K-Sport Coilover kits for MKII

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Greddy-Matt

Re: K-Sport Coilover kits for MKII

Post by Greddy-Matt »

:D Sorry mate, the orders have been processed now :(
But dont wory, if these kits are as good as they look, once people post up some feedback on them im sure another group buy can be arranged.

I think the reason we struggled to make the numbers this time round is that in the MR2 community K-Sport are a realatively unknown quantity. :D

Just to keep you guys in the loop, Ann has emailed me to say that all orders have been processed and we should expect deliveryin aprox 7 days ish.

Regards

Matt
Calina

Post by Calina »

Just an update on my k-sport coilovers that needed to be sent back for repair after only being on my car for 2 months.
I finally received it back last wed after waiting two weeks with my car being off the road. It was the damper that had gone. The modification on the anti rollbar bracket has been noted by k-sport and apex so hopefully they will modifiy their design.
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Has anyone recieved their coilovers yet? Please PM me if you have,

Many thanks

Matt
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Right oh people, should be recieving your coilovers today/tomorrow, could anyone who doesn't recieve them by then please contact me via pm. Many thanks

Matt
nick200

Post by nick200 »

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: to Matt for organising this, coilovers arrived and stonking value for these units !
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

No problem, any time mate
Thanks to all those who took part :thumleft:

Might see if i can get a gb for Whiteline anti roll bars next :mrgreen:
drew3555

Post by drew3555 »

Is anyone interested in another group buy on these? (I knew I should have got them last time!)

What do the people who have these from the last buy think of them?

I will give them a ring & see if they will do a similar deal as last time.
roadnutter

Post by roadnutter »

Hi...I'm interested in a set of these if there is another group buy?

Does anyone know if the original ride height can be achieved with these kits or do they always lower the car? The reason I ask is my bodykit makes speed bumps a nightmare already!

Cheers James.
steve---o

k sport coilovers

Post by steve---o »

hi bud,

i'd be interested in this depending on a turn around time as i'm desperate for some new suspension.

steve
drew3555

Post by drew3555 »

I could do with them quite quickly too! I phoned them today but the boss, who okays the group buys is on paternity leave till at least monday. It sounded like they would be able to do the deal again though & they suggested I get everyones details & agreement first.

It looks like there could be some others from mr2oc that want some too, i will post on there aswell.

If people add their details & spring rate requirements etc or pm me I will ring to organise this on monday.

1) Drew3555 - Road use - assumed 4.5/7.0
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Sorry for some reason I cant send PM's at tho mo :-k

I'll dig out the invoice I think delivery was about £7

The coilovers themselves are very good, james and co @ 3S commented that they looked like a good bit of kit....

The coilovers came with one set of adjustable droplinks, and 3S sorted me another set for the front, I can measure the centrepoints on mine if needed, and Sbits or 3S can sort you a pair...

Handling is unbelievably improved, I have so much more stabillity in corners now, and the car stays nice and flat, turn in is shapr and precise etc etc 8)

The ride is obviously stiffer than normal, but dropping the car equal to about a 45mm drop the ride is much improved and after playing with the damping settings Im very happy with them! I dont see why you can't run stock height there is a lot of adjustment in them..

Would I go for them again??? DEFINATELY!!! You get a lot of shock for the cash! Front and rear pillowball top mounts too!

P.S. tip here make sure you grease the spring seats before the shocks go on the car :thumleft: oh and team them with a pair of suspension braces = even better :D
pintovit

Post by pintovit »

Hi guys,

just for curiosity sake, how do you think these coilovers compare to the Tein!? Someone already asked for this on this thread but had no reply (probably because at the time nobody knew them really)...

Better? Worse? Better quality/price ratio?

Cheers,
Vítor
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

It would be very hard to say without testing them on identical cars, with the same size and spec wheels/tyres etc...

If anyone is considering these is going to the world record attempt this sunday, your more than welcome to take a ride....
j17sparky

Post by j17sparky »

Just about to ask if the drop links came with them but its already answered.

So 1 set deffinatly come with them then yeah? If needs be will i be able to get away with the other set standard for a short while?

:beer:
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

I dont know to be honest, 3S fitted new custom length ones to the front on mine anyway and used the adjustable ones on the rear, maybe you could use the standard ones, not sure to be honest...
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Greddy-Matt wrote:P.S. tip here make sure you grease the spring seats before the shocks go on the car

Oh, why :-k
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Because the springs are fixed either end to a solid disc. That disc then sits on another disc which inturn sits on the adjustable seat, and at the other end the top mount seat.

After a few weeks I started to get a "twang" from the front right shock when turning slowly i.e. parking, then the left started. Drove me nuts, pull up somewhere and everyone stared at my car going "boing" "twang" "patang".

Turns out I had dry mud between the surfaces and this was causing the spring stack to try and rotate with the leg rather than staying put, it moved so far then rotated back round causing the noise.

So I jacked the car up, cleaned the surface between the discs out and applied a thin layer of grease between the sandwitched discs top and bottom and not heard a dicky bird from them since 8)
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Interesting Mr Bond! Top tip :mrgreen:
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

:mrgreen:
Sorry that was a little longwinded :D
If I'd designed it I'd have used a sealed neddle bearing unit or one with a ball bearing race of some sort, but I didn't so ill :silent:
arome

Post by arome »

as i think there is another group buy going on, put me down for some

?) warner - fast road use

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”