My MR2 - the dark destroyer

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Century Motorsport

Re: My MR2 - the dark destroyer

Post by Century Motorsport »

EarL wrote:Absolutely f**kin' awesome Nath. :shock:

Now ffs, stop it!! Dave's not mapping mine until Feb 5th, and I'm like a nervous wreck now! :lol:

Pack it in with the vids. :twisted:

EarL.

LMAO!! :lol: You love it!!

Ill be waiting with baited breath to see your vids when your all mapped! Bet you cant wait - looking forward to seeing damn good results from your beast :twisted:

Nathan
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Century Motorsport

The 2 went for a remap today @ perfect touch resulting in 510WHP @ 8k

Not sure on the math but its circa 570-580 @ flywheel running 2.15 bar boost :shock:

Car is an animal to drive........ now where's that drag strip... :twisted:

Regards,

Nathan
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
greeny

Post by greeny »

Great numbers bud :thumleft:

Big power all the way to the redline! You got pics of the curves?

Now get in them 10's :wink:

SWMark wrote:Awesome matey.

Your free by all means to discard or utilise this advice, but id be careful of a lagged manifold on a turbo car, we've seen 3 or 4 cars at the coombe saloon champ series melt their turbos due to lagged manifolds and or turbine housings.

Anymore on this? as ive just had my turbine housing coated and was planning on wrapping my manifold?

Michael.
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

2.15 bar?!

After a run ill have tears coming out of my eyes :cry: ...what torque are u pushing?
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
Century Motorsport

Sorry i dont have any graphs as we were having traction problems with the dyno so they wouldnt print one off - shame really!!

Torque is 370 @ wheels - lower than expected but still plenty to go around!

Nathan
EarL

Post by EarL »

Excellent figures Nath. Bet you're well chuffed mate. :thumleft:

2.15 bar? :shock: What sort of map sensor are you running?

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

You told me Thursday nath!

Really wanted to see this :(

No probs mate :D
Century Motorsport

ENSMR2 wrote:You told me Thursday nath!

Oh shizen!

So sorry mate, i had to change to wed at last min - i thought i had told you..... sorry, my mistake.

Prob best you didnt see it - as an oil leak spoilt the fun and thats what caused the traction problem at the end.

Earl, i have a 3 bar map sensor but could not get it running so we tested the std one and amazingly we were still getting voltage @ 2.1bar so we caried on with that. Not sure why the 3bar one never worked though...... will be definately needed for when i go for 2.5 bar !!! lol :twisted:

A vid for you........ although revs were cut back because of wheel spin so not a true testiment

EarL

Post by EarL »

Century Motorsport wrote:

Oh shizen!

So sorry mate, i had to change to wed at last min - i thought i had told you..... sorry, my mistake.

Prob best you didnt see it - as an oil leak spoilt the fun and thats what caused the traction problem at the end.

Earl, i have a 3 bar map sensor but could not get it running so we tested the std one and amazingly we were still getting voltage @ 2.1bar so we caried on with that. Not sure why the 3bar one never worked though...... will be definately needed for when i go for 2.5 bar !!! lol :twisted:

A vid for you........ although revs were cut back because of wheel spin so not a true testiment

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/nathanfreke/th_nathans051.jpg[/URL]

Nath,

The reason the 3 bar map sensor isn't working is because anything past 2 bar, and the map sensor is just guessing. The sensor only see's the positive pressure above that of atmospheric (1 bar), so a 3 bar is needed for 2 bar of boost, and so on. To run above 2 bar of boost, you'll need a 4 bar map sensor. :wink:

This was one of the things I was discussing with Dave Rowe when he mapped my car.

I've got no expaination as to why the stock one is working! :scratch:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Century Motorsport

EarL wrote:

Oh shizen!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/nathanfreke/th_nathans051.jpg[/URL]

Nath,

The reason the 3 bar map sensor isn't working is because anything past 2 bar, and the map sensor is just guessing. The sensor only see's the positive pressure above that of atmospheric (1 bar), so a 3 bar is needed for 2 bar of boost, and so on. To run above 2 bar of boost, you'll need a 4 bar map sensor. :wink:

This was one of the things I was discussing with Dave Rowe when he mapped my car.

I've got no expaination as to why the stock one is working! :scratch:

EarL.

Cheers for the post Earl - thats food for thought but that wasnt the problem.

We couldnt actually get the car to run with the 3 bar map sensor at all - well, not properly anyway so after over an hour of changing settings we just reverted back to the std one as the bill was getting bigger by the second (and dont i know it now!)

Thanks,

Nathan
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Oh shizen!

No worries mate ;)

Next time :)
Century Motorsport

got tje new wheels on yesterday -

one with the modified screamer.....

how much boost?!?

Dropping the motor in a few weeks to fix the oil leak and maybe get the head off to get some big valves and a nice port job - money pending.....

Nathan
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

nath watching ur 0-100 vid i timed a very rough figure of just over 8 secs :shock: :shock: :shock: seems very quick mint motor mate keep up the good work

am i right in saying you were going down the 1/4 in 12.8s with following mods

techniclutch 400lft
mongoose exhaust
downpipe
std ct20b set to 1.1 on mbc
hks intercooler

if so thats a very impressive time indeed
Century Motorsport

skipp123 wrote:nath watching ur 0-100 vid i timed a very rough figure of just over 8 secs :shock: :shock: :shock: seems very quick mint motor mate keep up the good work

am i right in saying you were going down the 1/4 in 12.8s with following mods

techniclutch 400lft
mongoose exhaust
downpipe
std ct20b set to 1.1 on mbc
hks intercooler

if so thats a very impressive time indeed

Hi Skipp,

Yes thats right on the 12.8 times - the ic was doing a good job that day it seems!

Nathan
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

gorgeous wheels, what are they?
Century Motorsport

They are aren't they!! And you wont believe it when i say team dynamics...........

The driftz model. My prefered choice was advans but cost is a factor and i have an account with team dynamic so it made sense - plus when i got them i was amazed with the quality and look. Totally transformed the look of the car!!

Nathan
Century Motorsport

Well the over haul started today.

The engine was removed and stripped down today and the rebuild is commencing.

The motor will have a final spec of......

Century Motorsport 2.2 stroker kit w/ 87mm pistons & carillo rods

Sleeved + cryogenically treated block

Century motorsport Big valve & heavily ported head with re worked combustion chambers

Garret GT :?: :whistle: Turbo charger

ACL bearings thorughout

1000cc injectors in top mount rail

Swirl pot with inline bosh 044 pump

ARP bolts throughout

HKS head gasket

Lightened flywheel with tilton twin plate clutch

Century Motorsport re worked inlet manifold

ECU yet to be decided on....

More goodies will be revealed on the journey.

All this is being done in preparation for TOTB this year and will be updated constantly with pics and reports.

Regards,

Nathan
Century Motorsport

Here are a couple of pics - ill keep updating as i go

Century Motorsport

An update-

Got lots of stuff powder coated...

Cleaned up wastegate

Where has the engine gone?!?!?

In hiding

MR2's

Nathan
Century Motorsport

Sleeves arrived a few days back and are being fitted as i type..

New turbo arrived today-

Nathan
Last edited by Century Motorsport on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Project Cars”