TRD Widebody - 509.6BHP!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jimbob

Re: TRD Widebody - 509.6BHP!

Post by Jimbob »

Yep :D

Its kind of a first tester, as they haven't got much dyno work completed with it as AFAIK. There are a couple of tweeks I am helping Jason with to get the fitment perfect, and I have modified this one by removing the standard WG flange and replacing with a Tial version.

Once I have helped with fitment and got all the issues sorted and some dyno/road proof, get your orders in :thumleft:

Oh and by the way, these are manufactured by Motoria, just like the new GT30 downpipes, which I have also modified. These are from exactly the same place Tim got his from, ask him yourself if you like. I also believe XS-Power maybe the sole distrubutor for Mororia DP's in the UK now as well although this is only my understanding.

Jim
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Are they getting done in Rev 3
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I believe so I'll find out for you mate

Jim
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

hope this works out for you Jimbob, at this point i wouldn't trust anything from XSPower, but maybe your car will show that they can do decent stuff. do they seem to be paying attention to the feedback you give them, or is it in one ear and out the other ?

now hurry up and get that damn car on the road for some serious fun (now you're nearly done with the serious work on it)

keep smilin'
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Yeah I hope it works out too. For one I don't want to be taking this on and off because it is cracking, and also XS could do with upping their game and getting a clean break.

As I said this stuff is all Motoria made so anybody who was a fan of the xxxx stuff should like this too.

I think in general they have some products like these and their strut bars which are good but are let down by the odd poor product. I honestly don't know what their new stuffs quality is like in terms of intercooling but if this is anything to go by it will be ok.

Fingers crossed.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Keep me posted on the manifold dude I am desprate to get up and running
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

After poutting the wrong bushes on the front end and torquing it all up, I got to the backs and realised and swore a lot, then took the fronts back off and swapped them out, almost done again now after dirty arms, legs, face, realease oil down my back and rust in my eye, i'm almost done!

Heres a few pics that look pooh with a flash

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Ok after a gruelling couple of days on the drive I have the engine finally in. The fuel hoses still need connecting the wiring finishing, loom extending in a couple of places, and the fire wall cutting but so far looking good.

Ignore the daft shiny hose thats getting binned tomorrow.

Will also be fitting my oil cooler and hopefully getting some fluids in.

Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

Nice work Jim :thumleft:

You cam cover looks grey now!!!
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
deadhumancollector

Post by deadhumancollector »

dude, you deserve a medal for this :D

Cant wait to see her finished.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Me neither!

Made a little progress tonight. Got some nice bits on to cheer me up. Turns out JAE is off the cards which is a shame but many things have transpired against me.

Got some hoses fitted now and the intake which looks kinda big :D

Oh ignore the comedy rubber glove, thats just to stop mice hiding in my turbo overnight :lol:
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

why the x2 bov's mate genuinly interested

this car has to be one of the most compleet and well put together mr2s on here :thumleft:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Cheers Skip,

Basically went for two as..........

a) It looks better :D
b) I remember reading an article on an RX7 stating that his BOV arrangement wasn't sufficient to dump air on gear changes and he was suffering from bad turbo stall which wrecked a turbo. Not sure how true that is but got me thinking a decent sized turbo produces a lot of air and one 25mm BOV cannot get rid of all that air.
c) It sounds good too :D

Mainly a) and c)

Hopefully get some more done on th oil system tonight then back onto the TMIC Thursday night
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Finally got my Photobucket to work.

Got my oil cooler fitted yesterday and took a pic before the lkast hose went on. I couldn't find anywhere better to put it so if anybody has any ideas then fire away.

Got some coolant in tonight and found a leak! The water elbow is leaking so its guna get taken off tomorrow and a rubber gasket fitted.

Hopefully with a little luck it could fire this weekend! :D

Last edited by Jimbob on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve---o

project jimbob

Post by steve---o »

:shock:
oh my god, this is the sex!!!!

top marks to this man indeed :clap: :clap:

steve---o
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Great work exellent Fab work :D

The turbo outlet with the Silicone 90 deg bend are you not woried about the pipe popping off under high boost / high tempretures just with the manifold that baby is going to heat soak and kick off some heat and them jubilee clips may not do the job,, Mikilors or constant tension clamps maybe ??
deadhumancollector

Post by deadhumancollector »

awesome jim,

was wondering where that carbon fibre duct was gonna go. looks fantastic to be fair.

hats off :thumleft:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I used to have Milalors but have not bothered this time. They claim to have a constant pressure all the way round, but after owning them I am not overly convinced. Ended up going for the high grip jubilee type clamps. Fensports car is making 576 at the hubs with jubilees so they must be ok? Personally I don't think Mikalors are worth the extra money, in fact I once had one blow off! I dont like the unclamped area between the two bridges.

I may do a little polished heat shield over that corner of the manifold as I have some 0.5mm Stainless in the shed. I'll have a little play this weekend. I'm loathe to heat wrap it as i don't want to tempt anything. #-o

Well I cured the water leak, I hope. Removed the water elbow and made up a gasket. It seems to have selaed nicely. Also had to nip up a jubilee clip, but getting there now.

Having a few problems getting the coolant in and only managed about 7-8litres. But the back of the car is jacked up. So once I land it this weekend I will have another go.

Managed to book mapping today \:D/ 21st of August here we come. Can't wait to get it on the road now. Just a few exhaust tweeks and the wiring to do now.
tops

Post by tops »

hows it goin james, is neil doing the mapping? i might be coming over to see john soon you'll have to pm your number and i'll swing by and have a proper look when im out that way, looks really good mate you've done a hell of a job and done well to keep plugin away for so long, i know how hard it can be and i aint done as much as you! top marks, well have to have a burn up when your all fininshed :)
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Well not so good!

Got some electrical problems and I hate electric stuff!

1. ABS light on may be related to 2
2. ECU light not on keeps popping fuses soon as i turn key to on
3. P/S light flashes with steering in neutral and pump won't stop running
4. Front sidelight on all the time
5. left turn signal lamp is lit up solid all the time not flashing!
6. Rear lights don't work

Other than that I can at least listen to the stereo!

Yeah Neil is doing it so gota get my skates on.

I think I have your number so will give you a text, think you already have mine.

Definately up for that burn. mate at work drives an evo8 FQ300 and goes to drives out now and then so he has some good roads in mind. I'll get a camera hooked up as well.

Hows the hydra now?

Return to “Project Cars”