MK2 EXIGE STYLE ENGINE BAY COVER £270 INC DELIVERY!

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RalliMart

engine bay cover question??

Post by RalliMart »

All sounds very good. Are there any lovely pictures to look at yet bud??
Also one other thing....so im guesing from previous posts that there is no way of actually locking your engine bay down then.
Dont get me wrong i love these and im a knats nacker away from getting one but whats to stop some scroat cumin along with a screw driver opening her up and stripping all the shiney bits out for ebay???!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Re: MK2 EXIGE STYLE ENGINE BAY COVER £270 INC DELIVERY!

Post by monkeyra »

Nah, haven't had time to get it to a garage for spraying, been flat-out at work.

As for the fixings, i've been wondering about some kind of anti-theft screws, as my car is left on the road...

Haven't found anything yet, and I'm reluctant to fit it until I do find something!
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Wonder if these would be any good ?
http://www.brycefastener.com/keyedlok.htm
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Cor, nice find there mate!

That might be just what i'm after :thumleft:

Thanks!
gltdmatt

Post by gltdmatt »

have you fitted your drift lid yet matey? im a little confused on the mountings. i know a coupld of the brackets go on where the hinges would be for the original engine lid. and the top to are supposed to go into where the brake light is on imports. just looking to see if anyone has fitted theirs yet and could give me some advice? if anyone is still interested in these, they are on ebay as mr2 drift engine lids. £175 plus p and p. on eguy on here did an offer of £150 and got it and i did an offer of £130 (£155 inc postage) and it was accepted. go go go
Last edited by gltdmatt on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

lol, no, I haven't yet. I've been working my ass off, and have spent a few weeks on holiday in the Caribbean. \:D/

I will get it sprayed and fitted over the xmas break though without a doubt, i've got quite a few jobs I need to get done to the car :thumleft:
gltdmatt

Post by gltdmatt »

doh, i have to sell mine before i even get the chance to spray it and fit it because of SEVERE money issues. Xmas........bah humbug :mad:
ANYONE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS, ITS IN THE FOR SALE SECTION OR JUST PM ME.
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Well, it's all sprayed are ready to fit, just can't find any damn security fixings :(

The ones from the states require a bulk purchase, I only need 6 of the buggers.
chopshop-1

Post by chopshop-1 »

hi guys i make the engine lids if you want some more bolts pm me and ill sort you out.
chopshop-1

Post by chopshop-1 »

gltdmatt wrote:have you fitted your drift lid yet matey? im a little confused on the mountings. i know a coupld of the brackets go on where the hinges would be for the original engine lid. and the top to are supposed to go into where the brake light is on imports. just looking to see if anyone has fitted theirs yet and could give me some advice? if anyone is still interested in these, they are on ebay as mr2 drift engine lids. £175 plus p and p. on eguy on here did an offer of £150 and got it and i did an offer of £130 (£155 inc postage) and it was accepted. go go go

hi guys just to let you know that our engine lid can no longer be lowerd to that price as the brackets have become vary expensive to produce. sorry :eye:
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

chopshop-1 wrote:
gltdmatt wrote:have you fitted your drift lid yet matey? im a little confused on the mountings. i know a coupld of the brackets go on where the hinges would be for the original engine lid. and the top to are supposed to go into where the brake light is on imports. just looking to see if anyone has fitted theirs yet and could give me some advice? if anyone is still interested in these, they are on ebay as mr2 drift engine lids. £175 plus p and p. on eguy on here did an offer of £150 and got it and i did an offer of £130 (£155 inc postage) and it was accepted. go go go

hi guys just to let you know that our engine lid can no longer be lowerd to that price as the brackets have become vary expensive to produce. sorry :eye:

So how much can you do them for now?
chopshop-1

Post by chopshop-1 »

£150+post
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Post = what?

What colour are they finished in? (I only ask because most FRP is white but these were shown as nearly black in the original photos.)
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

I'm pretty sure they can be black or white. When I went to collect mine, I mentioned that I was going to spray it in black, and he said they could have done it in black. I'm pretty sure thats how the conversation went?
chopshop-1

Post by chopshop-1 »

hi i can do them black or white up to you?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Carbon fibre be better :D Is it possible? How long till you have a FG one available if CF not possible?
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

chopshop-1 wrote:hi i can do them black or white up to you?

Do you have any good photos of your product fitted? Unpainted is fine (I'm after black.)
chopshop-1

Post by chopshop-1 »

Chris wrote:Carbon fibre be better :D Is it possible? How long till you have a FG one available if CF not possible?
hi there is a 2 week wait on them and im going to try to do one in carbon next month but not sure how thay will come out as its not an easy job to do
gltdmatt

Post by gltdmatt »

i was gonna have a go at doing one in carbon fibre myself
Chris

Post by Chris »

Well as soon as carbon one done if any good finish/fit I will have it :thumleft: If not fibreglass will do in black gloss.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”