[Mk2] [Turbo] Changing downpipe to decat - bolts needed

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mark239

[Mk2] [Turbo] Changing downpipe to decat - bolts needed

Post by mark239 »

Hi,

I'm buying a downpipe that doesnt come as part of a kit (Its the £155 xspower one)

I'm obviously going to need a gasket and bolts to bolt it on to the exhaust manifold.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these so I can get them from the dealer, or does anyone know where I can get them?
Spittinflames

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Changing downpipe to decat - bolts needed

Post by Spittinflames »

I reused my gasket as its metal i dont see it doing any harm and it dosnet blow.

As for any other bolts, you shouldnt need any... Unless you cut some off or snap some, Luckily this never happened for me.
mark239

Post by mark239 »

I'd like to get a new set, as I just know somethnig will go wrong :)

How many bolts are top side? Also - did you use a support bracket?
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

If i remember correctly there are 7 studs top side :-k

No support bracket and it's still fine :thumleft:
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

i replaced my gasket as it was fractured in 3 places lol. you might need nuts and bolts for the bottom of the downpipe to bolt the exhaust on as the cats have studs, dont think the downpipes come studded
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

i have also got downpipe and i am after bolts and gaskets just in case want to be prepared any help would be good. ](*,)
Turbo-G

Post by Turbo-G »

mark239 wrote:Hi,

I'm buying a downpipe that doesnt come as part of a kit (Its the £155 xspower one)

I'm obviously going to need a gasket and bolts to bolt it on to the exhaust manifold.

Does anyone know the part numbers for these so I can get them from the dealer, or does anyone know where I can get them?

Well for starters the downpipe does not bolt to the exhaust manifold, it bolts to the exhaust discharge flange of the turbo. Also it uses nuts as the turbo is studded.

Just walk in to Toyota give them your chassis and model number and they will be able to find the part numbers on the computer, no need to come equipped with the part numbers before hand...
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Go to Toyota dude...

Rev3 nuts... 90179-10208 (7 Required)
Rev3 Gasket... 17279-88480

I used my old ones.... the elbow nearly fell of after a 1000 miles, all the nuts had disappeared bar 2!! :shock: It was literally hanging in there.. :shock:
mark239

Post by mark239 »

Turbo-G wrote:
mark239 wrote:Hi,

Well for starters the downpipe does not bolt to the exhaust manifold, it bolts to the exhaust discharge flange of the turbo. Also it uses nuts as the turbo is studded.

Just walk in to Toyota give them your chassis and model number and they will be able to find the part numbers on the computer, no need to come equipped with the part numbers before hand...

I had a 30 minute discussion that almost turned into an argument at the toyota dealer earlier, as he insisted there were 3 bolts...hence the ask for part numbers!

Re the exhaust manifold, just used to saying that as I've been working on n/a cars all my life!

Return to “Modifications”