Mr2 turbo (Gibbo) VS Ferrari f430 (video)

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Spittinflames

Mr2 turbo (Gibbo) VS Ferrari f430 (video)

Post by Spittinflames »

This was takin a few months ago before gibbo sold his car, we followed this for a while and only at the very end did i decide to get the camera phone out.

Poor quality but i dont carry a camcorder round with me 24/7 im afraid.

Anyways thought it's something nice to share.

Gibbo driving, me as passenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Z4dPAu2fY
mr2nut123

Re: Mr2 turbo (Gibbo) VS Ferrari f430 (video)

Post by mr2nut123 »

Bet the ferrari driver was like whaaaaaat :shock:

So whats the mr2 had done to it then?
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

It was bradda gibbos old car, Motec ecu, blitz 850 inj, water inj, forged goodies, cams.... but still running standard turbo (26) and standard intercooler..... It was quite a good blast..... We did play with him a bit before the video too...... thing is its not bad when a 100k car can't tottaly waste a 2k car.... I'd be taking it back to the main dealers lol

Still the ferrari was faster obvioulsy.... but still the mr2 stood its ground pretty well considering how old and cheap it is =D>
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Spittinflames wrote:It was bradda gibbos old car, Motec ecu, blitz 850 inj, water inj, forged goodies, cams.... but still running standard turbo (26) and standard intercooler..... It was quite a good blast..... We did play with him a bit before the video too...... thing is its not bad when a 100k car can't tottaly waste a 2k car.... I'd be taking it back to the main dealers lol

Still the ferrari was faster obvioulsy.... but still the mr2 stood its ground pretty well considering how old and cheap it is =D>

A ct20 or big more and you would have kept with it id imagine. p1$$ funny video though i didnt notice him getting away much at all, very slight to be fair.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

clearly the ferrari driver didnt want to take any risks because it WELL pulled away when it came off the bends.....i bet he didnt keep his foot planted for very long hense how you caught up.....
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

jimGTS wrote:clearly the ferrari driver didnt want to take any risks because it WELL pulled away when it came off the bends.....i bet he didnt keep his foot planted for very long hense how you caught up.....

Jim theres no doubt the ferrari was quicker..... and yes your right he never fully blated it round the bends but on the straights wouldnt you expect it to pull quite a bit more than it did...... This vid was never to prove the mr2 kept up with it, it was just something that happened and i thought it would be nice to share 8)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

well going by my other thread, even 1-2 car lengths pulling away equates to a fair chunk of power....(or power to weight)
them pulling away bits on that vid lasted like 3-4seconds and in that time it pulled a fair few lengths, which says to me it would have anialated the mr2 in the right hands......

sure, good vid, and proved they cant easily escape on a public road.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Not arguing with you there m8 your totally right..... But dont forget the car in front always gets the jump..... Just like F1 see the car infront blast away on the straight then get caught on the bend, even being on the throttle 1 second before hand equates to alot.

I dont think gibbos did bad at all.... considering its still on its ct26 with standard cooling.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

oh yeh sure, i appreciate that......only a bit of fun after all....

never really had a blat with anything like that....
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

I had a blat with a GT3 was funny as fek..... He's in front of me on the outside lane of a dual carrigeway being held up by some slow ass.... I knew as soon as the car moved over he would nail it.... so i was ready, put it this way i didnt even have time to change gear before i lost sight of him. :lol:

Makes you realise the difference between a quick car and a mental one.. :D
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

I am with JimGTS here. You could tell he only booted it for about 2 secs on the straights, you can tell by the sound when an F430 is on full chat.

:)

Still good though :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

I agree with jim too :wink:
Jaik

Post by Jaik »

Nice video, I know how much slower everything looks on camera than it really is.

Hi Spittinflames by the way, long time no speak :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Jaik wrote:Nice video, I know how much slower everything looks on camera than it really is.

Hi Spittinflames by the way, long time no speak :)

Aup jaik.... whats this we back on username terms :lol:

The meets have dried up a bit now for the winter....... It's like we all go in hibernation. Roll on summer 8)
Jaik

Post by Jaik »

Spittinflames wrote:Aup jaik.... whats this we back on username terms :lol:

The meets have dried up a bit now for the winter....... It's like we all go in hibernation. Roll on summer 8)

I forget who prefers not to have their real name put on forums :oops:

I'm still up for meetups in xxxx weather, obviously going for a few runs over the Cat in the snow is a little out of the question, but I'm sure we can all live through the cold.

Return to “Driving Experiences”