[Mk2] [Turbo] type-r

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

uezzell

[Mk2] [Turbo] type-r

Post by uezzell »

Hi i had a race with a civic type-r the other day and only just had an edge on him i thought i would pass him easy. it wasn't from stand i was in third gear and tried passing him. anyone else had a race with one? and how did you do?
mr2nut123

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] type-r

Post by mr2nut123 »

uezzell wrote:Hi i had a race with a civic type-r the other day and only just had an edge on him i thought i would pass him easy. it wasn't from stand i was in third gear and tried passing him. anyone else had a race with one? and how did you do?

If hes supercharged it they can be fairly quick and you certaintly wouldnt pass unless you had a modded tubby
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Moved to driving experiences (obviously since thats where you're reading this)
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
IronMike

Post by IronMike »

mates got a supercharged one and it done the 1/4 mile in 13.4. it just keeps reving as its got a aftermarket ECU is well. Got LSD fitted is well so not only goes well in a straight lne ;)
uezzell

Post by uezzell »

what about a non super charged one i should beat that right?
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

uezzell wrote:what about a non super charged one i should beat that right?

Without a doubt. Up to 60 not much in it, then you should be gliding away quite easily. Past double figures he shouldn't have a chance.
ali_asam

Post by ali_asam »

Well I raced one up to 140 ish on the motorway, was really impressed, as he gave me a hard time, but I was close behind him, leaving no space between his car and mine, slowly edging past him, but not too quickly though. He gave me the thumbs up, I am assuming his was standard, as mine is!

On the other hand i've raced one from a standing start, wasn't impressed, as I left it behind, really far behind, same for the S2000!

Remember the V-Tech engines really do wake up in the latter revs, so they become quite interesting with a supercharger, as it fills the early revs!
lower

Post by lower »

ali_asam wrote:

On the other hand i've raced one from a standing start, wasn't impressed, as I left it behind, really far behind, same for the S2000!

which basically means the other drivers weren't trying or didn't use VTEC properly.
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

TBH i'd of thouht stock for stock civic type r you should beat, s2000 could more easily go either way though. turbo has the torque, but vtec has on-and-on-and-on revability through the gears.
DiddyMR2

Post by DiddyMR2 »

You should chew up and spit out a CTR mate

0-60 of a standard rev2 tubbie is 5.7 and I've seen my car hit it once or twice on an agressive launch and the CTR is in the late 6s to 60.

I would have thought a tubbie would slay a CTR
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

ali_asam wrote:Well I raced one up to 140 ish on the motorway, was really impressed, as he gave me a hard time, but I was close behind him, leaving no space between his car and mine, slowly edging past him, but not too quickly though. He gave me the thumbs up, I am assuming his was standard, as mine is!

Remember the V-Tech engines really do wake up in the latter revs, so they become quite interesting with a supercharger, as it fills the early revs!

A rev3 tubby would anihilate a standard ctr. if your struggling past 100 your either in the wrong gear or theres something wrong with the car. Heck. my standard rev2 tubby was pulling away from them
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

is the tubby still limited ?
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

splashnatz wrote:is the tubby still limited ?

It must be limited to 80mph if he cant pull on a ctr! Its a rev3 tubby and my rev2 could pee on one easily (in a straight line that is :wink: ) in corners you will have your work cut out especially in the wet.
ali_asam

Post by ali_asam »

A rev3 tubby would anihilate a standard ctr. if your struggling past 100 your either in the wrong gear or theres something wrong with the car. Heck. my standard rev2 tubby was pulling away from them[/quote]

Well when we were both doing the same speed (say 140) Neither of us could pass, but when slowing down for whatever reason, then accelerating again, I did get ahead of him, but not like how I did to the other guy from a standing start, which made me realise that they aint as bad as I first made them out to be. Hence making me respect them more.

Yes my car is standard, but it is running fine, as I have had a go against a Boxster S, 911 (non-turbo), M3 coupe 95 version and gave them all a hard time, making me smile! And on the other hand rather upset when I toyed with a sierra cossie!!! Anyway thats a story not to be told!!!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

ali_asam wrote:A rev3 tubby would anihilate a standard ctr. if your struggling past 100 your either in the wrong gear or theres something wrong with the car. Heck. my standard rev2 tubby was pulling away from them

Well when we were both doing the same speed (say 140) Neither of us could pass, but when slowing down for whatever reason, then accelerating again, I did get ahead of him, but not like how I did to the other guy from a standing start, which made me realise that they aint as bad as I first made them out to be. Hence making me respect them more.

Yes my car is standard, but it is running fine, as I have had a go against a Boxster S, 911 (non-turbo), M3 coupe 95 version and gave them all a hard time, making me smile! And on the other hand rather upset when I toyed with a sierra cossie!!! Anyway thats a story not to be told!!!

I make boxster S look stupid now :lol: They get so pi$$ed off cos they couldnt afford a real one (i.e. 911 turbo)
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ali_asam

Post by ali_asam »

I remember the look on the guys face, he looked at me from the corner of his eye, as he clearly underestimated my cars ability. Well he did roll his window down after having a couple of attempts of trying to shake me off, nevertheless he still complimented my car, which was many of the times I have been proud of my car.
uezzell

Post by uezzell »

splashnatz wrote:is the tubby still limited ?

yer it is still limited.

found that out yesterday when i raced a new focus ST kept up with him and hit the limiter slowed me right down.

Return to “Driving Experiences”