Topic about wheel arches...

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

FrankBelgium

Topic about wheel arches...

Post by FrankBelgium »

Sorry folks,

You've really got a lot of patience to aswer these questions again and again...But I really need your opinion! [-o<
I'm from Belgium and still a student, so not a lot of money...I want to repair the wheel arches of my MK1a, I will have the funds this winter. I looked at the topic about the Cherry arches but I want my beauty as original as possible!!!
So I looked up the JDG panels, I assume it's about 450€ for both sides, are they really worth it??
The other possibility is to buy new arches from Toyota but it's 400€ each side and I think too much work for the little rust spots I have...
So what would you do assuming the arches must be shipped to Belgium...
Thanks again guys!

Cheers
Frank
alfiembra

Re: Topic about wheel arches...

Post by alfiembra »

I got these from Germany which might be easier for you and might be in your budget, they are not a perfect match and do need a bit of work to make them fit but they are closer to the original profile than the cherry arches.

These panels are similar to the square edges of the original arch whereas the cherry is a more rounded profile, the bodyshop that fitted them for me commented that they were a heavier gauge of metal than most repair panels they fit.

http://www.toyota-heaven.de/1106100.htm

Good Luck with your repairs

Alfiembra
cartledge_uk

Re: Topic about wheel arches...

Post by cartledge_uk »

If they are only small spots you could do a minor sand back, treat and fill.

It'll be back within a year, but will save a lot of cash on the temporary basis

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”