[Mk2] [Turbo] What turbo adapter flange do i need?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chriminator100

[Mk2] [Turbo] What turbo adapter flange do i need?

Post by chriminator100 »

Hi all,
Ive just got a gt28rs, Do i get a t3/t4 manifold adapter to fit it to the standard tubby manifold?? also, what diameter should a standard rev1 fuel rail be drilled out to for 800cc injectors ? many thanks. chris :lol:
EarL

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What turbo adapter flange do i need?

Post by EarL »

Depends on what type footprint the turbo has mate. Could be a T28 or T3/T4.

Also, on the subject of the fuel rail, you'll be better off getting an aftermarket or pre prepared rail than boring it out yourself. Check the prices of WolfKatz rails on xxxx site.

http://xxxx/catalog/p ... cts_id=123

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

wolfkatz rail and injector packages - top quality stuff. still, some people seem ti do okay with bored out rails. think ATS do modified rails. but, for quality item - i gotta agree with earl
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Noubt wrong with boring out as long as its done properly.

Just don't try in on your piller drill or with aa handheld :lol:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Tim-B

Post by Tim-B »

If you've just bought the turbocharger you might have problems putting together a kit as you'll need a T25 footprint manifold adaptor to bolt to the standard exhaust manifold but no-one sells this seperatly from there package turbo kits.

You'll also need a custom downpipe, and all the oil feed/drain and coolant lines need to be custom. custom actuator brackets will be needed as the garrett ones hit the gearbox, The top intercooler pipe won't line up properly either as you need a custom bracket to shift it all across slightly to match the different fitting position.

Tim

Return to “Modifications”