leaking t-bar

Post by silvermr2 »

heard its a very common thing.....

how i stop it?

thanks
JOHNM400

Re: leaking t-bar

Post by JOHNM400 »

There are various ways to combat this problem. The easiest way which usually works is to spray all the rubber seals with silicone spray. I do it once every 2 months or so to keep them supple.
si2040

Post by si2040 »

silicone sealent works too!
EarL

Post by EarL »

Check the knowledge base dude. Loads of things in there on this subject. :wink:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
silvermr2

Post by silvermr2 »

thanks people... sick of getting in the car in the morning to get a wet right ar$e cheek :lol:
darkmagi

Post by darkmagi »

I had the same problem as you with the t-bar & after trying to spray it ( which did not work) i found the best way to fix it was to get an inner tube from a bike cut a piece of the rubber to fit the end of the t-bar were it is leaking and glue it to that end but make sure you only glue the piece to the side that is leaking, I did this about 3 years ago & it has not leaked again, well thats a bit of a lie it has given me a couple of drips when im driving the car but i can live with that.

Hope this helps.......... :D
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Dude!
You could try the t-bar eccentric guide rods from Mr T. Cost about a tenner and replace the standard rods inside the t bar to pull it down closer to the window and seals. Worked on mine, along with adjusting the door fit and window glass position.
Good luck.
Rob S
k-ro

Post by k-ro »

How do you adjust the door? I mite try utching mine up to combat the problem :-k
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Mate,
the door can be adjusted by freeing off the large retainer inside the door sill and moving it (tap it with a wrench... it's that easy!). I think though that it only adjusts in/out, not sure about up/down. The door glass however can be adjusted up/down, backwards/forwards and in/out (at the top) by adjusting the guides once the door trim is off.
Instructions and diagrams at www.mr2dc.com in one of the technical forums there along with pt. no. for the eccentric rods which I def. recommend.
I did all 3 (door/glass/rods) and it's saved me £250 for new seals which Mr T told me was the only fix....
Good luck.
Baker

Post by Baker »

is this a common problem?? might try a search and just check.

oh...it is.

:lol:

Return to “Mechanical”