Rev5 Carbon Blade Spoilers

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dannyroids

Rev5 Carbon Blade Spoilers

Post by dannyroids »

Just gathering interest really seeing how many people may be interested.

For a while now i have been after a Carbon Blade spoiler and when i heard of the REV5 spoiler with a carbon blade i began trying to source one.

I found a supplier not far from me in Loughborough by the name of EP Racing http://www.epracing.co.uk i was recommended to call Jeff from EP racing by a guy off of MR2OC.co.uk

He stated that they do supply the Carbon Blade Rev5 Spoiler and for a single unit it was £295 delivered.

If we can get 10 people to go in for one he would drop it to £270 delivered and if we could get 15 he would drop it to £250 delivered. This would include all fixings, Fiberglass end parts, Carbon End Caps and the Carbon Blade.

He did state that the parts were made and imported from their Factory in Japan so if we were to give it the go ahead and let him know and pay funds by the end of April then they should be here by Early July in time for JAE as he stated.

As for Pics of the spoiler he said he didnt have any to hand but did send me over some pics of the fiberglass rev5 spoiler he had in stock and also a pic of the quality of the carbon he is producing. Also i have attached a pic of Spacemans Spoiler from MR2oc to give you an idea of how it would look. (please note that it would only be the blade as the ends will be fiberglass) (Thanks Steve :thumleft: )

Who would be interested? :-k

Danny

Greddyl30pjg

Re: Rev5 Carbon Blade Spoilers

Post by Greddyl30pjg »

Im interested bud-providing its only the blade thats carbon fibre and not the whole spoiler as pictured??????
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Greddyl30pjg wrote:Im interested bud-providing its only the blade thats carbon fibre and not the whole spoiler as pictured??????

Also need to clarify whether its part carbon or full carbon on the blade. There is a long thread on mr2oc.com where a vendor supplied REV 5 carbon rear wings but only carbon the top of the blade and not all the way round!

HTH
Greddyl30pjg

Post by Greddyl30pjg »

lol thats abit shocking! like i said mate-providing its only the blade (the whole blade!) thats carbon i'll go for one. My cars black you see, ive seen a few full carbon rev 5 spoilers on black cars and it doesn't look very good in my opinion but i can imagine it looking brill with just the blade being carbon fibre-subtle
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

Greddyl30pjg wrote:Im interested bud-providing its only the blade thats carbon fibre and not the whole spoiler as pictured??????

Hey Pete,

It is ONLY the BLADE this is carbon fiber, the ends are fiberglass. As for the Blade being full carbon im 100% sure it is, but ill drop a mail down to Jeff tonight just to confirm. you are right...I think that the carbon blade with the fiberglass ends looks 8)

P.S Where in Leics you based?

Danny
Greddyl30pjg

Post by Greddyl30pjg »

Im in Measham-a village kind of between coalville/ashby-de-la-zouch/Burton on trent and tamworth. You familiar with this area?? Very interested then bud-will he provide a painting service? (obviously at extra cost). If you dont mind keeping me posted with any pics/info....?? Cheers
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

im not too familiar with that area, im around the Leicester/Melton side of the county.

i dont think he will provide a painting service, it will just be delivered ready to prime and paint etc. ill keep you posted with regards to weather it goes ahead or not depending on interest!
Greddyl30pjg

Post by Greddyl30pjg »

k then bud-thanks, look forwards to hearing from you soon...bye for now
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

ok just putting up a list to keep a note of numbers...

1.Dannyroids
2.Greddyl30pjg

Add your name if interested. . .
RedWitch

Post by RedWitch »

Me
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

1.Dannyroids
2.Greddyl30pjg
3.Mike
stevie_mr2

Post by stevie_mr2 »

1.Dannyroids
2.Greddyl30pjg
3.Mike
4.stevie (provisional, i aint rich atm!)
steve

Post by steve »

Danny, could you see if he will sell just the sides in fibreglass? :-k

i think if i ever put the spoiler back on i'll colour code the sides. if they're cheap enough i'd rather get another set of sides - so i dont destroy the carbon ones \:D/

cheers
Steve
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

steve wrote:Danny, could you see if he will sell just the sides in fibreglass? :-k

i think if i ever put the spoiler back on i'll colour code the sides. if they're cheap enough i'd rather get another set of sides - so i dont destroy the carbon ones \:D/

cheers
Steve

Hey Steve,

ill drop him a mail tomorrow with regards to this mate.

Danny
steve

Post by steve »

cool, cheers mate :D
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Ive spoke to Jeff before... (I fowarded his details on OC as I was interested at 1 point)

You have the choice on gettin the spoilers full carbon or with the sides as just fiberglass...all same price tho...no savings on carbon sides.
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

juliankv73 wrote:

Also need to clarify whether its part carbon or full carbon on the blade. There is a long thread on mr2oc.com where a vendor supplied REV 5 carbon rear wings but only carbon the top of the blade and not all the way round!

HTH

Jeff mailed me today and confirmed its Wet Lay carbon with lacquer and resin ontop and all the spoiler is covered from top to bottom in Carbon.
stevie_mr2

Post by stevie_mr2 »

bump for list.

just to clarify i'm definitely after a carbon blade and fibrelgass ends.... not really a group buy if we're all buying different stuff is it :???:

1.Dannyroids
2.Greddyl30pjg
3.Mike
4.stevie (provisional, i aint rich atm!)
mb

Post by mb »

very interested but no way I could commit to paying before may, please keep me as a potential depending on how this group buy progresses. thanks!
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

what is that last pic? looks like an engine lid!! ??

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”