[Mk2] [Turbo] power - how

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

djlee_dj

[Mk2] [Turbo] power - how

Post by djlee_dj »

i want more power. rev1.

im enquiring about a dastek unichip .......... have a k&n 57i (dump valve, boost guage) ... nothing else

what people recommend for reasonable money/performance ?

dastek.
downpipe.
boost controller. boost up ?

thanks.
ENSMR2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] power - how

Post by ENSMR2 »

Add an intercooler to that list to keep charge temps down. Also an exhaust - mongoose possibly.

Leave the unichip till last if you are on a tight budget.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

power upgrade

Post by Martin F »

yep,get the exhaust sorted and get rid of the cat.2fast2cool are selling a dep. 2 style exhaust on ebay,i got one for £240 and it looks great and sounds pretty dam good compared to blueflame or mongoose,also it is 3" all the way through so if u decide ur wanting more than 300 rwhp (in the future)u wont need to upgrade your exhaust,got the de-cat for £50,the intercooler ive seen for £160 from x s power (buy it now)which is almost identical to the berk one which sells for £400.with the unichip you get the boost module that lets the unichip determine the uprated boost pressure in conjunction with your rpm,s so you will not need a seperate bleed or grainger valve,your limits are then your turbo and fueling system but with the above set up you should be looking at around 300 - 320 bhp.also a fuel regulator would be advised...pheww...!
SW20Paul

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] power - how

Post by SW20Paul »

I would say one thing on that list is to get rid of the BOV and go back to the standard re-circ one vent to atmos ones on rev1 and rev2 cars cause problems with over fueling.

I agree with ensmr2 get an itercooler sorted to get the temps down berk ones are probably the best budget ones.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

dastek

Post by Martin F »

if however your on a limited budget the unichip will give you a safe 280 or 290 bhp at the flywheel with no other mods and if in the future you add other mods then it is a simple 1 hour rolling road session to integrate the mods into the unichip to up your bhp and the general running off the car,hope this helps :thumleft:
just means you will spend more money in the longterm as you have too keep getting the unichip mapped....

Return to “Modifications”