[Mk2] [NA] INSURANCE PAYOUT

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gaggia

[Mk2] [NA] INSURANCE PAYOUT

Post by gaggia »

finally made me an offer for my stolen 2.£2500 which i think is pretty good considering it wasnt in top condition.However insurance company wont let me get another one!!!So bit of a dilema as to what next.Any ideas people?Group 14 or lower i need to be looking at,thought about 318is thats bout it.What we saying......
Pete J

Re: [Mk2] [NA] INSURANCE PAYOUT

Post by Pete J »

Change insurance company... solved.
gaggia

Post by gaggia »

not when im still paying instalments till june got no chance
MR2_Turbo

Post by MR2_Turbo »

Which insurance company is this?

Surely they can't tell you not to buy another one just because some thieving scumbag stole it? ](*,)

It seems completely wrong that you are getting punished twice for having your car stolen.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

MR2_Turbo wrote:Which insurance company is this?

Surely they can't tell you not to buy another one just because some thieving scumbag stole it? ](*,)

It seems completely wrong that you are getting punished twice for having your car stolen.

Fatc of life mate. Unfortuantely , the way they see it, even though it was stolen, his location/property poses a greater theft risk than before. They are obviously now gonna NOT cover him for some cars. Theyre not telling him what to drive just refusing to cover him on anything over grp 14.

Sorry to hear that mate. Why dont you take a look at this list mate, its not all gloom mate. namely the old school Supra and the Honda CRX..................

http://www.parkers.co.uk/insurance/Grou ... aspx?ig=14

HTH

Bobby
waelwulfas

Post by waelwulfas »

gaggia wrote:not when im still paying instalments till june got no chance

Accept the settlement and cancel the remainder of the policy. You've only had 6 months use of the policy they can't charge you a years premium for less use. Generally once a total loss is paid the policy ends.
Turbo-G

Post by Turbo-G »

Who is the company? Just for a word of warning for people to not use them in the future...

I really don't see how they can dictate what group car you can have because yours was stolen, fair enough if you stacked it. But it was probbably more to do with the fact you had a lack of security on the vehicle. Have you asked to speak to a manager? The chumps in the call centres don't know their ar$e to their armpit :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'm assuming you didnt have protected no claims bonus?
gaggia

Post by gaggia »

wasnt the security had a toad ai606.not that there the best but still would take someone with a bit of know how.well my premium is 1500 so ive only payed them 700 thats why there being funny
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

You could argue that £1,500 is for a whole years insurance for an MR2 and you havent had that so how can they claim you still owe them?
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

waelwulfas wrote:
gaggia wrote:not when im still paying instalments till june got no chance

Accept the settlement and cancel the remainder of the policy. You've only had 6 months use of the policy they can't charge you a years premium for less use. Generally once a total loss is paid the policy ends.

matt_mr2t wrote:You could argue that £1,500 is for a whole years insurance for an MR2 and you havent had that so how can they claim you still owe them?

I have been here myself: Unless they fail to state it, which is unlikely, no refund will be made for the unused portion of an insurance policy once a claim has been made. Look at it this way: you have availed yourself 100% of the benefits of the policy by way of making a claim and receiving a pay out under the terms of the policy yet you have only provided 50% of the consideration for that policy therefore the company is entitled to settlement of the outstanding portion of the policy. It is likely that the final settlement cheque may include a deduction to cover the unpaid portion of the policy.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

a 325 should be attainable for not much more money than that.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
gaggia

Post by gaggia »

all sorted now,picked up a bmw 318is m-tech.not in the same league as mr2 power wise but its okay for a cruise and i can keep the back end sliding.So people thats me done on here for a while until a nice turbo comes up next year,thanks for all the help everyone has been wicked to me.Watch out for that snow!!cheers guys and girl

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”