[Mk2] [Turbo] camber adjustment bolts

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevek

[Mk2] [Turbo] camber adjustment bolts

Post by stevek »

Hi has anyone fitted the camber adjustment bolts that are available?.i have had the four wheel tracking done but the inside of the front tyres are bald over four centimetres from the edge the guy who did it insists it was correct.so if he has set it correctly it seems that i need some of these bolts.the car has been lowered and has 17 inch j7 wheels.Regards Steve
3sgte

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] camber adjustment bolts

Post by 3sgte »

i fitted them , made a world of difference to tyre wear . paid for itself in 1000 miles :thumleft:
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

Did you use the OEM camber bolts with fixed adjustment or go for the more adjustable EZ style cam bolts? What other alternatives of manufaturer are there?
stevek

Post by stevek »

Thanks for the reply after asking around think i will use the ez cam bolts from sbits Regards Steve
jrleech

Post by jrleech »

I had some EZ style bolts (can't remember what make, but they were branded ones from the US) on my Mk1 a few years back.... one of the front ones snapped on me, and the wheel folded under the car. Fortunately I was reversing at the time, but had previously (couple of hours) been hairing round the Scotish Highland roads :shock:

Given the reduction in diameter of the bolt, and the critical nature of it's role in holding your wheels upright, I'll never fit one again.

I'd go with OEM camber bolts, as the bolt diameter isn't nearly as compromised....
stevek

Post by stevek »

Thanks for the info so it seems i may have to put some more thought into this then.Regards Steve
stevek

Post by stevek »

Just an update regarding which bolts to use i spoke to pete at sbits he said if i was using the car for track days it would pay me to fit the cam type bolts as the adjustment range is greater as i will only be using it on the road he suggests the oem toyota camber bolts will be fine.
Regards Steve
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

I have a set of Ingalls camber bolts for the front of my two as one wheel has about 0 degrees camber and the other is about a degree positive. It looks stupid and must affect the handling!

But after reading this im a little unsure as to waether or not i should fit them? I use the car on the road and have the stiffest suspension i have felt! Apexi N1 coilovers which ar sure to put more stress on the bolts!?!

What would you guys suggest?
dj_davo

Post by dj_davo »

Matty_GTS wrote:I have a set of Ingalls camber bolts for the front of my two as one wheel has about 0 degrees camber and the other is about a degree positive. It looks stupid and must affect the handling!

But after reading this im a little unsure as to waether or not i should fit them? I use the car on the road and have the stiffest suspension i have felt! Apexi N1 coilovers which ar sure to put more stress on the bolts!?!

What would you guys suggest?

I'd suggest looking at why you have such a camber difference?
I too had a similar problem some time ago and discovered it was my top mount.
I'm all for playing with your camber settings but wouldn't use adjustable bolts as a way of curing what could be another problem, first.

HTH :thumleft:

p.s get 'em from sbits.

Return to “Modifications”