Ordering from twosrus.co.uk

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

waynestoyotamr2

Ordering from twosrus.co.uk

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

I know the above company is pretty well established around MR2 circles..........but what are peoples experiences of ordering from twosrus?

Thumbs up or thumbs down?
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
luthor1

Re: Ordering from twosrus.co.uk

Post by luthor1 »

bushes

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

never had a bad buying experience from twosrus.co.uk.
MK_Steve

Post by MK_Steve »

Had to wait more than a week for my brake discs, despite paying for next day delivery.

Still, quality product, and I am currently trying to purchase a set for the front - if he would only answer his emails! ](*,)

Think he gets very busy sometimes, but then, that is usually a good sign, and alot of peeps have nothing but praise for his services.

Steve
jont

Post by jont »

IIRC twosrus.co.uk is a portal for quite a few companies, so experiences may differ slightly. FWIW I ordered a couple of bits from Sbits through twosrus. Website implied they were in stock, but actually one of the bits wasn't and took a couple of weeks to arrive. Wouldn't stop me using him again though.

Jon
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Thanks for the messages, I ordered some Mk1b rear tie bars, and despite it stating that they were in stock - it has now been over 3 weeks since date of original order.

I have been chasing sbits over the phone, but continually getting told "will ship today" etc.....

Oh well, will just cross my fingers I guess!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
MartG

Post by MartG »

Usually :thumleft:

But have been waiting over a week now for a reply to a query I sent them :(
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Do they have a presence on the IMOC? may be worth PM'ing one of them and asking them to contribute to this thread and help sort all this out. I had no probs, but I would be 5 thumbs down if I'd waiting for 3 weeks for *ANYTHING* these days. Especially a car part, usually when we order car parts they are contributing to the safety of our vehicle, and a couple of long waits for a suspension part we *NEED* can keep our cars off the road and cause real probs. I know if I don't have my car then my life becomes a complete and utter nightmare. I *NEED* it, it's not an option, it HAS to work or I can't.
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

The only issue I've had with twosrus has been mentioned above - items reported to be in stock on the website but in fact they aren't.

It won't stop me buying from there in the future, though. You know you're getting quality products and service and years of MR2 experience. If and when things do go wrong, from what I've seen Peter always does the honourable thing.

I've found that when I've phoned Peter has always bent over backwards to try to sort things out and kept me up do date with the progress of the item.

He's one of the most helpful guys I've come across, bar none. For example, I sheared a suspension bolt off a few days before Christmas, couldn't find any in stock anywhere - phoned Peter and he put a couple he had lying around his workshop in the post FOC.

I think there may have been a bit of a backlog built up recently as 1) Peter's a popular and very busy guy and 2) I think there have been some family issues he had to sort out. AFAIK he's working hard to get through it all, if he hasn't already.
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

Never had a problem myself, ordered a few things in the past and ALWAYS arrived around 2-3 days later. :thumleft:
iblis

Post by iblis »

Replacement aerial mast :thumleft:
Stretchermunkey

Post by Stretchermunkey »

Had a few bits from S-bits and never had any problems, and as JMachling mentioned earlier, peter will always bend over backwards to help, but he is very busy, and concequently difficult to get hold of sometimes. Hope you get sorted.
Steve
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

My s-bits service was excellent.

Ordered my parts on the monday, on my car by the wednesday :)

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Wish more online companies gave the support and service that i received.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Really good.
Ordered the parts.
Were delivered 2 days later.
Was really impressed, the bits turned up before other stuff I had ordered before palcing the order with twosrus.

:thumleft:
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
pez

Post by pez »

I ordered a few things from them and was happy with the service. :thumleft:
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

There are several companies who sell through Twosrus. Peter at Sbits is just one, I sell my delimiters through there, there are other contributors also. There is an option on the site to see which company you are actually buying from, so it depends on what you are buying as to what service you get. Remember that we have to go onto the website to update our stock levels and they may not reflect exactly what the situation really is, so if you have to wait for something to come in it may mean you wait a little longer for your order.

We are all MR2 enthusiasts and dedicated to looking after you guys, we try our best.
ryan

Post by ryan »

I ordered a couple of things from twosrus a fair bit ago, and there was a bit of a breakdown along the way mainly because I paid by norchex I think, instead of paypal? Spoke to Peter G and he was helpful enough about it all.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”