Need any help?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Veilside Turbo

Need any help?

Post by Veilside Turbo »

Just wondered if you needed any help with the club and/or website?

I founded and ran the Ford Ka Owners Klub GB a few years ago and it is still going strong www.kaklub.co.uk

My main question, is this going to become a "real" club such as the Drivers Club or remain as a free message board? I am asking this because the thing I really miss since not being with a club is the weekends away bbq's and touring around the UK and Europe (visiting shows as an excuse). Are these type of events being planned?

I'd be interested to here your plans and if I can assist in any way. You can contact me at [email protected] or just post on here.

All the best,
Simon Hoult
paul_h

Re: Need any help?

Post by paul_h »

My main question, is this going to become a "real" club such as the Drivers Club or remain as a free message board? I am asking this because the thing I really miss since not being with a club is the weekends away bbq's and touring around the UK and Europe (visiting shows as an excuse). Are these type of events being planned?

Simon Hoult

Simon the good thing about the way this club is setup is that anyone can organise an event / dayout. It doesn't have to be left to someone else. If you want to organise something feel free and stick a post up.

paul
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Veilside Turbo wrote:Just wondered if you needed any help with the club and/or website?

Simon, the offer is greatly appriciated. What in particular do you feel you could help with ?

Veilside Turbo wrote:
I founded and ran the Ford Ka Owners Klub GB a few years ago and it is still going strong www.kaklub.co.uk

My main question, is this going to become a "real" club such as the Drivers Club or remain as a free message board?

IMOC-UK has for many years been completely free - with members donating time/ effort/ facilities - and on the whole it has worked out verywell.

However, with the problems with the website, we've had to take the next step on which is paid-for hosting - for which we can get a guaranteed service level and support.

Its not hugely expensive, but we will have to look at ways of potentially covering this cost in the future.

Veilside Turbo wrote:
I am asking this because the thing I really miss since not being with a club is the weekends away bbq's and touring around the UK and Europe (visiting shows as an excuse). Are these type of events being planned?

I'd be interested to here your plans and if I can assist in any way. You can contact me at [email protected] or just post on here.

All the best,
Simon Hoult

Yes, we certainly do run these types of event :)

JAE around July is a good club weekend, we tend to do a couple of trackdays in a year - and there are always people plotting trips abroad - a trip to Dublin is currently under discussion with a potential trackday at Mondello Park.

There are as well local pub meets and events - mostly people post either here, or on the YahooGroups Mailing list and get a group of people together.

We're probably as well just to ask if there are any people who'd like to become co-ordinators of events in their area - if that's something that you'd like to get involved with, let me know.
Veilside Turbo

Post by Veilside Turbo »

Well it seems you have everything you need.

I was under the impression the club was having trouble and needed help from what I read on other message boards and then the website went.

Anyway its good to hear that everything is "in hand" :D

Also I just wondered when will the main website be up and running? If you need help with that give me a shout. I run my own business from home so I can make as much time as I need. I can give you some url's to sites I have done if you are interested.

All the best,
Si
Veilside Turbo

Post by Veilside Turbo »

I understand you are getting the website up and running but the Toyota logo at the top of the page looks funny. What about these? Its only a 2 minute job so don't give me a hard time 8)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Veilside Turbo

Post by Veilside Turbo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: and my personal favourites :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Image Image

Sorry guys, I'll stop with the stupid posts. I'm bored today :lol:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Veilside Turbo wrote:I understand you are getting the website up and running but the Toyota logo at the top of the page looks funny. What about these? Its only a 2 minute job so don't give me a hard time 8)

Steve - Nice! Hey, do you have experinece doing graphic design then?

If so, you're just the man we're looking for 8)

We're working on potential new portal designs for the frontpage, and need to develop the look/ feel/ style of the new site - we've carried over the Red/White theme from the old original IMOC-UK site for the moment.
Veilside Turbo

Post by Veilside Turbo »

I am by no means a web designer or graphic designer. I just enjoy messing around with it and I have done a few sites.

I know they aren't superb and I'm alot better since I did these but heres a few old ones I did:

www.steelmans.co.uk - My company site
www.coalvillebasketball.co.uk - My Basketball club
www.furiousgraphics.co.uk - A site for a friend
www.corioprinting.co.uk - A site for a friend
www.steelmans.co.uk/websitedesign/index.htm - A site for a friend (Not live yet)

I'm not sure if I'm talented enough but I am very keen.

Regards,
Simon

Return to “Club News and Announcements”