[Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone Striped the A/C?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mishadbull

[Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone Striped the A/C?

Post by mishadbull »

Hey all,

I am in the middle of striping my a/c and re-hosing mt CC set up. I have the condenser, filter dryer (receiver), the evaporator, and all the lines up to this point out (starting at the front and working back.) I was wondering if anyone else has ditched theirs and if so did they also get rid of the electrical bits. If I leave either the high pressure switch or the low pressure switch disconnected the second rad fan kicks on high with ignition. I was wondering if I disconnected the A/C amplifier (the black box on the side of the cooling unit) and the associated harnesses if it would stop controlling the fan completely. I still would like the ECU to be able kick up the fan if it can do so currently, I have never had any cooling problems but don't want to create any either.
So after I strip out the mechanical system I would like to get rid of as much of the associate wiring bits as posible.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

ps I will be gone for the next week so if I dont answer I will be back on the 7th or so!

:eye:
tops

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone Striped the A/C?

Post by tops »

you can link 2 wires together and it will work as normal and only run when engine gets hot, carnt remember which wires now though as it was a while ago i did it, i ran the wires into the car and fitted them on a switch so if you want you can turn the fan/fans on manually.
do some testing with a multi meter, think it will only stop running if you conect the right 2 wires together.
Ja99a

CC pipes

Post by Ja99a »

TBH I had this exact same problem, I just removed the switch from the housing and plugged it onto the wire, I binned all of the other aircon related stuff, as for the idle selonoid and other electrical parts etc I just left it in place.

If you discover the correct wires to extend etc I would appreciate it if you PMed me the info.

Oh by the way its a real b1tch threading the pipework through where the aircon pipes originally get routed, but it keeps things much neater.

Return to “Modifications”