[Mk2] [Generic] Laserline alarm siren

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fletch

[Mk2] [Generic] Laserline alarm siren

Post by Fletch »

Hi Everyone,
Having some issue with the siren on my alarm, i'm pretty sure its a laserline 996. The indicators still flash etc but no sound. I looked in the manual and i have switched it between having the siren active and inactive so I know its not that. Has anyone else had this problem, if so how did you fix it.

Cheers. Craig
grayboy

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Laserline alarm siren

Post by grayboy »

i had something similar with my lazerline , ive always had the sound of the beeps but oneday when changing the battery the sound went ( i prefer this ) and then i had to disconect the battery for another reason and when it reconnected the sound was back again -
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

i know the answer to this.. i have done it with mine on many occasions.. give me a lil time to rember what i did and ill get back to u.

just to confirm, is your key thob a 2 button?? top one is panic and bottom is lock / unlock?

if so, i rember the answer to be something like, get in car, shut doors, key in ignition and onto 'ignition on' , then open driver door and press the door lock/unlock button.

ill double check and get back to u.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Hi Ryan, I have tried doing the ignition on, door open technique and the led's flash to let me know that sound should be activated but no sound is made. I will try and disconnect the battery for abit liek grayboy suggested. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!! Cheers. Fletch
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

humm.. well thats how mine works.. you get in , close door, ignition on, Open door, then click the door open/shut button.

have you got the instruction booklet? if not , tell me your email addy and ill forward a copy.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Hi Ryan, yeah i followed the instructions in the booklet, and the led flashes as the booklet says once to have the alarm with the sound and twice without the sound. Do you know if you can just replace the sound box?
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

Fletch wrote:Hi Ryan, yeah i followed the instructions in the booklet, and the led flashes as the booklet says once to have the alarm with the sound and twice without the sound. Do you know if you can just replace the sound box?

Sure can let me know if it is a 996

Ian
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Hi Ian,
Yeah its a 996 v3, how much would one of those sound boxes set me back? Cheers. Craig
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER

Post by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER »

About £50 delivered

Ian
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Just to let everyone know, I got a new siren off Ian for my alarm and it has solved the problem. Cheers Ian.
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

Laserline have a lifetime guarantee, don't know what it covers but i sent my siren off to them for possible battery drain, they checked it, found it was draining, replaced the rechargable battery in the siren and posted it back, only cost me £5 to post it to them.

Return to “ICE and Security”