club agm

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

club agm

Post by crazylegs »

nice to see some of the regular faces again, shame a few more of you could not be bothered to come.i was shocked and somewhat ashamed at the turnout. how can we go forward if no one puts any thing in ? if some can travel fron the NE and far SE then where were all the rest of you ?

thanks to the committee members for their reports and the chairing of the meeting. we all came away a bit more informed and with some new ideas.a nice wander around the heritage centre was a bonus !
kevin..in

Re: club agm

Post by kevin..in »

spent the day spannering a f***ng peugeot can't always do what you want, now I cant get the awful tast of gear oil out of my mouth :puker: going for some cider see if that will do the trick, so not a complete waste then
S A Watt

Post by S A Watt »

I am disappointed that there was a poor turn out to the AGM. I hoped it would be better as we really do need to keep the dream alive.

It is just to far for someone who is 50 miles north of Aberdeen up here in Scotland to attend.
HT

Post by HT »

^^^ Similarly in the north west, its a pity regarding the small turn out at the AGM - can't say I fancied a 400 mile round trip! Instead of shaming those who didn't go why not involve us with some of the info gleaned??
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Yep i must admit i was disapointed at the mimimal turn out, it would have been better if at least ALL the local area organisers had turned up then we could have decided on a few new idea's there & then rather than have to wait & contact the area organisers at a later date so slowing down the process even further. A huge thanks must go to those who bothered to attend, some travelling many hundreds of miles to help ensure their club moves forward & progresses, thanks also to Jo, Stuart & Richard who all chaired the meeting with professionalism. On Stuart's request we cant openly discuss matters that were reached, on an open Forum for all to see, this will all appear in the club mag when its published. The venue was superb & all that did attend had a great day, cheers, Jinxy
HT

Post by HT »

Oops sorry crazylegs, commonsense that the commitee does not wish to discuss its affairs on a public forum :oops: - will have to wait for the next clubmag :thumleft:
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Fully intended to attend, and had been looking forward to it for some time - but had to drop my Mk1 which I sold on ebay off in Plymouth - so did a fair bit of driving instead!!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

Would have like to have gone but we had one of our things on last night so it made it impossible.

I hope they manage to get it all written up for the next mag, especially after the grilling all area reps, and ex-reps, got recently about getting articles in on time.
johnp

Post by johnp »

mr.Crane ---just because most members choose not to attend the AGM it does not give you the right to talk down to them like naughty schoolchildren .
i think most people join car clubs to glean information to help keep their vehicles on the road at reasonable cost.They pay their sub and expect the committed minority to provide something to them in return.The minority willingly accept positions as officers of the club--no-one forces them and if they are unhappy they resign-end of story!
thus clubs like this will happily muddle through and hopefully give pleasure to their members along the way,but to berate people for not taking an active role--please don't do this--i can't see what it can achieve.

best wishes to all members.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

thats an interesting perspective on things. so you feel you should be able to enjoy all the benefits you have listed and encourage everyone else to do the same but add nothing in return. you expect a very small minority to give up most of their free time so you do not have to do anything.as for the argument that they do not have to do it you are right, but then if everybody took that view there would be no club.my comments were a personal view and i was ashamed at the poor turn out. i believe if you take something you give back in return.
i hope there will be no future complaining and moaning about the club, magazine, events,commitee decisions and general running as only a handfull will in my opinion have a right to comment.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Im also sorry i couldnt attend the agm, im having "slight" issues with my race car ](*,) , and with no days off between yesterday and the next race we had to get it fixed. and it hasnt completly so i wish i came to the agm anyway.
Tony jinxy froude

Its not a problem Tim, steve, Wayne etc as you all had a willingness to come, but im with Kev on his above comment, i personally had a journey of nearly 300 miles yesterday, Kev was more than that & Pete Kyte was further still & we all gave our free time to do it... why ? because we ALL had a duty as club members to have our say & put something back into our club. Its far too easy to sit back on our arses & reap the benefits & let eveyone else do the work, sorry but its attitudes like that, that p1$$ me off.
Johnp [-X im sorry, but your out of line on this one bud.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Hi, nice to see everyone yesterday (well not EVERYONE!) . I agree with Tony and Kev as above, it is always the same faces attending events and involving themselves in club matters. When Jo Walker can devote her whole summer (yes the whole summer) to organising fantastic events and only a handful can be bothered to turn up, this is just not on.
Tim, Wayne and all other "active" members who could not attend, not a problem as you come to a lot of other events, to the others who pay their subscription and dont help the club in any way ... shame on you.

A joke was made by Stuart that the individuals attending made up 2% of the club's members, I didn't find this very funny.

Also, I didn't have to travel too far, I was only just over an hour away, but if Mac Sheavills can attend (cant remember where he is from but if his accent is anything to go by then pretty far up North!!!) then why cannot other members make the effort?
Fair enough Scotland is pretty far, but what about the others?

Sorry to repeat the sentiments of others, but we really do need more club support at meetings AND events.

Stop sitting at home polishing your MR2 and come and enjoy it at shows with other likeminded individuals!

Next event as far as I know is the Classic Car Show at Birmingham NEC, please make the effort
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Tony jinxy froude

Ollie :thumleft: =D> Nuff said mate.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Thanks to everyone who attended.
=D> =D>
The minutes will be published in the club mag.

We made good progress in the meeting and this will undoubtedly see improvements for the coming year.

Members travelled from durham oop-north, and from the south too.
The only comment i can make about attendance is i'm glad people came, but sorry that those who wanted to come couldn't make it due to thier different circumstances.
for those who openly speak out and moan on the forum - it's a shame you couldn't turn up to help us set issues straight.

I am looking forward to the chnages ahead - no matter how small an issue, i think things will benefit members as a whole.

details will not be discussed here on a public forum but people are welcome to direct questions to the committee one things are published.

thanks again peeps :mrgreen:
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

I too am sorry I couldn't come. At first I was pre-booked yesterday, but that was cancelled last minute - by the time I found out, it would have been one big rush to get there for 11 (Bedford -> Reading to pick up car -> AGM) - ideally I'd have gone to Reading on Saturday night... but I didn't know I'd be able to come at that time...

Really gutted actually as I wanted to hear a bit more about the club mag and add a bit of input. I was just wondering though, if the Mk1 site is going to get a rebuild (obviously as I wasn't there yesterday I don't know the details of this) could we not create a members only area in there for things like this?

Anyway, as I had the afternoon available, I raced into London (started at 1 and that was hard enough for me to make it to on time!) and represented the Mk1 club for the London Run... (although I think I should'a put up some kind of advertising for it as my Mk1 definately looked out of place!)
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

I am sorry I couldn't attend but I am away on holiday with friends in Suffolk.

I fully intend to help out where I can in submitting articles, attending events, helping out at events etc.

I must admit that I feared the AGM may have turned out to be a slanging match with not much progress. Well I'm very glad to say that I was wrong and I understand it was a very constructive meeting.

I look forward to reading the minutes in the next magazine. :D
johnp

Post by johnp »

sorry, does this mean you would like to see the moderators have a list of ACTIVE members and if any critisism came from someone not on the list then it should be censored out?

no one can know any individuals personal circumstances which might preclude active participation --there fore why lump them all together?
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

John, this post here ^^^^^

What was that post replying to? Sorry , don't understand :?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

John, it is quite simple. The club needs more active members. Nobody is wanting to point the finger at individuals who dont attend. All the club wants is for members to try and attend events, be it national or locally organised events. Granted some will have personal circumstances to prevent them attending , but I'm sure most of us are able to attend at least 1 or 2 events a year.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”