If you're flashed by a black unbadged RX7 or Blue Mk1.....

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

If you're flashed by a black unbadged RX7 or Blue Mk1.....

Post by Guest »

....in East Herts/Essex - that's me (c: I used to drive a white Mk2 Tubby but sold that and now I'm driving either a Mk1 MR2 or my Rex.

I still flash people and/or wave to them if they're looking but so far I only get a response when I'm in the Mk1. So - if you see me wave/flash when I'm in my RX - I do really own an MR2 - just that it's enjoying a day off!

I've seen quite a few Mk2's driving along the A120 around Bishops Stortford and also seen a few between Stortford and Sawbridgeworth (seen the other thread - hello!).

The Rex is going to Portsmouth for a few weeks for a seaside holiday (aka engine rebuild - shudder) so I'll be out in the Mk1 much more. I'll also be at Brunty at the least to visit.....possibly in the Rex if it's finished by then.

Cheers,
Si.

'86 Mk1 NA
'96 RX7/RS
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: If you're flashed by a black unbadged RX7 or Blue Mk1.....

Post by tonigmr2 »

'bout time you arrived here Si :D

Keep an eye out for me, I just bought another SC to run around in :D :D

T

Post by Guest »

LOL :lol:

...mailing list...grumble grumble...nobody there...grumble....grumble....have to use forum....grumble....grumble... (c:

Left-handed smilies don't work Oc:

Helllooooo!!!! (c: I've seen you on the road a couple of times - mostly around Harlow/A414 I have to say (particularly the roundabout near Harlow Town Station).

The collection grows (c: Would that be the one for sale that was posted to IMOC per chance? I'm plotting on moving to somewhere with a driveway and garage - then you'll have some buying competition (c: Although the RX rebuild will put a dampner on my spending on cars for a while.

If you're interested.... Saturday 2nd April - I'm taking my Rex down to RE:worx in Portsmouth for the rebuild, etc... There happens to be a Skyline Dyno session on there that day - so I'll be having a nose around - thought I'd mention it in case you're interested.

Cheers,
Si.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yeah I'd have had a little trip in the skyline...except I am booked that day for a show. *coughmeanstreetscruisecough*

:D

Don't think this SC was on IMOC...nice little mica blue manual hardtop, aircon already removed, adjustable suspension but otherwise completely standard, I'm thinking little track toy! Once the TC is completed though I suspect it'll be resold :twisted:

T
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

hey si! you came to the witham RR day a year or so back didn't you? glad to see the RX7 still going :D

Post by Guest »

Chris,
Hi - wow, great to hear from you!!! Yup, the RX is still going but it's going to be burning a very large hole in my pocket over the next couple of months. I may also be selling my Mk1 NA but for altogether different reasons (fingers crossed).

The Rex is getting a 50Kmile birthday present which is the engine rebuild but at the same time it's getting some minor fettling to keep it happy. The engine and diff mounts are getting replaced with solid versions, the engine driven water pump is coming out to be replaced by an electric version and it's getting a new clutch in to the boot - plus anything else that needs doing (suspension bushes, etc). It'll be away for more than two weeks but less than four and it's first outing will be in Brunty but as a visitor - I'll still be running the engine in so no track driving yet.

The Apex PFC will also be getting mapped and there may be other tweaks going on there too - need to decide what based on how much it'll all cost. After that it's back to the dyno for the final mapping (once run-in) and to see if it still goes (c:

Good to hear from you,
Si.
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

SiCook wrote:Chris,
Hi - wow, great to hear from you!!! Yup, the RX is still going but it's going to be burning a very large hole in my pocket over the next couple of months. I may also be selling my Mk1 NA but for altogether different reasons (fingers crossed).

The Rex is getting a 50Kmile birthday present which is the engine rebuild but at the same time it's getting some minor fettling to keep it happy. The engine and diff mounts are getting replaced with solid versions, the engine driven water pump is coming out to be replaced by an electric version and it's getting a new clutch in to the boot - plus anything else that needs doing (suspension bushes, etc). It'll be away for more than two weeks but less than four and it's first outing will be in Brunty but as a visitor - I'll still be running the engine in so no track driving yet.

The Apex PFC will also be getting mapped and there may be other tweaks going on there too - need to decide what based on how much it'll all cost. After that it's back to the dyno for the final mapping (once run-in) and to see if it still goes (c:

Good to hear from you,
Si.

wow sounds good si! love the RX7 i have to say but rebuild costs and 14mpg average scares me :D

RR day in June in witham if your interested ;) check the events page for more info, going to be BIG!

Post by Guest »

LOL - economy! I'll book in for the RR day - I'll check up on the list and sort it out (c: The economy should be much improved when I get it back - hurrah!

Cheers,
Si.

Return to “Spotted”