and just booting it past them and he had to do a double take when half way down the straight I was still only half a length behind him :D
craig

Post by craig »

Nice story there mate. sound like a couple of nice porsche owners :thumleft:
C50

Post by C50 »

Well described dude :thumleft: Feels like i'm actually there! :)
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

60 mph.....hmm :-k :lol: :oldtongue: Itchy chin!!! :oldtongue: :lol:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

2Crooky wrote:60 mph.....hmm :-k :lol: :oldtongue: Itchy chin!!! :oldtongue: :lol:

Chinny rec-Kon

Bee-arrrd!
jim55

Post by jim55 »

i so much want a turbo :pray: im driving an n/a just now and these stories hammewr it home .theres no way i could even keep up with most of these cars(porsches and the like .my mates got a new shape golf td(gti) mapped to 297bhp but the torque is prob even more.i drove it last week and was seriously impressed ,it really goes well -fast,smooth very quiet and its gonna b cheap to run .he drove mine (rev3 n/a)and to put it bluntly he thought it was gonna b a lot faster (read poo :-$ )whats the stats on these any body know ??saving grace his car was £10400 standard and hes spent a few quid on it ,and oh yeah ,,the mr2 looks btr 8)
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

Wow that was a resurrection.

Did u typo the 297bhp out of a TDI golf?
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Scotster wrote:Wow that was a resurrection.

Did u typo the 297bhp out of a TDI golf?

:lol:

197 tops, but even that's doubtful!

A standard 150 PD Golf would probably give an NA a run for its money. 70mph - 100mph in-gear acceleration is very impressive on these.
jim55

Post by jim55 »

maybe its n/m of tourque he meant ,a 300 bhp diesel golf is not very common ,but regardless it went like f!"£.i would think an mr2 (any variant)would have a hard time with one of them
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

had a porsche following me most of the way to GTSChris's on Saturday but he was keeping back, either I was popping big flames out or he knew the awsome power of the MR2 Turbo lol but most probably because of the amount of speed cameras on that Newcastle road!!! :mrgreen:
ryangt

Post by ryangt »

1.2 bar and your away would a rev3 be faster running 300bhp??

Return to “Driving Experiences”